Nomi Factory Server time for WIPE and update? Vote and decide here!

brunyman

NOMI Vote  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Time for a server WIPE, modpack update and new dedicated server?

• YES! WIPE the server and update.
    • NO! There is no need for a WIPE, server is fine.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

Nomifactory%20med.png

Hi guys,

Last server WIPE was on 3rd September, a year ago. Time for a fresh start? As of all WIPE's all data will get a reset except for ranks, new map seeds will be generated and we will provide a download link of the old map. A WIPE will also reduce lag.

Also if we WIPE we will update to latest Nomi mod pack version 1.6.1a and move Nomi to a new dedicated server for improved performance.

Check the live server map HERE!

Please vote in the pool above and let us know what you think.

• Manager

The comment was removed due to gaslighting and harassment, but it's important to address the concerns raised about our server.

Chunk Loading Issue: We've conducted in-game tests to replicate the chunk loading error but were unable to do so, as discussed in the approved topic.

Nomifactory Guide Post: Regarding the guide post for Nomifactory, it was not hidden by a staff warning. It appears that spam prevention mechanisms likely flagged it automatically. I have re-enabled that post.

Rollbacks and Broken Spawns: I understand the frustration regarding rollbacks and broken spawns. Brunyman has made multiple attempts to resolve the rollback issue. Unfortunately, due to hardware anomalies or other unforeseen factors, the rollback feature is currently unstable on that server. We believe that migrating to a new server could resolve this issue.

Staff Access and System Upgrades: In addition to resolving technical issues, moving to a new server will enable a more effective system that allows staff members to gain access. I understand that the current situation is frustrating for both players and staff—especially for admins like myself, who receive requests to fix issues but are unable to do so. This has also been a reason for some staff members to discontinue their roles on that server. We're actively working on improvements, even if progress is slow, and are gradually migrating all servers to the new system.

Staff Commitment: It's important to remember that the staff team consists of volunteers who manage and maintain the server in their free time. They don't owe anyone an explanation for not being able to fix issues in a timely manner. While it's natural to want to enjoy a seamless gaming experience, we should respect the lives and responsibilities of our staff. They have their own families and obligations, and immediate issue resolution may not always be feasible.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:57 PM, HappyN0x said:

The comment was removed due to gaslighting and harassment, but it's important to address the concerns raised about our server.

Chunk Loading Issue: We've conducted in-game tests to replicate the chunk loading error but were unable to do so, as discussed in the approved topic.

Nomifactory Guide Post: Regarding the guide post for Nomifactory, it was not hidden by a staff warning. It appears that spam prevention mechanisms likely flagged it automatically. I have re-enabled that post.

Rollbacks and Broken Spawns: I understand the frustration regarding rollbacks and broken spawns. Brunyman has made multiple attempts to resolve the rollback issue. Unfortunately, due to hardware anomalies or other unforeseen factors, the rollback feature is currently unstable on that server. We believe that migrating to a new server could resolve this issue.

Staff Access and System Upgrades: In addition to resolving technical issues, moving to a new server will enable a more effective system that allows staff members to gain access. I understand that the current situation is frustrating for both players and staff—especially for admins like myself, who receive requests to fix issues but are unable to do so. This has also been a reason for some staff members to discontinue their roles on that server. We're actively working on improvements, even if progress is slow, and are gradually migrating all servers to the new system.

Staff Commitment: It's important to remember that the staff team consists of volunteers who manage and maintain the server in their free time. They don't owe anyone an explanation for not being able to fix issues in a timely manner. While it's natural to want to enjoy a seamless gaming experience, we should respect the lives and responsibilities of our staff. They have their own families and obligations, and immediate issue resolution may not always be feasible.

About the Guide post, I appreciated you have undelete it. However, I never post on General box but directly to guide box because I believed that new players will looking for that section. The build is put on the same version, same mod with server at that time (the other two one was hardcore mods and one come from the ancient era when you can make sulfuric acid with water, oxygen and sulfur on chemical reactor) also it was very enjoyable and if they want more, they can find on that channel the clip that turned Nomifactory to legend: A 100 Nomifactory server with even the creator of Gregtech participated in (If anyone look to the orbital laser on JEI, the description of it is "Glory to the PGS" referenced to the end of this server, PGS team craft a bunch of this thing to grief entire server). The post cannot be automatically moved by bots from one section to another because I have checked and confirmed that it was on Guide section before I go to sleep. But 12h later I come and saw it was moved to Discussion. 

About the rollback of spawn, I believed there is one template for spawn since in everytime, every server the spawn is the same after wipe. The one that I mentioned on my post is that many items inside the spawn which were griefted before cannot be purchased because the sign just the sign, not the command. 

Staff Access and System Upgrades: This is the real issue only for this server, the server is running without specified Admin to it, 2 mods cannot performed the rollback if players have trouble. So I said at the end that the server require at least S-mod or admin who can do the rollback. First week after wipe maybe the busiest week of this time since the modpack also upgraded to 1.6 which mean multiple problems will be survaced.

Staff Commitment: About "They don't owe anyone an explanation for not being able to fix issues in a timely manner.", I'm affraid that you are not understand the situation on that day. When I posted a request to rollback spawn on Discord to make the progress faster, one Admin ping another, then the another said that he is on the vacation, then the admin that he will also and comments as they are laughing at me. This offence is the one cause me to drop a bomb on the previous post. And on the next incident very soon after the spawn rollbacked that I want a rollback, I also posted on Discord with the hope it will be noticed but he immediately ping me and said he is no longer with Nomifactory. Coincident? I don't think so. Also I understand that the situation may require time but at least a comment to tell the author that their problem is noticed is super rare?

p/s: 

On 9/6/2023 at 7:57 PM, HappyN0x said:

WHERE? My topic is a free-farming post for MONTHS. If you have conducted why do you not mentioned me about it?

• 3 weeks later...

The Awaited Hour: A Gentle Nudge Towards Our Nomifactory Server Wipe

Dear Esteemed Nomifactory Community,

As the leaves change their hues, embracing the essence of change, we too, patiently await a pivotal change within our cherished digital haven - the long-awaited server wipe for our Minecraft Modpack, Nomifactory. This event, promised by @brunyman, holds the key to newer horizons, a fresh canvas awaiting the imprint of our boundless creativity.

The journey till now has been nothing short of exhilarating. Our virtual camaraderie has flourished amidst the blocky landscapes, each day unraveling new tales of adventure and camaraderie. Our collective heart beats with the rhythm of creativity, echoing through the vast expanses of Nomifactory.

However, as days turned into nights and nights into days, the promised wipe seems to be an echo growing fainter with time. The anticipation that once buzzed vibrantly within our chat threads, now hums a mellower tune of patience. Over a month has danced by, and the canvas of hope patiently awaits the stroke of renewal from @brunyman.

We understand the enormity of tasks that lie before @brunyman, yet our hearts can't help but yearn for the fresh start that would reignite the flames of excitement, exploration, and creativity within the Nomifactory realm.

Through this friendly missive, we wish to extend a gentle reminder about the server wipe that stands as a beacon of fresh beginnings. We believe in the magic that the wipe holds, promising unexplored territories, unrevealed mysteries, and unbounded camaraderie.

As we carry the torch of hope, illuminating the path of patience, we look forward to the day the server wipe will be actualized, launching us into a new era of blocky endeavors. Until then, we shall cherish each existing block, each existing storyline, and the indestructible bond that binds us as a community.

We warmly invite @brunyman to join our anticipation and to bring to fruition the promise of a clean slate, upon which new legacies will be built, new friendships will be forged, and the spirit of Nomifactory will soar to newer heights.

Your understanding and prompt action would mean the world to this humble yet passionate community.

Warmest Regards,

Nomifactory Community

Bump for the topic, and I think we need to bump this topic sooner than threshold 2 days. I'm having feelings that Brunyman forgot the wipe, he posted multiple topic about Stoneblocks 3 and MC Snapshots but no update on wiping process

UPDATE: I has seen MC Snapshot topic but no reply for the server's situation