[Direwolf 1.12 Issue(s)] Spawners, Builders, and Server Lag

1. I have noticed from recent restart about a week or so ago from @brunyman that the draconic evolution spawners have been nerfed or horrendously slow. I have tested and having these spawners are pretty much useless for anyone. With a chaos Core, they won't perform well what so ever with the spawn rates they have. Was possible that these spawners were nerfed too much? Maybe. For whatever reason they are nerfed now, these should be adjusted a bit more or just remove them all together. Sad to see everything has to be disabled or removed from the server for such reasons or to do with lag.

2. I have heard Builders in other dims have worked before for the use of a quarry to mine out blocks. Is this another machine that was disabled for quarrying due to lag also? or just something on my part checked with other players and they no longer work for them either, they try to quarry but obviously, nothing is picked up or transferred to given chest. Is this another item I assume removed due to server performance, in nice terms, utter crap? 

3. Any new resolutions to some of the server lag also, relating to Direwolf and instability relating to all of the servers that crash or have bad TPS? 

3.1. Ever looked into a possibility of a new hosting server, is the fact most of the servers lag and have TPS issues at some point, with these being hosted on a dedicated server? 

Side Note: @brunyman check SuperKillking12 base on 1.12 The server was alright most of the day till immediately when he logged on, the server TPS dropped. Something to look into. And everyone complains the server is "crap" when I fly near his base to see whats up for lag. Had lag and check tab list and superKillking12 was on for presumably the first time today and server instantly lagged.

• Founder

Hi, we did a patch on draconic evo spawners as they were crashing the tps in some setups where you had like 100 mobs spawned and around 300 xp orbs dropped, the patch was designed to slow them down a bit but more to stop them if too many entities are near them. Can you tell me how much is it slowed down and what would be an acceptable rate? And if you have a setup please post the coordinates

For builders we didn't do anything, do you know when they stopped working?

Server is already hosted on a dedicated server with plenty of resources, under load we only use about half of the processor power, so any upgrade will not improve mc tps. And we are using a processor with high power per core at 4GHz,    i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz turbo at 4.2GHz

@brunyman I did have a setup that was working fine till there seemed to be chunk loading issues with the server along with the glitchiness of the spawners and wouldn't spawn without a player nearby for some reason. A wither farm broke and a wither got through the farm destroying some spawners. We got plenty of other spawns to test with. or even in creative testing, the chaos spawners has extremely slow spawn rates and I think might be same as the other spawners, like wyvern being reduced. I have since not used draconic evo spawners and left the farm untouched after the patch. 

Acceptable rate I see: 0 is no spawning and 10 is the spawners before the patch. And seeing the spawners now I see a spawner with the current patch at around a 3 or 3.5 and what it should be at is either with testing bc of some lag situations resolved with Supers base or other testing, either 10 as normal spawners or like a 6-7 type of testing. where they will spawn a bit faster. or maybe adjusted, (obviously cant see the configs or messed with DE configs myself) to where they spawn a with a certain amount of entities around, so it spawns them after a first wave is spawned and gone. or a little delay.

It seems that Draconic spawners are spawning less and at looks to be about 1% as often. It also appears that Industrial Foregoing mob killers have also slowed down significantly since my wither farm has maxed out the health bars on screen for minutes at a time between kills (which were instant before). Same slowdown is apparent on the rare occasion normal mobs get spawned from draconic. Is it not possible to completely stop individual spawners that have too many mobs in the same chunk/surrounding chunks?

Unrelated to that, I have a room with all the blaze types in draconic spawners but only the blazes ever spawn. Any idea why?

Archived