Discord Rules

Hi, after a recent event/conversation with @RandomNukes he suggested to make a post about the discord rules, so here I am!

Currently as it stands the rules in Discord to my current knowledge haven't been revised or changed at all, and I'm making this post.

unknown.png

As you can see they're the generic basic community rules, but certain ones are kind of old and need a bit of revision. Rules 6 and 7 are the main ones that I personally think need revising, as it currently stands network is predominantly, a Spanish community. and well majority of it's staff are Spanish to. I believe allowing them speak their more fluent language will allow them to get their issue and worries across to the staff alot more easier and removes the requirement of them translating from Spanish to English and sometimes causing the whole sentence/message to lose meaning.

Now Rule 6, the ASCII Art, copy pasta part is perfectly fine and understandable, but banning ":v" is confusing and doesn't make sense to me, from my conversation with RandomNukes, it was apprently due to the emote being spammed, I wasn't around for that and don't know how bad it was, but I'm guessing it was a fair while ago. I believe this part of rule 6 should be removed and people to be able to use it freely without punishment.

------EDITED LINE-------

Upon realisation rule 7, allows everything to be simply kept and easier to navigate/read for staff and other players. hence why it's striked out.

Now to a very controversial topic, random-talk and lobby. from personal experience and staffing it seems 90% of all the chat is directed towards random-talk instead of lobby (Which In my honest opinion should be renamed to general and random-talk removed), from moderating large and I mean Large discords, telling members to move their conversation to another channel kills the entire conversation between them and they just stop talking. For example you'd be told to go to random-talk when talking in #lobby if that's the case, what's the point of lobby? Yes, it does say a place where we get to together, but if you're going to be told to go to random-talk what's it's purpose, topic of the channel? Everyone know's how the server channels work and the topic of them but lobby really serves no purpose. Basically I'm suggesting is; random-talk to be renamed to general (or lobby > general) and allow it as an all purpose channel instead of redirecting majority of the chat to random-talk.

Just my 2 cents :P 

RamRam