Rftools Dimlets - Brunyman

Fatal

Heya,

So i've been thinking about the RFTools and the dimlets that are missing and tought maybe we could add some of the "missing" dimlets back into the modpack.

The reason some of the terrain dimlets are missing is obvious its either to reduce lag from dimension and/or because were playing skyfactory and that being a "void" so the only terrain dimlet that is allowed is the terrain void dimlet and i do get that but,

For me and multiple other players whom i've spoken to we came to a conclusion that was:RFTools dimensions are quite endgame already depending on how you play the modpack to even create a dimension you need to have killed a dragon to get awakened draconium to make the dimension builder.

right now the only real use for RFTools dimensions are resources and I personally would like to make cool dimensions with diffrent features not just a void world with orbs or ravines in it.

Share your toughts on this matter and elaborate why u think the same or diffrently :D

~Fatal

As far as I see it, which most probably opposes your opinion is that the whole point of the modpack is to be suspended in a void. All dimensions which could have been changed have been. This is including the end and the nether. The deep dark is an exception. It has no options which would keep it viable and a void world. However rf tools worlds have the opportunity to allow for full world generation in a space which is livable and well favorable to lots of players. The deep dark doesn't really present well to most players when looking for alternate places to live.

We can enable to configs to allow the dimlets again but whats the point of playing in a skyblock modpack then? As soon as you enter that world it allows normal minecraft play just like most other modpacks.

Ps. I would just like to point out that ad rewards provide awakened draconium and personally I've never fought a dragon on this server but have enough draconium to make a dimension builder. As well as some dimensions which are generic can have very low maintenance rf/tick values which pretty much opens up the opportunity to any mid-game player.

I don't have anything against you Fatal or the idea. Just providing an alternate perspective on why the changes were implemented. 

As far as I see it, which most probably opposes your opinion is that the whole point of the modpack is to be suspended in a void. All dimensions which could have been changed have been. This is including the end and the nether. The deep dark is an exception. It has no options which would keep it viable and a void world. However rf tools worlds have the opportunity to allow for full world generation in a space which is livable and well favorable to lots of players. The deep dark doesn't really present well to most players when looking for alternate places to live.

We can enable to configs to allow the dimlets again but whats the point of playing in a skyblock modpack then? As soon as you enter that world it allows normal minecraft play just like most other modpacks.

Ps. I would just like to point out that ad rewards provide awakened draconium and personally I've never fought a dragon on this server but have enough draconium to make a dimension builder. As well as some dimensions which are generic can have very low maintenance rf/tick values which pretty much opens up the opportunity to any mid-game player.

I don't have anything against you Fatal or the idea. Just providing an alternate perspective on why the changes were implemented. 

You are right it is easy to get drac trough adlink´s so we disable this also im not asking for all the terrain dimlets to be added im asking for certain ones like oregen islands and maybe some other that might benefit just making a dimension to look at it

also to touch on the subject of "living there that wont be possible every monday and friday the dimensions get reset with everything in them and make existing dimensions lose all of their data so any blocks placed in there will be gone not to forget that is someone else enters your dimension were you have setup a house/base/storage they can acces it all wich will lead to "griefing" of sorts.

alsso dont feel to bad i asked for feedback of both supporters and none supporters i appreciate both so thanks :D

~Fatal

post them here please, it's madness on my skype

# Set this to true if you want to make sure RFTools can only create void dimensions
    B:voidOnly=true
^ This is in the main.cfg file but im quite sure it wont atter if u change this or not since the main world is the world rftools generates on and since that is void too it doesnt really matter.

And there should be a blacklist in the rftools configs either ingame/in the files wich i cannot acces maybe you should take a look at those ingame i could do for you but i dont acces to the commands it requires

• Yusixs locked this topic

Archived