[Minecraft 1.7.10][Fionapack]

Monocrame

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_o0tm4qUHue1uifs5qo1_1280.png

This is one of those packs where you only ever get 1 pickax because you can swap out parts to make it better and never need more tools or junk.  It gets experience over time and gets better almost like magic.

Tin proved too much for my iron pick however.  I knew I should never have used those two tin gravel I had before.  The much more valuable tin is stronger than all it seems.

On my way out of the cave I tried in vain to mine certus again.  I had found 11 iron, 31 copper. 11 other copper, and 4 OTHER copper.  I hope copper is useful.  But if its anything like iron, tin won’t have anything to say about it.

tumblr_o0tmb1NyyM1uifs5qo1_1280.png

In the end, I got a grand total of 41 iron ore, 11 copper ore, 58 other copper ore, 12 other copper ore, 4 other copper ore, 6 lead ore, 2 other lead ore, 23 tin ore, 4 tin other ore, 4 other tin ore, 4 aluminum ore, 9 aluminum ore, and 26 redstone (I did not get all the tin).  I was kinda hoping for some other kind of equivalent redstone to gum up my inventory space.

I was thinking of how to upgrade my tool, and then it occurred to me - bronze can mine tin, so maybe it really is better than iron!  So, I will remake the bronze stuff which can mine tin.  At first, I wanted to make a tin pick to replace the iron one cuz god knows, tin is better than iron.

I had made a little tree farm in the road of the town, and when I got back I needed inventory space.  I knew just what to do.

tumblr_o0tmczACGS1uifs5qo1_1280.png

After that, I put lava and water in the smeltery.  I guess they don’t combine anymore lol.  Waste of time.

At about this time, I didn’t know what Tinkers Construct wanted me to do - just keep mining endlessly until my 1 pick can mine obsidian?  I made a nether portal to get the hell out of this nightmare.

tumblr_o0tmh2njmq1uifs5qo1_1280.png

I went into the nether vs 3 ghasts and mined some diamond and redstone ore.  I even could fight the pigman with my OP bronze armor.  And then I got back.

Things took a turn for the better.  I made a philposterer’s stone and turned all my cobble into stone magically.

tumblr_o0tmktVZhP1uifs5qo1_1280.png

I put my certus in the table and it unlocked it.  Now I can make as much as I need.

Once I had the transmutation table, everything was easier.  I didn’t even need a me system because I could store almost everything in there.

I got a blaze rod and made a simple EMC farm.  The blaze rod gets macerated, which increases the total EMC.  Then, a new couple blaze rods are made from the EMC.  Any extra rods are sent to be turned into coal secondarily, to keep the macerator running.

tumblr_o0tmp9itdz1uifs5qo1_1280.png

Now I updated the pack.  My stick and obsidian transmutation recipes are gone!!  I looked in the configs, and sticks, seeds and a whole lot of random other things have the EMC removed manually.  I guess there are still ways to get a lot of EMC but it’s selectively harder?

I can’t even condense a interdiction torch anymore.  Wood, and food cannot be transmuted anymore.  Only random things…

I just looked at the philosopher’s stone and the recipe is actually impossible.  It requires a nether star instead of a diamond.  It’s like I’m playing a totally different pack.

tumblr_o0tna6nUHr1uifs5qo1_1280.png

Once I had the generator, I could make a flying ring.  Sorry to say this wouldn’t work next time even if you made a nether star.  I’m pretty sure everything helpful in Project E will be removed.  Rubber also doesn’t have EMC.

I can no longer make wood.  Which mean u guessed it - I need more inventory space, and I need to make even more ticon stuff, and ax to save time.  I can’t make a collector at all for EMC.  Got to wonder if the chest is next on the chopping block.  I’m gonna reset my world today and try play it without OP mods.

My goal was to make ProjectE a mid to end game mod that just makes life easier and some non renewable resources/ hard to come by resources easier to get. The mod still has emc for many items just nothing that can be grown or mass produced (wood, cobble, plants, mob drops, along with a few ores and stuff have been reassigned new emc values according to their rarity). Overall 'free emc' has always been a flaw of EE and its branches as well as the dirt cheap crafting recipes. 

tumblr_o0xfhlKjVV1uifs5qo1_1280.png

Make a flint tool just like this.  Pretty much no other materials work / can be collected.

Just mine and search scrap piles until one way or another you get a better pick.  You can break scrap piles, cause creepers to blow up the unmineable iron, or level up your pick a couple times.  I got a single iron ore and then made a iron shovel which I then used on iron gravel ore.  Then I made a pick to get more iron.

tumblr_o0xfliVv3g1uifs5qo1_1280.png

Make a igneous extruder.  No power needed.  Upgrade your pick.  You can now mine everything.  Use a dev null when mining now (it removes cobble - because you have the extruder for that)

Mine a lot of iron and make a tool forge, now make a hammer.  A obsidian hammer.

You could make a lot of cobble with the extruder to melt into seared stone upgrades for the smeltery.

tumblr_o0xfsmMVQu1uifs5qo1_1280.png

Once you have these two, you can go jetpack caving in a extreme hills biome.  Pick up a bunch of emeralds and shear some sheep too.  I got a lot of iron, which before was hard to get.  You can now cave in ravine walls and such.  Don’t forget to use the glider too.  It is much faster with flight, step assist, and the hammer.

Archived