[Griefed] (Rockthemike13)

Rockthemike13

I've only been on your server a few days, but spent quite a few hours trying to relearn the game as it's been years.  Every thing was going great!  Until just now.

In-Game Nickname: I wasn't able to see who it was.

Time and date: 1/21/2017  around 11 AM

Description of what happened: I was working in my makeshift shop, when I stepped outside to check my crops and every thing was missing (all plants, cows, etc).  As I was pondering what happened some weird toxic waste appeared (I don't have any radioactive machines yet) and killed me.  When I used /back every thing was gone.  Then some one started dumping burning pyronium (sp?) on my house.  The worst thing about all this is whoever was doing this was invisible.  I would keep dying in my house to radiation when I would try to fix it.  I would hear my chests opening and closing, I would run to the chest and every thing was gone, all my diamonds, metals, etc.  They stole every thing out of my chests, destroyed my house, destroyed my farm.  I thought I had every thing claimed, but didn't apparently (or some ones cheating).  I know it's fruitless to complain about it, but I was really digging this server.  I was prime to start donating (if I invest more than 10 hours on a server I pay for it).  I won't be hanging around here though.

Screenshots or Proof: wQUbvwE.png

http://imgur.com/UXerjxo

(Where I would keep dying to toxic waste, theres nothing there to produce toxic waste)

List of eyewitnesses: Matspace24, Ouija investigated with me.  They saw the random toxic waste appearing and burning pyratheum on my house.

We apologize for this, but usually when something like this happens, it's because their base isn't claimed. People like to screw around with others, and it's beyond me who could've done that being that we just had a reset a few days ago and people somehow already have maxed out power armor, antimatter and all of this crazy stuff. 

I was almost sure I had claimed it!  There wasn't a clear tutorial on how to do it, plus it cost money apparently (which I didn't have other than the $5 I started with).  I thought standing in the base and typing "/t claim" would have covered it.  Some how I still had lost all my work.  I personally think the golden shovel method, or showing what is claimed and what isn't, OR a tutorial explaining at the start how it works would be great.  But to have new people come in, work their way up and then lose EVERY thing with no compensation or recourse is awful.  I'm just glad it happened before I started sinking money into you guys, or I would actually be mad rather than annoyed.

Quartzwitch, this was after all my stuff was wiped out!  I wasn't about to spend another 10 hours farming materials to get a base established again.

Larry, like I said, at the start I made my town.  I stood in my house, typed /t claim and it took out the only $5 that I had.  What other indication was there that my town was or was not claimed?  I didn't see any type of tutorial or warnings explaining it.  With the anti-grief policy, I figured you guys would have toxic players weeded out or at least a roll back policy.

I know my last tekkit run wasn't this confusing.  It starts you with a shovel and explained how to use it.  This server seems to enforce a strict anti-grief policy so I was lulled into a sense of security.  At the start I had read all the signs, there was an ender portal to the left, a shop straight ahead and random spawns at the start.  I asked about claiming property, was told all I had to do was /t claim, so I did.  I don't know why it didn't work.  I wasn't explained at all how to tell what was claimed or what wasn't, my only indication was I had $5 and then I didn't so it would only stand to reason I did it right.  Not to mention any time I would enter my house it would welcome me back, and any time I would leave it would tell me I was entering the wilderness.

So 8-10 hours of game play just gets wiped out.  That sucks mang.

• Founder

Rollback complete, but the house was still not claimed and un-protected so anyone could destroy there, there was only 1 chunk claimed and that was near the house. I claimed all chunks for you but you need to learn the town commands as they are very simple.

/town info   

/town claim

/town perm

/town map

Brunyman, you are awesome!  I appreciate the roll back, but am a bit confused still.  I knew how to use /t claim but apparently it wasn't working (after I was griefed some one sent me 50 bucks) and I ran around using /t claim, and it kept deducting the money out of my pocket.  Why would it not have claimed the land?  What are the steps to using it properly?  and will /info tell me if that particular spot is part of my town? 

Always use /town, and never /t. To see what you have claimed, run the command: /town map, this give an ASCII map of claimed chunks near you.

To make a town, it's /town new (name)

To claim, use /town claim

To find more info on special commands in mytown, use /town help

For information on your town, run /town info

For information on specific residents, run /town res (player)

There are many more, these are just some of the basics.

Archived