FPS issues | Infinity Evolved

Zanda

Haiya guys!
Just want to see if anyone has had this issue before.
I've been having really bad fps issues, I hold steady at 45-50 fps most of the time, with drops down into the high 20s.
Honestly wouldn't be too bad, if I was not using TWO, 1080 ti's in sli.
I've tried disabling sli, it does nothing, I've tried removing the sli bridge, nothing, tried lowering my resolution does nothing.

Thank you for any suggestions or fixes, I am at a total loss here.

-zax141

37 minutes ago, Andrew2070 said:

Not sure if these apply to IE but try em:

1. Add some Java Arguments to the launcher
  2. Increase RAM allocation
  3. Add optifine/fastcraft
  4. change video settings
  5. kill other ram/cpu intensive applications running?

No java args I've tried have done anything, sadly.
Pretty sure 32gb of ram is plenty for any minecraft install.
I also run fastcraft 1.25, optifine, and betterfps all in parallel.
And I use a mix of fast with fancy trees and water.
Nothing is ever going to stress my CPU, I've had 70 chrome tabs, and xcom 2 running in the background all the while not even touching my minecraft performance, so it was still in the 45-50 range.

9 hours ago, oppgold said:

is your GPU's and CPU up to date? if any updates, it may fix your problem.

What?
If you're talking about drivers, my nvidia drivers auto update every week.
And my bios firmware was updated last month, also running the latest chipset drivers.

If you mean hardware, https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/mRKFBP

17 hours ago, Andrew2070 said:

I have no clue why your MC is performing so poorly then,

Did you set rendering to multi-core? Some video settings are at fault here, it cannot be the pack itself...

Multicore rendering absolutely hates infinity, constant crashes, tile entities not rendering, some entities not rendering correctly.

I think the CPU is at fault here, Minecraft runs on a single core and since the average is around 2.6 GHz for your cores, Minecraft starts to struggle to work with that single core inside. Try asking people in the nvidea subreddit for some tips on increasing the clock speed

Don't go too hard on allocating RAM aswell, I've heard that MC becomes slightly slower since java doesn't utilize the RAM provided properly. Try limiting it to 6 gigs instead of 32

1 hour ago, Yusixs said:

I think the CPU is at fault here, Minecraft runs on a single core and since the average is around 2.6 GHz for your cores, Minecraft starts to struggle to work with that single core inside. Try asking people in the nvidea subreddit for some tips on increasing the clock speed

Don't go too hard on allocating RAM aswell, I've heard that MC becomes slightly slower since java doesn't utilize the RAM provided properly. Try limiting it to 6 gigs instead of 32

I agree, but you can change the java perms into tricking MC to use multiple cores.

15 hours ago, Yusixs said:

I run a daily oc of 4.2ghz, and can quite easily get 6 cores to 5gz.
But even with an all core oc of 4.6ghz I see no increase in fps.

I've also tried from 2gb to 64gb, each time with a stepping of 1gb.
I see no change from 12gb to 64gb, anything below 12gb cripples my fps when in chiseled bases and places with a lot of decocraft blocks. 

I also just want to say, and I mean no offence, But I'm no amateur.
I do this for a living, I'd of not of missed something as simple as my cpu having a low clock speed.
This is not a hardware issue, from what I can tell its either resolution and or java just being java and not liking a experimental config.

42 minutes ago, Lexylelelele said:

Tbh I have problems with vanilla minecraft lol. I have a GTX 1070 paired with an i5 6600k (3.5 ghz quad core). I have around 70-80 fps in 1440p, but I have a lot of drops (30 fps) without any mods. I feel you :(

also at a decent resolution it seems?

I run 3440x1440, but I get basicly the same fps at 4k and 2560x1440, might be a issue with how minecraft handles vram?
Will do some testing on this and get back.

Archived