pvp or pve?

NGenetics

PVP or PVE?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. PVP or PVE?

Hello all,

I wanted to let you guys know where alot unclear if it comes to pvp or no pvp, some say both parties have to agree before pvp and others dont, now the rules states pvp is enabled.

but never in my lifetime on the server wich is longer then a year i faced anyone pvp (besides the both party agreement)

now i personaly didnt join the server for pvp but pve, but when it came clear to mind that pvp was enabled on a pretty much pve modded server with no real pvp options i really took a step back from it, now i didnt mind losing my stuff becuase i was a sponsor, and there is really nothing to gain from this for me. but for the sake of our playerbase on fininity and the time i spend on it i know that many dont want to pvp nor ever are pvping they just wanna build and progress make a town and enjoy the game, theres recently 2 players those who killed me that are pvping, i havent seen them on much perhaps once or twice a week, some others like pvp but dont actualy feel participating to pvp. now in our situation we didnt know better that both parties need to agree before pvp starts. this is stated many times in the chat in the past month and even before the ime i was gone it applied back then too.

now that being said there is tomuch grey zones if it comes to rules, and in my opinion infinity server should be pve and that is what me, waxx and roika enjoyed alot i therefor would like to sugest the owner to make it a pve server, simply becuase the overall player base in this server does pve and are not intrested in pvp. i will try to get people on this post to support this idea and perhaps we are able to change the mind of the owner.

please leave a comment below what you think this server should be pve/pvp and why.

Thank you.

I am Roika. I used to go by the name of Blitzonite but decided to change it. 

I joined this server before the last wipe happened, around June or July of the previous year(2016) and was Harassed by a certain player that claimed PvP was, in fact, Enabled in it's full aspect. This was untrue, said by Henkekalmartwice during that time, and recently said by Quagma previous to the incident in question to the player NGenetics in this past Friday. 

They have claimed this is untrue and, from the lack of evidence to back up my statement, i backed out of the argument, taking a firm stance and still KNOWING my argument is true. Veredict cannot be claimed, and will be given to the Staff since they are more "Trustworthy", for lack of better wording.

I love minecraft, i've loved it since i was a 12 year old kiddo and played modpacks since Tekkit Classic. Not once have i been to a server where there's protection that PvP is enabled. There's even instant teleportation with the use of the command /t(own) spawn [name of town in which you are currently a member in]. That's a pretty crappy balance when you think of it. I've played PvP servers too, those servers have Arenas and have Towns.
But it's oblivious when people that pretty much have god mode in the game are able to PvP and Abuse their power regardless of the advance of the victims in question. I'm not talking about Gamemode, i'm talking about players with Draconic armour that have achieved pretty much godhood. Unkillable. Why can these players abuse their power and speed to camp us at the end, stopping us from being able to get Awakened hearts from Resurrected Ender Dragons, a key component to progressing through the RFTools and Draconic Evolution mods.

All in all, i've just got to say that's very poor decision making by your part. PvP is enabled but people can instakill you without notice in one of the most important farm heavy areas in the game. I was pretty rude when speaking about this issue on Discord to Henkekalmar and Quagma, and i'm deeply sorry for it. I don't mind getting banned as long as they read this. It's more important for me that you can actually make Administrate a good server, not just playing it.

I support a change from PvP fully enabled to Half-PvP, being possible with the agreement of both parties.

Thank you for reading, if you did,

Andrew

To be honest I am new to this server but if you look at my play time on the server it's been like two weeks and I have a lot of play time on this server per day I had alot of fun so far only thing is that I haven't seen anyone dieing to pvp so I was kind of thrown back because I had fully charged wyvern gear not only that I had thorns 3 on all my pieces along with prot 4 blast protection projectile prot and last stand 2 with 100 levels (just killed the dragon in the end where the incident happened) now I had full red and yellow hearts filled up so I had probably 60 hearts of health est and for these kids to come up while I'm placing draconic blocks for the ritual and basically one shot me and two other people before we even knew what happened and broke our gravestones and tpd away is a f up thing to do so if they asked to pvp it would be different but if I was a new player looking for draconic ore and someone sat and spawn killed me and took my stuff I would be turned off and leave I think it isn't smart to have pvp because me being a sponsor I can spawn in the best pvp gear and go and kill people now there may be a rule about this but I feel like I've been on this server for a couple weeks and the people that killed us one said they have only been on for two months but if you saw their base you would assume that they have been on for like a year seeing how the server is on expert mode or they had stuff spawned in for them from other people because they have forcefields from the twilight forest and I don't think you can silk touch that,  they one shot dragons I've seen it so I usually know about weapons and modded minecraft but I have never seen a weapon that wasn't nerfed heavily because it would break the pack to one shot bosses so I would say pvp wouldn't have a benefit to the server but the whole situation was messed up from the start there are ways to make it /pvp so if you want to pvp you can I think if anything it should be like that. Like I said from a newer player it kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth if you worked as hard as we did to get wyvern gear and it's gone because some kids wanna cheap shot you and steal all of your hard work from you while you try to advance in the mod pack 

Also, Polls are useless. You should know this, Henkekalmar. People can just make new accounts and vote. Nothing is new, just same old stuff. 

Until you stop acknowledging what you're doing wrong and what's unfair, you're going to suffer backlashes. 

Not much is lost, though. Average TPS is 4 on this server. Anything we do on another server will probably equal a much lower amount of playtime to get where we got.

Pvp on the infinity server just doesn't make sense you would get no joy out of the server if you were a die hard pvper everywhere is protected with towny and practicaly Noone on the server Pvps and for those who try to progress in the mods wouldn't be able too because of how much work it is just to get to end game gear/worlds   in my honest opinion and they only ones that do are trolls trying to ruin other people's gameplay for fun if you want you can have pvp disabled but in one area maybe make a arena to protect newer players and still satisfy the pvp people 

AlphaMain here

I am not a fan of PvP unless in a controlled environment, like arenas or specifically marked areas.  Most people who join a server like FTB Infinity do so because they want to build and/or progress through the modpack.  They do NOT like some punk coming along and killing them and taking all their stuff just because they can.  When you have worked for a long time to get where you are, and some jerk comes along and steals your stuff because he/she doesn't want to bother making it himself - well, its a major turnoff to that server and people will rage quit over it.  If I want to play PvP I will join a faction server like my son plays on.  That kind of server is make for PvP and everyone knows it when they join.  Having towns and protection as we have it means PvP makes no sense, and I can claim a ton of chunks and never venture into the wild.  If I made wyvern armor and lost it to a punk who spawn camps for no reason than just because - well, I would be pissed and probably rage quit.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm just throwing in my voice here to say that I have not recently said anything about pvp being not allowed. Not once have I said that. However, I have said that tp killing and grave spawn killing is not allowed, as those fall under player harassment rules. Pvp has been allowed, what is not allowed is abusing it. I don't know how you misconstrued what I said to mean "pvp is not allowed" but there is no way I have said that at all in any of the recent months. Don't lie about what I say. i know what I've said and what I've meant to say. If anybody lies about that again, an official forum warning will be given. No more debates about this, or it will be removed from the conversation.

All asides aside, in the related portion of the topic, I haven't been a fan of pvp, but I understand that many people enjoy it, which is why it's an option, as it does tend to attract some players. I agree, managing players abusing their PvP privileges can be very difficult at times. Being killed by another player just for fun in this pack can be a very difficult chore, since it takes an enormous amount of time and effort just to be able to have even a bucket, and it's very annoying to have to remake everything you lost. Personally, I wouldn't mind if pvp was disabled on this pack, but also keep in mind that other people actually do want pvp, and ultimately, it's whichever side is larger (and with more money) that decides this.

liking it and actual doing it are to 2 difrent things, NONE of the people that voted for pvp i EVER actualy seen pvping, infact most of them arent or rarely play. its so fustrating to see even if it doesnt matter to me anymore that you guys are so stuborn to understand that the server is totaly NOT pvp modded at all, infact its modded as pve, if you guys make a pvp server then mak it it right becuase many people dont realize its even a pvp server, yeh its stated on 2 spots the banner and in rules. nothing else on the server relates you to pvp at all. infact pvp on a expert server, ive looked around if it comes to expert servers, there no servers at all with pvp. you know what i think im done trying to make a point. its all up to you guys now,

• Founder

After talking with staff about this, seems that we will add a pvp toggle system, so only who wants pvp will be able to pvp, and as of restrictions for sponsors for economy will return as it was before so they can use the economy for items that are not creative spawned, but if they will sell creative items then they will be banned from using the market. This will have to be coded first so we need some time as now we also work on some other projects

Archived