Question about claiming land

Duc_Lucius

IS it frowned on or covered by rule 20 claim chains of land to form an outer wall and setting outsiders out to control more land? An simple example of this would be you claim land by plots of 3x3 effectivly  controlling 9 plots but only claiming 8 if you scaled this up to 4x4 you claim 12 plots and control 16. A town near me is approx 19x45 squared the player claiming 128 plots but controlling over 800. Wouldn't this be bypassing a need to donate or by more plots ? Basicly cheating the server owners out of money. Or is this an accepted town claiming practice ?

Looks like you are butthurt to me honest. This seems perfectly legit and I use this very practice to have more dominion on my land. The player cannot build on the land that they have not claimed and even if they wall themselves in there is no safety in the land. 

@Duc_Lucius No, It is not, because the land inside the wall is not protected making it still not there property. Also there are many ways to obtain claim blocks without buying. I think this is slightly far fetched, it is not cheating anyone out of any money. 

My option: 

your a frequent player, however ur specific plans have been halted by another player. 

However to fully understand the situation I must ask.

What is the name of the town in question?

Duc_Lucius,

I don’t see it as an issue as the center of your “claim box” is still griefable by outsiders and other players. We do not allow a long claim wall blocking outsiders or boxing in others’ claims.

Another note, a player in this thread asked what is the name of your town - I would be cautious in giving this out as they may locate your town, and attempt to exploit a way inside of your base and grief everything.