[Presentation] quagma *1000th Post Special!*

quagma

Oh look! 1000 posts on these here forums! What a time to be alive!

Been here 991 days, or 2 years, 8 months, 15 days. Hmph. Nearly made it to 1000 days and 1000 posts, wouldn't that have been special?

Chances are, you may have seen me around moving topics about, asking questions, and solving problems. I've seen a lot of stuff since I joined nearly three years ago, but before I get into that, I'd like to present myself.

I go by the username "quagma", which is a real word, look it up. My interests are reading science fiction, drawing my own comic books, and loving cephalopods of all types. I can't tell you how much I love squids, octopus, cuttlefish, and other tentacular creatures of the deep. But definitely not in the way you're thinking, get your mind out of the gutter, gosh. =_= I'm a science nerd, and love cool science stuff. And books. And science fiction books. Puns are my flesh and blood, and I revel in the feel of my sinful puns on my back. If you have any jelly beans, don't let me near them, you will be missing all of them except the brown and black ones before you finish blinking. Those are the gross ones, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I also put pineapple on my pizza.

Gamewise, I started my way up from a lowly player on DW20, who lived in a lowly town. This was my first real modded experience, and I got addicted to it. (Quite frankly, I have no idea why some people stick to vanilla, or, horror above horrors, switch to vanilla from modded) I got trolled and greifed fairly often, and eventually became pretty tired of it. I saw the change from 1.6 to 1.7, and several wipes as well. I donated one day, to show my love and support for my favorite server, the only server I played on, actually, and eventually became a full on sponsor. Eventually, and it took me a try or two, I successfully applied for staff. I worked my way up and up and up, and each time I thought I wouldn't get a promotion. I was wrong.

Apparently, I didn't know how wrong I was, because I did so well, that I became a GM+ on two servers, DW20, and IE. I'll be honest, the going has been tough from time to time, and the players (and sometimes staff) good and bad, with extremes on each side, but I've stuck to it and became the man you see today.

Well, not really see, unless you can see me through the internet, but you know what I mean. Probably.

I've really enjoyed playing here, and I think that doing so has actually helped me (and hopefully others) become more mature and grown as a person. (That might just be adulthood peeking around the corner, though) Socializing with so many people, for an introvert like me, is a challenge, and I've learned a lot of things by posting on a nearly daily basis. I've managed to grow from a tiny n00b to a L33T n00b, and I still have a long ways before I become a true pro.

Thanks for all the fish, you guys (and gals). They've been tasty, and I can't wait for more.

I'll leave you with a helpful bit of advice. 1: All fungi are edible. 2: Some fungi are only edible once. 

Well said, dude. I've always respected you and the work you've been doing around here all these years. Quite the contribution to the community. I'm here thinking, what a great read that just was. Thorough and to the point, with an accurate and enjoyable to read description of you. The part about still having a lot to learn was the icing on the cake. You don't see that kind of honesty and humbleness very often these days.

Keep it up!

Archived