Has this server been abandoned?

iNKsta1n

I hardly stop by any more because the lag is SO horrible.  Has this server been abandoned?  It used to be that there were several active mods too at any given time.

Is it even worth playing here any more?

I see bruny acknowledged that there was a base creating lag, but that was weeks ago and still no reply.

It's not abandoned, but I do agree something needs to be done about this lag it's been occurring for awhile now. And that there should be more staff on at all times but timezones make it so we're all on at different times. 

But hopefully something will be done to help fix the lag as it is, It makes playing pretty tough with the low tps and timeouts. 

It is not abandoned and I am more than happy with the staff on Infinity evolved. They are active and they act quickly whenever someone needs help - like a refund request.

As for the lag we do what we can to battle that, we have profiling plugins that lets us scan for lag on the server- as for this latest problem and the lag we encountered it does not show up using this plugin... for some reason... but we still do what we can to battle it.

And Bruny did do something about that lagging base 

There is instability with any modpack

Well there are some mods that do cause instability to large servers that I pretty sure the Infinity Server has not banned yet and this might be the root cause of the lag problem. Also there isn't much staff on other than Manyouforgot he's the only staff I've seen on the Infinity Server otherwise it kinda does feel like the over all staff of Crafter's Land has abandoned the Infinity Server but I understand that it isn't "abandoned" and that you are doing you best to fix the issues that are going on with the server and that you are doing your best and constantly dealing with our complains isn't helping.

• Founder

Hi, we do the regular Monday Friday and Monthly maintenance as usual, we also know about the lag issues as we monitor servers performance. There are some bases that cause it, mainly is the poor mods code optimization and sometimes they work fine but sometimes they lag hard. I don't have the exact lag source location at this point as the profiler can't point to a precise area. We will have to keep trying. That base that was lagging at that point was fixed, or lag reduced to an acceptable level.

Archived