Staff Abuse -(quagma)

dawwww1

IGN - dawwww1

16/08/17 23:00 (ish)

Recently I was muted for what I deem unfairly for "banter" with one my friends. The staff member that muted me stated that I was harassing said person when this person explicitly denied I was harassing them and said it was only friendly banter. The staff member followed to insult my friend by stating that he was wrong and what I did "was" harassing him, something that was completely uncalled for and completely wrong. This staff member also banned one of my friends for 2 days for messaging someone. He also stated that this was harassment. I do not believe that what this staff member has done has been right and I believe that this staff member should re-think this ban and this mute. I do not believe what I was doing was harassment and neither do I believe that this staff member should've take my comments out of context and therefore decide to mute me.

No screenshots

Witnesses - Kongou_seki

My "Friend" clearly stated that what I said was not harassment. You completely ignored that, and muted me. This was an abuse of power. What I say to my friend/s is honestly none of your business. I do not agree with your decision to mute me and find it honestly disgusting that you believe that you were right in what you did.

I would also like to add that the insult "I shudder to learn what you think is actual insults and harassment" was completely uncalled for. This is not a joke and I would like you to take this complaint seriously. I would also prefer it if another staff member looked over this as you clearly have some kind of unfair bias against me.

You went above and beyond of what was necessary by using your own opinion to resolve this issue. You should not have done this however as the "Victim" provided you with some context into what I was saying. What you did was a complete breach of power. You ignored what the Victim stated which was completely uncalled for and completely wrong. 

I wasn't "messing with him" we talk like that normally. Anyway that was no excuse for quagma to completely ignore what kongou had to say and instantly mute me. I should be allowed to freely say what I want to say to a friend without the risk of a staff member muting me.

Good day,

First thing first, what you have said in your messages directed towards Kongou_Seki does fall under rule #15 which covers harassment, quagma posted the screenshots above thus I
won't add the conversation to avoid repetition.
   Secondly, him being your friend does not excuse you from rules including but not limited to behaviour related ones.

That out of the way let's analyze the rest of your complaint:
       1." The staff member followed to insult my friend by stating that he was wrong and what I did "was" harassing him, something that was completely uncalled for and completely wrong. "
Stating what you did doesn't qualify as an insult.
       2." This staff member also banned one of my friends for 2 days for messaging someone. He also stated that this was harassment. "
Unless you are going to bring some proof that the bans were unfair this fact is going to be ignored.
       3." I do not believe what I was doing was harassment and neither do I believe that this staff member should've take my comments out of context and therefore decide to mute me. "
Firstly, you don't have to believe that it harassment to be considered such by staff, if you grief someone you might not think it was griefing but if the evidence show otherwise there is nothing you can change. Lastly, if you check the screenshots he provided you'll see it's not taken out of context.
      4." My "Friend" clearly stated that what I said was not harassment. It doesn't matter if you think you're Isaac newton or some kind of genius. If my friend stated that I did nothing wrong I did nothing wrong. You completely ignored that, and muted me. This was an abuse of power. What I say to my friend/s is honestly none of your business. I do not agree with your decision to mute me and find it honestly disgusting that you believe that you were right in what you did. "
Firstly, what you say to anyone on any of our servers is our business. Secondly, as I said above it doesn't matter if you or your friend consider it harassment, I would've mattered only if he decided to write a complaint directed towards you, but since quagma saw the conversation while it happened and decided to take action the staff decides. And lastly, do not throw insults around if you want your forum record to stay clear.
      5." I would also like to add that the insult "I shudder to learn what you think is actual insults and harassment" was completely uncalled for. This is not a joke and I would like you to take this complaint seriously. I would also prefer it if another staff member looked over this as you clearly have some kind of unfair bias against me. "
The way he expressed himself was not professional, but I agree with it, "If you don't consider this insulting or harassment, then where do you draw the line?". I can assure you that no complaints are treated like a joke by the staff team, so since you believed he had an "unfair bias" against you, here I am looking at this and I assure you that this is as up in the hierarchy you'll go.
     Thus, I deny this complaint, if you have any further statements or questions this thread will be open for a while.

"First thing first, what you have said in your messages directed towards Kongou_Seki does fall under rule #15 which covers harassment" - I completely agree with this statement and realise why he believed I was "harassing Kongou_Seki". However, as I stated previously, do you not believe quagma should've taken Kongou_Seki's statement into consideration before taking action?

You never have conversations like this in private message on minecraft, your messages aren't very private there. You need to remember that there will always be someone watching your "private messages". Also, even if your friend said that, he wouldn't be unmuted. It was just a mute anyway, no need to make such a big deal out of it.

2 hours ago, Pumpkin said:

You never have conversations like this in private message on minecraft, your messages aren't very private there. You need to remember that there will always be someone watching your "private messages". Also, even if your friend said that, he wouldn't be unmuted. It was just a mute anyway, no need to make such a big deal out of it.

I was told to make a complaint on the forums if I did not agree with the mute and therefore I did. My report was more about how quagma completely ignored what a "witness" said and less about me being unpleased with a mute.

Archived