Direwolf1.12 Maintenance removes AE2 P2P links

Today I noticed that my AE2 P2P tunnels weren't connected anymore although correctly set up and working yesterday. Also the security terminal was basically disconnected from the network and had to be placed again.

In a discussion today it was clear, that this happens every week and is basically a common problem.

The assumption is that during maintenance the corresponding AE2 files get deleted.

It would be great if that was not the case as building without P2P tunnels would be annoying and recreating the link is too.

This happens at Continuum too, seems to be an AE2 issue that just randomly disconnects P2P links everytime a restart happens or at least when some restarts that aren't scheduled happen, I suggest having different Memory Cards to set them back up since there's nothing else we can really do yet but to wait for a fix. The security terminal getting disconnected or getting locked is a problem that happens at 1.12 servers too, it's just a matter of breaking and placing it back.

If you have any more questions about this issue feel free to reply :)

Thanks for your answer!

Hmm I'm not sure this is really about restarts and being a weird AE2 issue but if you tell me, that no AE2 files are touched during maintenance, I have to believe you.

This issue however doesn't happen for a week and survives many server restarts (I have been playing for one week about 14h/day), which led us to believe, that it's connected to the server maintenance.

And it would be weird that something basic like this is a AE2 issue nobody cared to fix because AE2 is an extremely mature mod.

More than being an issue that they wouldn’t care about it’s more of being a benign issue that barely affects gameplay, also seems to be isolated to multiplayer, tested AE2 in Singleplayer Cont and DW1.12 and both didn’t show any signs of losing the data. 

Making a fix would probably be overkill since, as you said, it only happens randomly and not at all restarts.

Best regards :)