[Complaint] (Zethrindor)

Archmaestro

In-Game Nickname: Zethrindor

Time and date: 23/1/2019 approximately 22:00 UTC

Description of what happened: I was asked to change my nickname from _I_. The reason given to me was because it was sexual. I completely disagree, seeing as how this structure doesn't even vaguely resemble any sexual organs (that I'm aware of anyway - I don't keep up with alien sex organs) 

The ONLY reason I was given a verbal warning was because I had been involved in another argument started by a former staff member on discord. I believe this is part of a pattern of behavior related to his unfounded anger towards me, which may stem from something that's going in a different complaint topic. Given the fact that another person with a name that was actually offensive wasn't reprimanded or forced to change their name, it's safe to say that the rules were only being quoted out of spite, like many times before with other staff members. 

If I were a staff member who wants someone to change their name, I wouldn't make it public for everyone to see. I would send the person a private message and handle everything like that. That is yet another sign that this particular staff member was not using his power to inhibit rulebreaking, but to instead cause unnecessary grief. (It's not the fact that changing my name was a big deal - it's the fact that these people are doing everything in their power to get me in trouble)

Do I need to mention that I've had this nickname for a very long time, and in front of other staff members who saw no problem with it until the argument on discord started? It's always the same 2-3 staff members that start their crap. I've NEVER had this much trouble with staff members before and I've been here for years. Just look at how many complaints they get. 

Screenshots or Proof: See the chat log (I will post my own as soon as it's available)

List of eyewitnesses: EPICfighters

31 minutes ago, Archmaestro said:

The ONLY reason I was given a verbal warning was because I had been involved in another argument started by a former staff member on discord. I believe this is part of a pattern of behavior related to his unfounded anger towards me, which may stem from something that's going in a different complaint topic. Given the fact that another person with a name that was actually offensive wasn't reprimanded or forced to change their name, it's safe to say that the rules were only being quoted out of spite, like many times before with other staff members. 

I actually have no idea what you mean with this part, all I did was enter the server and see someone with an innapropriate name, so I have no idea why you're saying there's unfounded anger towards you since I don't have any reasons for that and I barely speak to you making it harder for me to have any kind of reason to be angry towards you.

During this time I only saw you with an innapropriate name so I have no actuall clue as to who you're refering to that might've had an offensive name, so if you'd like to share that persons name along with a screenshot of it I would be more than happy to tell him to change his name.

If I were a staff member who wants someone to change their name, I wouldn't make it public for everyone to see. I would send the person a private message and handle everything like that. That is yet another sign that this particular staff member was not using his power to inhibit rulebreaking, but to instead cause unnecessary grief. (It's not the fact that changing my name was a big deal - it's the fact that these people are doing everything in their power to get me in trouble)

Regardless of who the player is and what they are doing I tend to always handle minor situations in global chat, saying that I only did it because it was you is a bit weird since I have nothing against you.

Do I need to mention that I've had this nickname for a very long time, and in front of other staff members who saw no problem with it until the argument on discord started? It's always the same 2-3 staff members that start their crap. I've NEVER had this much trouble with staff members before and I've been here for years.

Never saw your nickname till today, probably due to the both of us logging in at diferent times, otherwise I would've told you to change it earlier. 

Just look at how many complaints they get. 

This is the first time I got a complaint against me so I'd apreciate it if you didn't drag other issues you might be having into this, all I did was ask you to change your name due to it being innapropriate.

Again, you were the only person who perceived it to be inappropriate until you said something about it in chat. Had you not handled your concerns publicly, you might have found that nobody else thought it looked inappropriate.

Also, as I'm sure you're aware, the staff have the ability to talk to each other outside of the view of others. The fact that you had not had any complaints lodged against you would work in your favor and make it less likely for this situation to be taken seriously. 

6 minutes ago, Archmaestro said:

Again, you were the only person who perceived it to be inappropriate until you said something about it in chat. Had you not handled your concerns publicly, you might have found that nobody else thought it looked inappropriate.

That explains why a few other players also told you why it was innapropriate while I spoke to you about it right? Just because they don't call you out on it doesn't mean they don't think it's innapropriate making it the staff's job to tell you to change it.

I don't think you get it...

They did not think it was inappropriate until you said it was. Of course they would jump on the bandwagon.

Meanwhile, someone with a name that literally breaks server rules is still unmolested by your poor staff practices. Like you said, it's not my job to do your job. 

4 minutes ago, Archmaestro said:

Then your point is moot.

The name is not inappropriate.

So just because you don't find your own nickname inappropriate and nobody seems interested in saying their thoughts about the name it makes it ok to have inappropriate names now? Kinda ridiculous considering other players were more than happy to explain to you what your own nickname represented and since it was indeed something inappropriate all I did was what I'm supposed to as a member of staff and asked you to change it.

14 minutes ago, Archmaestro said:

Meanwhile, someone with a name that literally breaks server rules is still unmolested by your poor staff practices. Like you said, it's not my job to do your job. 

Already answered this on my 1st response.... but I'll quote myself just in case you missed it.

42 minutes ago, Zethrindor said:

During this time I only saw you with an innapropriate name so I have no actuall clue as to who you're refering to that might've had an offensive name, so if you'd like to share that persons name along with a screenshot of it I would be more than happy to tell him to change his name.

I maintain that the name is not offensive. Just because there are some people (including you) who are going to interpret it as such, no matter what it is, doesn't mean it's an offensive symbol. I originally used the single underscore as a nickname. For whatever reason (no reason) a different staff member said they just didn't like it, despite nobody in the entire server seeing any problems with it at all. I change it out of respect for them as a person (because they said it bothered them) and I changed it when they were online. Now, when I've found a permanent solution (no single character names) I get staff that wants to moan about it. FFS, it was almost completely invisible. Only people who wanted to trade with me and those who knew how to use /realname would bother to message me or otherwise address me. I could have used 3 underscores. What are you going to try and interpret THAT as, I wonder?

Seriously. You consider offensive imagery "minor" ? Let me get this straight. You perceive something as offensive, and refer to it as "minor" ? To me, being accused of having an offensive name isn't something that's minor. I never expected you to take this seriously; it's quite clear that you're not. Those characters are no more offensive than a carat or a V or the "o.0" face. It's a classical case of critical over-thinking. 

You're so focused on any minor thing I might do that's wrong. Do you think it might be related to how another staff member, newly promoted, goes snooping around people's bases and uncovers something they don't understand and the first thing they decide to do is remove it? Nobody's getting hurt. The server isn't crashing because of it. It just looks like something that's impossible to do. Instead of getting on and asking me about it, they decide to jump to the most destructive "solution." What went wrong here? 

Did someone complain about the name to you? I have a feeling it might be that same someone whose signature move is deleting stuff and then claiming ignorance to excuse their poor actions. 

4 hours ago, Zethrindor said:

I actually have no idea what you mean with this part, all I did was enter the server and see someone with an innapropriate name, so I have no idea why you're saying there's unfounded anger towards you since I don't have any reasons for that and I barely speak to you making it harder for me to have any kind of reason to be angry towards you.

Aparently you don't read what other people write but that's fine that's what the quote tool is for, now read this quote again and you'll notice that nobody else is involved, I simply saw your nickname and called you out on it by asking you to change it, that's it, nothing else.

A few people is more than eneugh to get you to change your nickname since they still considered it as inappropriate,

Now do me a favor and focus, there's nobody else involved in this, all I did was ask you to change your nickname, this was just me entering the server and looking at someone with a nickname they shouldn't be using as it was inappropriate, I honestly don't know why you insist on dragging other staff members into this as if there's a conspiracy out there to get you.

All that happened, and I can't  stress this enough, ALL that happened was that I looked at your name and saw that it wasn't appropriate so I asked you to change it PERIOD.

Now unless you have anything substantial to add to this complaint that doesn't involve making a conspiracy theory surrounding you, I'd advise you to just stop and wait for a verdict.

I KNOW that you people get together in your staff chat rooms and talk crap about players. I know you do it in private messages on discord too. The fact that you had completely ignored the glaringly obvious rule-breaking name while you were online is evidence that you weren't concerned with the name as much as who had it. I shouldn't have to point these obvious names out to you, and I'm not about to drag another person into your power trip. 

You keep ignoring the fact that you've been influenced in a negative way by one (or more) of the other staff members. I wouldn't have even made this post had you not used global chat to "call me out." I feel that in and of itself should be more than enough evidence that your intent (big keyword here) was to use your staff powers to punish me if I would have not changed my name, which you know is a massive stretch of the facts in your favor. 

Now unless you have anything substantial to add to this complaint that doesn't involve completely dismissing the facts, I'd advise you to just stop and wait for a verdict.

8 hours ago, Archmaestro said:

I KNOW that you people get together in your staff chat rooms and talk crap about players. I know you do it in private messages on discord too. The fact that you had completely ignored the glaringly obvious rule-breaking name while you were online is evidence that you weren't concerned with the name as much as who had it. I shouldn't have to point these obvious names out to you, and I'm not about to drag another person into your power trip.

8 hours ago, Zethrindor said:

Aparently you don't read what other people write but that's fine that's what the quote tool is for, now read this quote again and you'll notice that nobody else is involved, I simply saw your nickname and called you out on it by asking you to change it, that's it, nothing else.

A few people is more than eneugh to get you to change your nickname since they still considered it as inappropriate,

You keep ignoring the fact that you've been influenced in a negative way by one (or more) of the other staff members. I wouldn't have even made this post had you not used global chat to "call me out." I feel that in and of itself should be more than enough evidence that your intent (big keyword here) was to use your staff powers to punish me if I would have not changed my name, which you know is a massive stretch of the facts in your favor. 

13 hours ago, Zethrindor said:

Regardless of who the player is and what they are doing I tend to always handle minor situations in global chat, saying that I only did it because it was you is a bit weird since I have nothing against you.

You keep repeating yourself so I'll just quote myself since I've already given you an answer.

and I'm not about to drag another person into your power trip. 

Enforcing the server rules is now a "power trip" got it thanks.

Now unless you have anything substantial to add to this complaint that doesn't involve completely dismissing the facts

I haven't seen any facts coming from you in this post, all that you've done was make a complaint because I asked you to change your name and tried to drag other staff into this without even mentioning their names as if it would make a difference. The fact that you think we are all out to get you is hilarious in itself, you're not as important as you think you are, we got better things to do than to spend our time making discussions about you.

Since you're not providing any new substancial info on the complaint itself this will be my last response, you're clearly just pushing for an argument and simply dragging this on.

5 hours ago, Zethrindor said:

you're clearly just pushing for an argument and simply dragging this on

That's quite a conspiracy theory you have going on right there. It's be a shame if something called circumstantial evidence proved that you were just being petty...

5 hours ago, Zethrindor said:

The fact that you think we are all out to get you is hilarious in itself

Look, dude, it's painfully obvious with the way you people act toward everything that I do that you're trying to cause trouble. It started with one staff member trolling me by griefing my claim. Now, it's you bozos going after my nicknames. What's next? What little, insignificant thing are you going to blow out of proportion?

I'm doing my best to nip your bad behavior in the bud before you do what EPICfighters did. You know what you were saying about my nickname is a huge stretch, just like how "unnatural bedrock" was a huge stretch. You make it just barely plausible and skate by.

Yes, going after someone for something stupid and barely logical is a power Trip. It's similar to how a cop goes around a person's vehicle and goes out of their way to write tickets for stuff like a tire being inflated to 31 psi instead of 32. 

I shouldn't have to spell this out, but thanks for giving me the opportunity.

So you had the nickname "_I_" and you did not on purpose set that for sexual context? You did not intend for this to look like male genitalia? Sure, we'll go with that. So you were asked to change it, and you did. Still assuming "_I_" wasn't sexual context here. You then proceed to change it to "00" which can be interpreted as female breasts. If they aren't suppose to be sexual in any way, why do they both happen to appear this way? Coincidence? Or did you just pick random letters and numbers that you felt appropriate somehow? Or maybe it was because no one has ever referred to you as "I" and you are lying when you say the "_"s are used for exaggerated effect. You clearly made a sexual innuendo. 

To rebuttal on your argument earlier that no one noticed until staff had made it aware in chat, people most likely did not notice because your nickname was in black, a hard to see color format. Once made aware and others actually saw what it was, the figure you wanted was clear.

Archmaestro, you clearly are trying to cry for attention. If that is your goal, you are doing it incorrectly. Making friends and providing a healthy environment for everyone on the server should be your goal, and the attention will come to you naturally. I assure you generating arguments and targeting staff is not the way to acquire the attention you are seeking on the server.

You are not a victim here. You were a problem. Do not go through your life like this or people will not want to be around you.

I hope you can understand other perspectives, other than your own. - Spring

3 minutes ago, Spring_Water said:

So you had the nickname "_I_" and you did not on purpose set that for sexual context?

I set that nickname because I thought it looked cool. I don't know of anyone with flat testicles. 

5 minutes ago, Spring_Water said:

You then proceed to change it to "00" which can be interpreted as female breasts.

How in the fuck can 2 zeroes be used to represent female breasts? That's a massive stretch. 

6 minutes ago, Spring_Water said:

Or maybe it was because no one has ever referred to you as "I" and you are lying when you say the "_"s are used for exaggerated effect. You clearly made a sexual innuendo. 

Nice conspiracy. I use that nickname because I hate when people send me private messages asking for free shit.

7 minutes ago, Spring_Water said:

To rebuttal on your argument earlier that no one noticed until staff had made it aware in chat, people most likely did not notice because your nickname was in black, a hard to see color format. Once made aware and others actually saw what it was, the figure you wanted was clear.

The "figure" you're speaking of doesn't even vaguely resemble male genitals (unless of course you have 2 lines for testicles - I don't need proof, your dumb argument is enough to demonstrate your flat testicular affect)

9 minutes ago, Spring_Water said:

Archmaestro, you clearly are trying to cry for attention.

Yes, I want to bring this stupid situation to light before it turns into another griefing staff member.

• Henk locked this topic

Archived