Questions about a few rules

baden27

Hi,

I have recently stumbled upon a few speculations and disagreements regarding some of the server rules and have a few questions myself. I hope to get as many of the questions answered clearly, so I can spread the word to the rest of the community and help keeping the server great:

[1] No Hacked Clients:
This includes [...] fullbright and etc et all that offer gameplay advantages over the normal mod pack.

Does this include changing Gamma in your options.txt file? This is a file (a config file) that everyone gets automatically with the base game. Its default value is 0.0 and when set to 100.0 (or more) manually, the whole game looks bright as if it was bright day, even in tunnels. It does not affect mob spawning or any other items etc. that require a specific brightness setting.

[5] No PvPing with creative, god, fly, OP spawned items or without the consent of all parties involved (PvP is enabled! , not half enabled!):
No PvP Scamming / use of creative healing or OP creative enchants.  Arguments over breaking PvP conditions may result in one or all parties being punished.

To be clear, since many people seem to understand this differently: Is it allowed to PvP in the wilderness without asking people if it's okay to battle them? Can you go and slay innocent adventurous noobs in the back as you wish, or do you both have to agree on battling first?

[8] No Griefing Any Protected Territory:
Includes everything that changes the environment of claimed land. [...]

Staff seem to inform differently about griefing UNprotected areas. Is it allowed or not? In case of this type of grief, is it possible, with enough proof, to have a local rollback or stolen/destroyed items returned?

[12] No Threats of or Intentional Harm to Server Integrity:
[...] Don't make lag on purpose.

It has come to my attention that server lag is often caused by leaking mob farms and other types of farms. Also, is there a limit on how many mobs you can have spawned at a time in your mob farm?
Bonus question: Someone recently had trouble spawning more than five Wither bosses at once. At six spawns, they were immediately erased. Can this be explained?

[16] No Impersonating Staff:
[...]

People (including me) are told to stop impersonating staff when simply reminding other players of the rules when they're breaking them. This is not how I interpret the meaning of impersonation.

Impersonate:
1. To assume the character or appearance of; pretend to be:
2. To mimic the voice, mannerisms, etc., of (a person) in order to entertain.
3. To act or play the part of; personate.
4. Archaic. to represent in personal or bodily form; personify; typify.

Source: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/impersonation

Personally I will always have an interest of having as nice and informed community as possible, and I don't see the problem with the players helping staff us all to have a great time on the server, with no rule breaking.

Regards,
Baden

Hello Baden27 I'll try to clarify the rules to the best of my abilities.

[1] No Hacked Clients:

• 1st offense = 7 days ban.
  • 2nd offense = 14 days ban.
  • 3rd offense = 28 days ban.
  • 4th offense = 60 days ban.

This includes flight mods, xray mods, speed modifications of any type, nofall, chest finders, vanish, fullbright and etc et all that offer gameplay advantages over the normal mod pack.

Question: Does this include changing Gamma in your options.txt file? This is a file (a config file) that everyone gets automatically with the base game. Its default value is 0.0 and when set to 100.0 (or more) manually, the whole game looks bright as if it was bright day, even in tunnels. It does not affect mob spawning or any other items etc. that require a specific brightness setting.

Answer:  Yes, this is the same as what the fullbright mod does, just done manually. The rule states all that offer gameplay advantages over the normal mod pack.

[5] No PvPing with creative, god, fly, OP spawned items or without the consent of all parties involved (PvP is enabled! , not half enabled!):

• 1st offense = Kick with Warning.
  • 2nd offense = Jailed 60 minutes.
  • 3rd offense = 1 days ban.
  • 4th offense = 2 days ban.

No PvP Scamming / use of creative healing or OP creative enchants.  Arguments over breaking PvP conditions may result in one or all parties being punished.

Question: To be clear, since many people seem to understand this differently: Is it allowed to PvP in the wilderness without asking people if it's okay to battle them? Can you go and slay innocent adventurous noobs in the back as you wish, or do you both have to agree on battling first?

Answer: Yes, its okay if you find someone in the wild and kill them. You do not need that consent, but pvp scamming is not allowed. (Example of pvp scamming someone teleports you to them, they kill you. Or camping the teleports at spawn.)

[8] No Griefing Any Protected Territory:

• 1st offense = 7 days ban.
  • 2nd offense = 14 days ban.
  • 3rd offense = 28 days ban.
  • 4th offense = 60 days ban.

Includes everything that changes the environment of claimed land. Includes any block, item, action, liquid, that can bypass protection. Includes Griefing of own Town if other members did not agree and worked hard. Griefing spawn is a permanent ban.

Question: Staff seem to inform differently about griefing UNprotected areas. Is it allowed or not? In case of this type of grief, is it possible, with enough proof, to have a local rollback or stolen/destroyed items returned?

Answer: Griefing unprotected areas is allowed. So if you don't want people going around raiding/stealing/griefing your stuff, make it safe by claiming your stuff within your town. Its by case on the refunds usually with enough proof usually, yes they get refunded but Common Sense is a rule as well so don't always expect a refund.

[12] No Threats of or Intentional Harm to Server Integrity:

• 1st offense = warning.
  • 2nd offense = 1 day ban.
  • 3rd offense = 3 days ban.
  • 4th offense = 7 days ban.

Includes threatening to DDOS, Grief, etc. Don't make lag on purpose.

Question: It has come to my attention that server lag is often caused by leaking mob farms and other types of farms. Also, is there a limit on how many mobs you can have spawned at a time in your mob farm?
Bonus question: Someone recently had trouble spawning more than five Wither bosses at once. At six spawns, they were immediately erased. Can this be explained?

Answer: No limit, until antilag comes to clear entities. It's usually determined by the current tps of how the spawning is affected. (Example at low tps people with Dragon Dimensions can't get Dragons to spawn.)

•  1st offense = 3 days ban.
  •  2nd offense = 7 days ban.

This includes using morph or witchery.

Question: People (including me) are told to stop impersonating staff when simply reminding other players of the rules when they're breaking them. This is not how I interpret the meaning of impersonation.

Personally I will always have an interest of having as nice and informed community as possible, and I don't see the problem with the players helping staff us all to have a great time on the server, with no rule breaking.

Answer: I believe this is more in the lines of making yourself look like a staff. (Example: If you got a nickname that you named "Mod Baden27" or Morphed yourself into a current staff member.)

I don't see anything wrong with informing others of the rules, or helping people. Unless your telling them stuff that isn't accurate.

•  1st offense = 3 days ban.
  •  2nd offense = 7 days ban.

This includes using morph or witchery.

to be a little more clear about this one , its not allowed to tell people you are a moderator,  but if you tell them to not spam then i see nothing wrong with this

impersonating staff is telling them you are a member of the staff

as Manyouforgot said, informing them is fine, even if they dont like getting told what the rules are.

" [1] No Hacked Clients:
This includes [...] fullbright and etc et all that offer gameplay advantages over the normal mod pack. "

Changing Gamma and other stuffs doesn't mean you got a hacked client.

A hacked client means that you can do things ingame that affects the server, other players or your own character. Like flight, fast block breaking, nocliping, increased movement speed etc... the usual ones...

Having a game setting higher than normal doesn't mean it's hacked. At least that's how I see it.

8 hours ago, GunnerHQ said:

" [1] No Hacked Clients:
This includes [...] fullbright and etc et all that offer gameplay advantages over the normal mod pack. "

Changing Gamma and other stuffs doesn't mean you got a hacked client.

A hacked client means that you can do things ingame that affects the server, other players or your own character. Like flight, fast block breaking, nocliping, increased movement speed etc... the usual ones...

Having a game setting higher than normal doesn't mean it's hacked. At least that's how I see it.

This has been agreed upon before, by people like Skilande, that if you are using any software modifications to change the gamma settings then it's not allowed.

I don't play on this server anymore, but if I have trouble seeing in a cave, I change my monitor's settings to see something. Good luck finding if someone else does that...

On 7/17/2017 at 10:46 PM, Hell said:

I don't play on this server anymore, but if I have trouble seeing in a cave, I change my monitor's settings to see something. Good luck finding if someone else does that...

i do that too, but the thing is, if you change monitor's gamma it'll change the whole spectrum, sure, it'll give you some vision, but your vision is still dark

changing the gamma on config file in other hands, is changing the offset of when things will start go dim in the monitor, 

the solution is just use nightvision potion/ glasses/ dark helmet/ amulet of the night. they are cheap anyways

Archived