[REQUEST] Requesting repmission to use Console Client

Timur

Your Name: Timur
Description of Request: I am requesting permission to use Console Client for chunkloading my base while i'm Online.
Restrictions: 
1) I promise not to use it for mining, messaging, advertisement, spam or any other activity except chunkloading.
2) I promice NOT to leave it active while i'm Offline.

Reason for request: Current chunkloaders or Anchors randomly corrupt cables, making AE2 system, fluxducts and cables unusable. Console client is mostly similar to Secondary Game Client with only difference, it doesn't load as much RAM as Game Client.

1 hour ago, brunyman said:

I don't know what a Console Client is?

Minecraft Console Client  - Консольный клиент майнкрафт
Console Client is small program that can connect any server (no need to download and install mods) and perform simple tasks like:
1) Receiving and sending messages
2) ... basically that's it...

It just stands, doing nothing. Can be used as chunkloader. Doesn't need food, but can be killed. Can send messages or command by timer for anti-AFKkick, or as some sort of anouncement.

As I remember admins allowed to use Console clients of richer server presence, and instant server join for support.

https://ru-minecraft.ru/fayly-dlya-minecraft/49630-minecraft-console-client-konsolnyy-klient-maynkraft.html

No; This breaks server rules

[17] No Console Clients:

• 1st offense = 2 days ban.
  • 2nd offense = 4 days ban.
  • 3rd offense = 7 days ban.

Not the same as a “hacked client” by any standard, and offer both online and offline gameplay, however also can be used with scripts to relog, anti-afk, chunk load, move, etc.

If we allowed you, we'd have to allow everyone else. 

Thats exact reason why I ask a permission to use it. Console client does NO harm to server, and banning it seems unfair. It's like banning Chunkloader altogether, for some reason. And punish people for using any form of chunkloading.

I'm asking for revision of the Rule.

P.S. Harmfull behavior of Console Client is possible, of course. But same goes for harmfull behavior of Hacked Clients, but there is not Rule forbidding using Game Clients? And Hacked clients can be spotted and punished. Same can be done to harmfull console clients, and their owners (IP adress alias check can show it easily)

• Manager

It is in the rules for a reason, it's against them, so no, period.

Everyone else (including me) is able to use the anchors with no issues, so you can use them too.

2 hours ago, Timur said:

Harmfull behavior of Console Client is possible, of course. But same goes for harmfull behavior of Hacked Clients, but there is not Rule forbidding using Game Clients?

What you are saying here makes no sense, hacked clients give you unfair advantage for obvious reasons, and console clients give you unfair advantage by allowing you to run scripts and use bots, capabilites that normal, unmodified game client doesn't have, game client modified to allow for such activities is considered hacked. So i don't know what you are going for here, neither do i want to know.

So again, it's against the server rules and there is nothing else to talk about here, T/C

Archived