Thanks For Stealing My Map!

Mr_Bloxley

You cant DMCA this.

https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

Read this:

OWNERSHIP OF OUR GAME AND OTHER THINGS

Although we give you permission to play our Game, we are still the owners of it. We are also the owners of our brands and any content contained in the Game. Therefore, when you pay for our Game, you are buying a permission to play / use our Game in accordance with this EULA - you are not buying the Game itself. The only permissions you have in connection with the Game are the permissions set out in this EULA.

Any tools you write for the Game from scratch belong to you. . Modifications to the Game ("Mods") (including pre-run Mods and in-memory Mods) and plugins for the Game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don‘t sell them for money / try to make money from them. We have the final say on what constitutes a tool/mod/plugin and what doesn‘t.

Below we also give you limited rights to do other things but we have to draw a line somewhere or else people will go too far. If you wish to make something pertaining to anything we‘ve made we‘re humbled, but please make sure that it can‘t be interpreted as being official and that it complies with this EULA and the brand and asset usage guidelines and above all do not make commercial use of anything we‘ve made.

That means you cant register a map.

You cant DMCA this.

https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

Read this:

OWNERSHIP OF OUR GAME AND OTHER THINGS

Although we give you permission to play our Game, we are still the owners of it. We are also the owners of our brands and any content contained in the Game. Therefore, when you pay for our Game, you are buying a permission to play / use our Game in accordance with this EULA - you are not buying the Game itself. The only permissions you have in connection with the Game are the permissions set out in this EULA.

Any tools you write for the Game from scratch belong to you. . Modifications to the Game ("Mods") (including pre-run Mods and in-memory Mods) and plugins for the Game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don‘t sell them for money / try to make money from them. We have the final say on what constitutes a tool/mod/plugin and what doesn‘t.

Below we also give you limited rights to do other things but we have to draw a line somewhere or else people will go too far. If you wish to make something pertaining to anything we‘ve made we‘re humbled, but please make sure that it can‘t be interpreted as being official and that it complies with this EULA and the brand and asset usage guidelines and above all do not make commercial use of anything we‘ve made.

That means you cant register a map.

What would this mean then:

"Any content you make available on our Game must also be your creation. You must not make any content available, using the Game, that infringes the rights of anyone else. If you post content on our Game, and we get challenged, threatened or sued by someone because the content infringes that persons rights, we may hold you responsible and that means you may have to pay us back for any damage we suffer as a result. Therefore it is really important that you only make content available that you have created and you don‘t do so with any content created by anyone else."

If you dont want the map to be used, why do you post a link for downloading it. You can make a topic asking for giving credits to you. But if you give a link for downloading it, you cant say they have stolen your map. You are offering it to the community for being downloaded. Its the same that making a mod, publishing it, and when someone uses it, you say that that person has stolen your mod.

I dont know if in the map you linked in there there were your credits. In the server there is only the name. Strange, because in other maps, there is the creator of it. In the only map that the creator name doesnt appear is in this one.

EDIT: There is another map that doesnt have credits.

• Founder

How much more could you need?

https://gyazo.com/710285c765e1623eaf54977ed8cbe385

Hello sir,

I'm sorry for all issues, our players requested that map to be added and it was free to download and there were no restrictions like you can't use this map for... . I'm sure that other servers use it as well. Anyway since we have the honor to have you on our server, we would like to get your permission for using it and provide the credit you deserve, it's a really great map and players will be sad to remove it. I think we did small changes when it was added, and if the credit signs are gone we will add them back, we can even add a hologram if you like. We can also give you a rank on the server if you will still join us time to time. Again i'm sorry for the trouble and let's get this the right way. Thanks

Hello sir,

I'm sorry for all issues, our players requested that map to be added and it was free to download and there were no restrictions like you can't use this map for... . I'm sure that other servers use it as well. Anyway since we have the honor to have you on our server, we would like to get your permission for using it and provide the credit you deserve, it's a really great map and players will be sad to remove it. I think we did small changes when it was added, and if the credit signs are gone we will add them back, we can even add a hologram if you like. We can also give you a rank on the server if you will still join us time to time. Again i'm sorry for the trouble and let's get this the right way. Thanks

Just a question. Where did you get the link? That "link" is only accessed through the server website for the Overcast Network. The reason for it being a huge deal is those links that only come from the Overcast Network are in the Terms of Service. I would honestly suggest doing some research about a map before you put it in. Only 2 known servers host CTW besides yours and if any of their names pop up when researching the map on these two servers(Avicus and Overcast Network), you will have a problem on your hands. 

To those who are asking why he has a public link. OCN(Overcast Network) gets all of its CTW maps by the community. Players can also use these maps for competitive purposes. They are told that if they submit their map the map will only be used by OCN and however they want. I don't think a lot of them like seeing a map randomly and people getting money off of their work. 

Last problem is Outback. rockeymine and ollyj are the authors of that map and never asked for his map to be used on any other service and he feels as his map was stolen(He made a statement on our forums and that is how I found this) 

I would suggest getting the community to make maps so this will not happen again. 

Hello sir,

I will only give my permission if every map has it's author(s) credited. 

Archived