Chunk loaders indiscriminately removed (repeatly)

AtomicGrog

Context: Over the last week and a half i've placed chunk loaders around my base and seen them disappear.

I'm familiar with the occurrence from my SF3 days but it seems different on this server. With SF3 it would occur when a chunk was causing problems, whereas with SB2 it seems completely random and not related to workload (see below).

It's a little irksome because I paid to upgrade my chunk loader limit from 4 to 10.

I don't expect any kind of immunity from this purchase but i would like some reasoning as to why the server operates as it does.

Case 1:

I couldn't understand why my farmers were throwing essence out. They are connected to ender chests which in turn had a set of compressors converted dragon essence to dragon eggs. Upon going to the compressor location I see that the chests were full (they would be because they were linked) but the machinery had only just started up as the chunk loaded. It cleared the backlog within 10 seconds and at that point I spotted the chunk loader i had placed was gone. I replaced it, tested the outcome and all was good. I thought it was related to my setup in this case.. hard to imagine ... but things go awry.

Case 2:

Basically a repeat of #1 but I had moved my compressors etc. next to the plants but at an adjacent chunk, and on top of my power source. The plants had their chunk loader, but the compressors hadnt. The farmers were basically operating on residual power.

Case 3:

Yesterday/Today... Because of the above outcomes I had setup a remote location with a few bonsai trees to test the situation, the remote location was a compact machine. I checked prior to loading a chunk loader, when i was away the setup didn't do anything, then i returned the wood production resume. I placed a loader and repeated the process and all was fine. I also returned 1/2 hour later and all was good. Today however all of my loaders bar one were gone. Including the one running 7 bonsai trees. Surely 7 bonsai trees doesn't represent a lag scenario? 

Thoughts...

A. Server removes chunk loaders, presumably under heavy load but not based on actual chunk load, or alternatively someone is doing it via a command when problems occur.

B. Having partial removal of chunk loaders can be problematic, as per my plant experience things can overflow and actually be counter productive in terms of reducing lag.

C. Am of the thought that its fine that server can take actions such as this but if it's indiscriminate it somewhat undermines the buycraft option to pay to run more. If they deserve to be removed fine, but if someone else is causing the issue it's a bit rude.

Am not looking for a refund, would prefer to run them for distance reasons but ultimately would like some clarity.

Hi Grog,

you're not the only one experiencing issues; even the chunkloader at spawn likes to disappear (the one that keeps the beloved ender tanks full).

None of our plugins are removing them, it appears the issue is due to the chunk loading ward itself being a bit buggy (same happens with IC2 chunkloader on revelation, my other server)

I'm working around my cows atm so i'm constantly loading 1 spot with a chunkloader, but another one further away that's located with my power constantly vanished. I've made 2 refund posts already (and the ward near my power vanished again after the last refund i got).

From what i've noticed it only started happening 2 days ago at the max..

Exief, wasn't blaming anyone directly, just wanted to raise it as an issue in the most formal way I could. It seems particularly aggressive on this server at moment, fortunately i have access to a villager spawner so replacing em isnt an issue. To be honest the economy is pack is so broken with EMC that nothing material is a cost issue anymore. That's altogether another problem... i'd like to see the balanced clay emc nerfed somewhat i.e. a 0 dropped off the end.

2 hours ago, AtomicGrog said:

Exief, wasn't blaming anyone directly, just wanted to raise it as an issue in the most formal way I could. It seems particularly aggressive on this server at moment, fortunately i have access to a villager spawner so replacing em isnt an issue. To be honest the economy is pack is so broken with EMC that nothing material is a cost issue anymore. That's altogether another problem... i'd like to see the balanced clay emc nerfed somewhat i.e. a 0 dropped off the end.

of course, i know you weren't blaming anyone; I was extending your post with more information and ensuring you know we are looking into it :) 

Archived