[Complaint] (Dumblore)

trickrider2002

In-Game Nickname: Dumblore

Time and date: 28th August GMT

Description of what happened: Throughout the morning, I was hearing reports that a player by the name of 'Dumblore' - previously unknown to me - was marauding around the world, and killing people then taking their items - with some griefing throw in for variety. I also, soon fell prey to this viking.

I was outside my base, working on my yacht when I suddenly started taking damage; confused, I looked around and made an attempt to locate what was inflicting this damage upon me. After a couple of hits, I was killed. I looked to the chat to see what had caused my demise and found that Dumblore had chosen my to be his latest victim. Still confused as to why he had chosen to attack me, I sent him a private message asking why he did so. He said he found it an offense that my clan name resembled his (ICorp and GCorp respectively) - I was quite surprised that a similarity of names led to someone preying on a relatively new player to the server and taking their power armour and resources. He said he would continue to kill me until I changed my clan name.

I then retreated to spawn and waited for him to leave. However, when he did leave, he did so only to move onto another target. He then targeted and killed a fellow ICorp member - WeBeam - and repeated the same ultimatum. WeBeam is another new player and was in his first few days of setting up a base, yet that did not stop Dumblore from taking his items. I was very shocked to see that this was the latest attack that followed the marauder's pattern.

With further research, two other players - amongst many more - admitted to me that Dumblore had attacked them, and threaten their clan - this proves that it is not only ICorp that is being ruthlessly targeted. While I cannot describe their individual cases, I wish to represent their case in this post. I therefore press the charges of not only killing and harassment against Dumblore, but I wish to bring this case upon the wider GCorp group. 

Screenshots or Proof: Unfortunately, I was unable to screenshot the events, however, the chat logs will show the events as they unfurled.

List of eyewitnesses: WeBeam, sppw, BurntCrab, Ohanno_WhiteWolf

Thank you,

trick

I was with my friend xon15 outside our town and mining resurces deeply under a ground and we also were suddenly attacked by Dumblore and had lost our stuff. Xon15 was not killed by him, only me, even while his clan is not my rival. Also I got a warning that i had to leave my clan. I have asked him for right argument but he did not answer.

Dear Readers,

Upon speaking with TrickRider2002 Privately about Dumblore, I realized how much he was affecting other players and clans. I remember verbally telling many members of GCorp to stop TPA killing and harassing other clans for their tags. This has been Occurring ever since the wipe, and most likely before that. The primary reason for all of this hate and harassment is apparently justified -said by many GCorp members- as a act of plagiarism. Dumblore and others wish to be within a unique clan. Which is respectable and honorable, however their delusions bring them to the conclusion that GCorp is being copied by many players, merely because of a similar clan tag which could translate into countless things. Much like ICorp, HCorp, who are both receiving this harassment from dumblore and his followers. Such clan tags ending with 'Corp' are very common among servers. The Genesis Corporation -or- GCorp in my time here have always been on the top of the leader boards due to their vast members and resources. Now I understand why. At first I thought The Genesis Corporation to be a kind mannered clan which has vast connections with many people and have a well structured system of trust and cooperative players. Upon my research -both intentionally and unintentionally- I have found that many of GCorps members never joined GCorp because they wanted to, but to halt the harassment brought down upon them by the leaders of GCorp. I urge anyone who is harassed by GCorp to report it in this post, and to me or other staff. I refuse to let such harassment take place, especially under such ridiculous reasoning ("They are just copying us" ~Many GCorp members). Many reports of comments like "Kill all HCorp on sight" and "Leave your clan or we wont stop" have come into my PM in-game. I as well have seen some of these comments firsthand. I do believe action is to be taken. Thus I support this post with every part of my being. This harassment has been taken too far, for too long. I will however remain within the staff rules and will only give out punishments when they are due according to the rules, so I will not use my power as staff as an advantage, but if I am told to do something, I will do so, gladly. Thank you, all of you for reading

~Ohanno Kyejiin

-Personal note-

Such harassment and cruelty is just unbelievable and childish. It's hard for even me to comprehend why someone could be so mean over such insecure reasoning. I personally would be flattered to know that my clan had a role in inspiring another to start something grand as I did. If anyone wanted to truly be unique in this situation, ill share something with you:

"Be yourself, Live, and do not be afraid to share what you are and what you have created with others, because when you share yourself and your ideas, you inspire, you change many people in that way, and you show compassion for who you are. We cannot show hate because of our compassion towards what we have created with, and for others. That's inhuman. What we do is but a single verse in another story. Don't be the antagonist in that story. That's all anyone can ever ask, and its all I ask...

For someone who never gets to see it personally, I hope you chose to not be that antagonist. because you can hurt, as I can, and you can be hurt, as I have. What makes you and I different is how much we chose not to hurt"       ~The Keeper

I have witnessed the same and have noted it is not limited to those with similar clan tags but ultimately anyone of their picking, however the harassment was particularly bad toward trickrider and members of clans with similar tags, and is primarily instigated by Dumblore.

I made this post about similar issues here:

• 3 weeks later...

Interestingly, all your messages have proven to have lies strewn on them. Let me prove my point:
1) Trickrider2002 knows me beforehand and has even tried negotiating with GCorp in their Discord, which proves his first statement of not knowing me to be wrong.

2) HCorp is an ally, so I dont see the reason why Ohanno is mentioning that clan name.

3) It is not safe to assume that we are not well-mannered people, as we wouldn't have gathered more than almost a hundred members if our clan was nothing good to begin with. We have helped a huge amount of people in the last wipe and since this is a new wipe, we decided to have a change of pace as of course, this is just a game.

4) I am not as salty as some of the people on the server so I won't be filing any complaints and such, though I appreciate your effort when some of the corps created a clan dedicated to disowning my name, clan, and reputation. Though you have to work on keeping it together ;) After all, GCorp is looking for a worthy rival.

5) Noticeably, Ohanno is against me and my clan. This is in fact due to me killing him. In fact, soon after the event I was monitored heavily by him and was punished for multiple "offenses" that feels more targeted to me than other people (In a way, it seems to me he's just looking for an excuse to get back at me). Also, I am not tp-killing, so your accusations are false. I look for my target and slay him, then move on to the next. It's not in my way to use cheap tactics such as that.

6) GCorp is not a hostile clan. In fact, we offer multiple services such as programming lessons, game giveaways, and general assistance to members of the clan. Do not start assuming things when it has barely been 2 weeks since we encountered each other in this wipe. The nature of the clan in-game does not directly apply to the nature of the clan outside the game.

Hopefully I have proven my point. In regards with this issue, I would like to describe it with a quote:
“Only the unknown frightens men. But once a man has faced the unknown, that terror becomes the known.”  Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Cheers and enjoy!

By Ohanno_WhiteWolf:

I remember verbally telling many members of GCorp to stop TPA killing...

We were never tpa killing. We just use the live map to find other player that we will kill and we don't kill just everyone. We only kill the ones who deserve that. Like people who are copying us and want to be better than us or just make a joke from our names (ICorp, DCorp), who are offensive to us, who act very offensive or similar in the chat etc. If we ever killed someone it was for a good reason.

Archived