Launcher Help

Good evening. I am interested on playing on the Dungeons, Dragons, and Space Shuttles server, but whenever I try to launch the pack, I get this error (and I apologize if I didn't do this correctly; I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do...):

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\That-\AppData\Roaming\java" (in directory "C:\Users\That-\OneDrive\Documents\CraftersLand Launcher\instances\DungeonsDragonsSpaceShuttles\minecraft"): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.launch.Runner.call(Runner.java:155)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.launch.Runner.call(Runner.java:43)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
    ... 7 more

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Okay . there seems to be a folder permissions issue.  I would open up the folder "C:\Users\That-\OneDrive\Documents\CraftersLand Launcher" and right click on the "instances" folder and go to properties and check the folder security.  make sure its not Write Protected, and if its not, what i do because windows folder security aggravates me is, add a new "group or user" called "everyone" and then give it full access. that will be just for that folder "instances" and any folder inside it.  that gives java the ability to access it in the easiest way lol :)  but i urge you go read something like this to learn more about it. 

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/set-file-folder-permissions-windows/

let me know if that works.  sorry couldnt remove the stupid spoiler lol 

@Nikkinz Thank you for that; I'm making progress with what OTwitch suggested. If I don't get anywhere with that, I will try it out.

@OTwitch Ok, I got past the "Access is denied" part, but if it's not one thing...

This is what appeared in the launcher log when I tried to launch DDSS:

The game is running. Please wait.
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx4096M
The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Process ended with code: 1

Sorry for the late reply, crazy work schedule. I have 16GB of RAM. I have Java 8 64 bit. I just don't know how I'm supposed to allocate more memory to the "heap size?" Under "Options," the maximum memory set is 4096MB. Does this count for the "heap size?" Or am I just dumb and missing something really simple? Because that's happened before...:(

@OTwitch I set everything exactly like you said, and it's still giving me the "invalid maximum heap size" error.

Minimum memory: 3,000MB

Maximum memory: 9,000MB

PermGen: 256MB

I even tried setting max memory to 12,000mb just to see if that would make any kind of difference; no luck. Still get the same error.

Additionally, I appreciate both you and Nikkinz taking the time to help me. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...