Game breaking prices

Swimsam1

I have noticed recently that a few of my fellow advanced players are being very frivolous on the market, trying to undercut each others prices by selling expensive material for ground breaking prices. for example

64 blocks of any ore will go from 1-33$ cheapest on the market.

I talked to a new player yesterday who had obtained 12k endirum for less than $800 by using the market! I also have seen multiple people quit due to them reaching the endgame in a so short of time, and the fact that no one can sell anything with the same people literally owning the market. If your relevant in history of the US, I would compare this to J.P. Morgan, Rockafeller, and Andrew Carnagie, the men who controlled all industry in the early 20th century.

I talked to some of the people selling and I got very kind responses from some. But all of them say they wont stop because the others will undercut them, and other saud they just enjoy breaking the game(I wont say any names, but im sure these people know who they are.

I have seen multiple people leave the server because if it being so easy to obtain such rare items strait away, which takes all the fun out of the game we love so much.

I understand that there is a desire to /baltop, but it does not take a blind man to see how the obviously breaks the server integrity.

My suggestion is  there should be a limit on how low you can sell the certain items for, due to the fact that just by registering and getting your free 100$ you can buy loads and loads of ore. and already be at end game state.

Sorry for any spelling errors I was very rushed.

This is not a monopoly this is market pricing. This is market equilibrium. The problem is that these goods are not worth that much to begin with, hence they can be sold at these prices. This is server breaking and telling people they can't use the market is just bullshittery. This is just the problem with having a market like this, and your solution is bound to fail. People don't need the market to trade. 

This coming from a guy who (for multiple weeks at a time) traded player kills for stacks of whatever item they wanted in hopes to boost his own clans kill to death ratio. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're talking about a monetary gain for a certain product? Yeah, you got 0 money and gave whatever they wanted (by the stacks, no less) for kills and not money...

@Swimsam1 what will the floor be? players just can trade outside the floor. U impose a floor so high that no one can buy (making demand 0) there is stilll an infinite supply but the price will be 0. If the demand is not 0, then people will just sell at the floor. Limit how much people can sell? then you once again people will just trade outside or sell at the lowest price there is (free) your idea will fail. 

• 2 weeks later...

The server's market player is, just as the name implies, player based. We can't be forcing a minimum or maximum price for stuff, it's up for players if they want to ruin their full gameplay experience by "cheating" their way into ore-mining and just buying all the hard stuff.

T/C

Archived