Windows 10, Directx 12 And Amd Catalyst Update

Mrbatman

As a previous WinXP fan, then Win7... I think the windows 10 is kinda hard to go with and get used to it:D A lot of the things are still in development and not a lot of the softwares that work on Win7 work well on Win10 too... I think I'm gonna wait for a while until I get the 10 installed on my comp:D

Have you permanently switched to Win10? Is Cortana build in with your copy of windows 10?

Yeah i don't plan on going to windows 8.1 i had it before plus it's free for those who bought 8.1

Yes click on the new start and then go to search type something and then towards the left choose the second icon and then you can enable it or disbale it if your language is supported

There is still a bit of performance improvement but not as much as i thought i may be guilty of over hyping it

Yeah i don't plan on going to windows 8.1 i had it before plus it's free for those who bought 8.1

Yes click on the new start and then go to search type something and then towards the left choose the second icon and then you can enable it or disbale it if your language is supported

There is still a bit of performance improvement but not as much as i thought i may be guilty of over hyping it

So I won't have any compatibility issues with some of the programs I have installed on my computer like Feed The Beast and Techniclauncher? I haven't heard alot about the Windows 10 backwards compatibility that's why I am asking.

So I won't have any compatibility issues with some of the programs I have installed on my computer like Feed The Beast and Techniclauncher? I haven't heard alot about the Windows 10 backwards compatibility that's why I am asking.

So far all my launchers work fine you should not have any troubles.

I just installed Windows 10. And my first impression; it's not the best. Cortana is a bit buggy. I can't change the search engine from Bing to any other search engine. The context is messed up. The start menu search is slow. etc...

But I am sure microsoft will straighten these bugs.

It will take some time before every game starts to use DX12. For example the hyperthreading technology of intel's I7 series has been around for a while yet very few games use this technology. ( i.g. Crysis and Battlefield 4 I think )

I had an i3 with hyper threading, it works right out of the box as far as i am aware, That's the most significant reason why Intel has better core to core performance then AMD is because of it since it makes a single core act like it has another virtual core makes an i3 perform similar but not in reality a 4 core CPU from AMD and perform better because most games are optimized for 4 cores (Which will change with Dx12 where it will be so all 8 cores from lets say fx 8350 ect will be used) and then we have the 8 core I7 with hyper threading which will in theory give it 8 physical cores and 8 virtual cores very powerful. Then we have Turbo boost and then we've architecture type ect.

Other then the stock performance we get now -- it will help developers massively because of the access they get, though i think it won't be as big as a difference as i thought.

For those confused:

i3 = Hyper threading only

i5 = turbo boost only

i7 = Hyper threading and turbo boost

Archived