SF3 Plugins

xRegency

Pretty simple, better plugins. Let's start with the auction plugin, there are many bugs that come with such a long command:

/ia [acceptbid/(auction)/{bid}/cancelauction] {Auctioneers username} {Amount/(Amount)}

The different parenthesis show in which order to type, now if that's not difficult for new players to figure out (if no one helps) the bidding system is also broken. No matter the price you auction the item you're selling, players can simply bid zero. And to add to that players can also spam chat by bidding the same amount as the previous player, but even though they bid last the player who bid that amount first gets the item. There's also been a new way of spamming chat with the system, a player can spam auctioning an item then canceling right after and then repeating. Honestly just getting rid of this system would be great, and adding a new one would be better.

Plugin #2
Clear lag, yes many players get annoyed by clear lag, but players also get annoyed by lag. Just removing the thousands of items from backlogged mob farms (or anything that drops a bunch of items) would improve the server's lag significantly.

Plugin #3
The Auction house, I know we have the /market but that also spams your chat and can get difficult to read since everything is jam-packed in a few lines. As show in the screenshot players can simply just look for the items they want, and there are more items in just one screen, also, and one of the better features, is that it has a time limit for items that are up in the auction house. This is so players wouldn't see dirt priced at a few grand in every page, and the final feature is that players can only sell a limited amount of items on there (I've mainly seen the limit being at one or two)

Thanks for taking your time to read,

-xRegency

auction house.PNG

The item auction is sadly the best plugin that the staff could find - and there's no good replacement - market doesn't even work - preventing us from deleting it. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Unlike vanilla servers, quite a bit of the lag doesn't come entirely from ground items. It also comes from stuff like huge reactors and cloche spam. Having a lagClear plugin might help, but it won't get rid of the lag entirely. 

I'm glad to see the auction house suggested. It's a great idea that we should implement. 

Archived