Possibly a Server wipe?

blairwitch09

I have noticed that the population of the direwolf20 1.7.10 server has been decreasing, Some of the players haven't played in awhile because they have nothing else to do. They have reached top tier items and more. A wipe would make them restart and maybe have more players and more fun and maybe attract some new players. This topic isnt a complaint or a top priority it is simply a suggestion.

Im just a curious person

~Blairwitch09

Hello there

Wipe polls are made by Brunyman only or by other staff IF instructed by HIM. This is so there is no confusion between players that they think a wipe is coming merely because of a unofficial poll. I therefore hid your link, it was also a shortened link which I would advice against in the future- players should be able to tell at a glance to which website they go to if they click. 

You see, once people think a wipe is coming they usualyl quit playing, which is why such confusion is crucial- I will leave the topic as it is as a suggestion towards brunyman to make a wipe poll.

Hello!

I have been Flying around and doing a lot of random teleports, and I've come to the conclusion that there is not a lot of free space for medium/big bases.
This is mostly because of a lot of abandoned end-game bases all over the map. This makes it that the preferred biomes (plains/magical forest/forest) almost all have claims in them. and that less preferred biomes such as Desert and Taiga have a lot of free room.

One way to solve this would be to go for a complete server wipe. The last wipe we had was this year on the 4th of March, so that is a little over 6 months ago. This would give everyone the chance to get a nice spot on the map and try new strategies. It might also fix the economy and market prices so that people don't get to end-game in a few days. All this will probably get new people to the server so the player base rises back to what it was before the 1.10 server came out.

I personally think a wipe would be good. It would encourage players to come to the server again because they have things to do again. And make it less boring for the people that are "done" with their base. One of the reasons a lot of bases are abandoned is because the owner was "done" with his/her base and doesn't know what else to do anymore, because there is no challenge anymore. I think wiping would also be good for tps reasons because we are almost never on full tps anymore because of the huge end-game bases everyone has. And a new seed is always fun of course!

This is just my personal opinion, so I would love to hear what others have to say about this!

I also found out that server has frequent lag spikes and according to some people, it seems severity varies a lot. I am not sure about whether this problem is directly related to why wipe should take place, I am putting this as well just in case.

Secondly, I saw numerous players whose new to server claim that they cannot find single mob in wild. This includes the End. As far as I know, server limits number of mobs in the world which brings the conclusion that there are a lot of mob farms(or spawners) going on. This increases lag and makes players much harder to obtain loots from mobs. I checked some big bases which can be seen from livemap, and yes, mob farms were running. I think we can have discussion in near future about this.

Last but not least, as mentioned above, there arent enough space left in overworld. Which makes new players' gameplay much harder.

In conclusion, I also think wipe will be a good solution. It might bring left players back to server and more... populated. 

On 9/20/2017 at 8:52 AM, G_G_Marvel said:

In conclusion, I also think wipe will be a good solution. It might bring left players back to server and more... populated. 

That was my main point for making this post. I noticed that alot of people are quitting and its sad to see some people you always played with leave.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:58 AM, ontario_99 said:

I have been Flying around and doing a lot of random teleports, and I've come to the conclusion that there is not a lot of free space for medium/big bases.
This is mostly because of a lot of abandoned end-game bases all over the map. This makes it that the preferred biomes (plains/magical forest/forest) almost all have claims in them. and that less preferred biomes such as Desert and Taiga have a lot of free room.

One way to solve this would be to go for a complete server wipe. The last wipe we had was this year on the 4th of March, so that is a little over 6 months ago. This would give everyone the chance to get a nice spot on the map and try new strategies. It might also fix the economy and market prices so that people don't get to end-game in a few days. All this will probably get new people to the server so the player base rises back to what it was before the 1.10 server came out.

I personally think a wipe would be good. It would encourage players to come to the server again because they have things to do again. And make it less boring for the people that are "done" with their base. One of the reasons a lot of bases are abandoned is because the owner was "done" with his/her base and doesn't know what else to do anymore, because there is no challenge anymore. I think wiping would also be good for tps reasons because we are almost never on full tps anymore because of the huge end-game bases everyone has. And a new seed is always fun of course!

This is just my personal opinion, so I would love to hear what others have to say about this

I fully Agree with all you are saying :D

Archived