[Complaint] EPICfighters

donoskaro

In-Game Nickname: EPICfighters

Time and date: Sun 13 Jan 17:27

Description of what happened:

Player _Xflex_ has been jailed for killing 2 players, while in jail _Xflex_ used /g and /l to speak with players including me and GravityCube. DezeGames then informed us that speaking while in jail is a violation of rule number 2 which covers bypassing punishment. Later on, EPICfighters logged in and issued a 2 day ban for _Xflex_ for violating rule number 2. Now, nowhere does it say that while in jail a player cannot talk, there is no sign in the "cell", there is nothing in the rules about it. Even from my experience while I was jailed before, I could speak freely just not move about. Now it makes perfect sense that bypassing punishment in this case would be getting outside of the jail cell and speaking would not. Sure, there is a message of "You don't have permission to chat in this region!" when in the cell, however, even when not jailed that message still shows. If speaking while jailed is considered by the staff as something that shouldn't be allowed then commands like /msg, /l, /g should not be allowed while jailed, or there should be a sign informing the player that they should not try to communicate with other players. I think that the player _Xflex_ should be unbanned for breaking rule number 2 in this case since he did not have the required information about how the jail works on this particular server and a sign be placed inside the cell informing players that contacting anyone is prohibited.

Screenshots or Proof: n/a

List of eyewitnesses: _Xflex_, GravityCube, DezeGames, DaBe00593

OK _Xflex_ here I got a jail for 1 hour becouse i Killed 2 peoble is this ok or what???

I was speaking in the jail becouse its not fair a jail for killing on a pvp server and now i got a bann for 2 days i sayed he can bann me for 2 years put no now i boght my bann free why are i am in jail when i bought me free??

As said, the player was banned for bypassing mute while jailed.

When jailed, you cannot speak in chat, hence the "You don't have permission to chat in this region!" message that appears. Using commands would, obviously, be your only means of talking. Now, since you can't talk in chat when jailed, is it not common sense that using a command to bypass this be a violation of the rules. You mentioned that these should be disabled, I an unsure of the reason as to why these are not restricted when muted/jailed.

16 minutes ago, donoskaro said:

_Xflex_ should be unbanned for breaking rule number 2 in this case since he did not have the required information about how the jail works

You say he did not have the required information however, it is my understanding that he was told multiple times by Dezegames that using those commands to bypass the mute is a violation of rule 2 and can therefore be punished. He first contacted me to ask about it, i said to inform him of it first so he doesn't do it again; clearly this did nothing. Due to the amount of times he bypassed the mute whilst in jailed he has been punished for it.

Indeed, I will inform Henk/Brunyman about a sign for better understanding.

7 minutes ago, _Xflex_ said:

jail becouse its not fair a jail for killing on a pvp server

You was jailed due to PvP scamming; this involved you teleporting to the player and killing them, which you admitted to. This is a Rule 5 offense and you was informed of this during your time in jail.

"No PvP Scamming / use of creative healing or OP creative enchants.  Arguments over breaking PvP conditions may result in one or all parties being punished."

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse, you do the crime, you do the time. No exceptions.

image.png

8 minutes ago, EPICfighters said:

You say he did not have the required information however, it is my understanding that he was told multiple times by Dezegames that using those commands to bypass the mute is a violation of rule 2 and can therefore be punished. He first contacted me to ask about it, i said to inform him of it first so he doesn't do it again; clearly this did nothing. Due to the amount of times he bypassed the mute whilst in jailed he has been punished for it. 

Deze just said that he was there the whole time and he was talking to you about it. Not even he was sure about the violation of the rule 2.

Spoiler

Jj7x6sK.png

11 minutes ago, EPICfighters said:

You was jailed due to PvP scamming; this involved you teleporting to the player and killing them, which you admitted to. This is a Rule 5 offense and you was informed of this during your time in jail. 

"No PvP Scamming / use of creative healing or OP creative enchants.  Arguments over breaking PvP conditions may result in one or all parties being punished."

About the first punishment he told us that he teleported to another player and after 10 minutes or so he killed another guy that was close to the first one. I have no idea if this is true but I believe that is a considerable amount of time to be consider a fair kill, not to mention that he did not tp to the victim directly. I would like to know what you think about that because I consider that a situation that is not described in the rules.

6 minutes ago, EPICfighters said:

Indeed, I will inform Henk/Brunyman about a sign for better understanding.

I am very glad about this, as it will no doubt help to give concrete information to players who might end up in jail in the future.

7 minutes ago, EPICfighters said:

When jailed, you cannot speak in chat, hence the "You don't have permission to chat in this region!" message that appears. Using commands would, obviously, be your only means of talking. Now, since you can't talk in chat when jailed, is it not common sense that using a command to bypass  this be a violation of the rules. You mentioned that these should be disabled, I an unsure of the reason as to why these are not restricted when muted/jailed.

I would hardly argue that the "You don't have permission [...]" message is good enough to inform the players that they should not speak in jail. Using commands such as /l /g should be treated as normal chat as it is simply specifying a channel. If that works, and the player is able to speak then they have a right to be confused about this (hence the sign). I believe this is just a case of forgetting to disable these commands in the region, however in doing so, players have a right to be confused as there are 2 conflicting sources of information, one, the aforementioned message and the other being able to speak. Since the server is a private entity and most things can be controlled, one would think that if messaging while in jail would be not allowed then the related commands (/l, /g, /msg, etc.) would not work.

13 minutes ago, EPICfighters said:

Unless he used a private message this would not be what actually happened, taken from my chat logs:

1. 2019-01-13 17:17:55 [CLIENT] [INFO] [CHAT] [L] <AOD> [P+][Mod] DezeGames: Flex you broke rule 2 like insane amount of times
  2. 2019-01-13 17:18:00 [CLIENT] [INFO] [CHAT] [G] <RBT> RobotMan2412: how much do you want for it
  3. 2019-01-13 17:18:01 [CLIENT] [INFO] [CHAT] [L] <AOD> [P+][Mod] DezeGames: So after talking to Epic
  4. 2019-01-13 17:18:01 [CLIENT] [INFO] [CHAT] [L] <AOD> Nick: void: whats rule 2?
  5. 2019-01-13 17:18:06 [CLIENT] [INFO] [CHAT] [L] <TIK> [P][Galactic][Judge] DaBe00593: Bypassing a punishemnt
  6. 2019-01-13 17:18:08 [CLIENT] [INFO] [CHAT] [L] <AOD> [P+][Mod] DezeGames: your going to get banned for Rule 2.

Therefore, to the best of my knowledge, Deze did not warn _Xflex_ about a rule 2 violation but simply stated that he will be banned.

I support this complaint and think this punishment went too far. At what point is it ok to kill someone after you've traded with them? Also, why are the players who allow people to teleport to them in an area they could be killed in being coddled? It's their fault they trusted someone enough to let them teleport.

This is another instance of a rule that can be interpreted in such a way that could result in an unjust ban. Why is it that you 3 staff members are always the center of legitimate complaints? One would think the owner would have enough common sense to straighten you out the first couple of times you abused your powers.

Archived