Question regarding Skyfactory 2.5 backup

Hi and sorry to bother you! My name on the Skyfactory 2.5 server is MrBombastik. I wanted to ask you if there is any way to save my island map for offline use. (like if you could send me a link with my is map only, for download). If there is, I would be really grateful since I actually put a lot of years into what I created and I would like to preserve the map in case the server goes down or gets wiped. Thank you very much to the staff and keep doing the great work if have done until now. Hope to hear from you soon. MrBombastik.

I was also about to ask this question as well since I worked hard on my last island it got deleted and if I am able to recreate my Island again, I surely will have more exams to attend to so I would probably request for a save of the Island. Now I'm not sure about ME system but I think there is a schematic option in worldedit.

Every time the server is wiped,the staff usually posts a link to the whole offline map file for offline use.I think all the sf2.5 islands are in the same world,so just remember your coords.It is very unlikely that the staff will post the map before the wipe.

EDIT: I'm not sure they post skyfactory worlds

28 minutes ago, KnightSpirit said:

Every time the server is wiped,the staff usually posts a link to the whole offline map file for offline use.I think all the sf2.5 islands are in the same world,so just remember your coords.It is very unlikely that the staff will post the map before the wipe.

EDIT: I'm not sure they post skyfactory worlds

I actually read a post before where brunyman said it can be done if a player asks it (to get your is map). So idk.

• Manager

The Skyfactory 2.5 server hasn't had any wipes since the day it updated to this version (about 3-4 years ago). If you lost your island, it got wiped due to inactivity. You can ask for Island Rollback to a day you remember you had it, but note that the backups aren't long enough, due to space issues. (For example you can't ask to rollback your island to a state it was 3 years ago).

If it got wiped recently you can ask for a rollback to get it back, but i don't think you will be able to download it.

Island Rollback Request Template Link:

These are the 4 region files that cover your base, what you need to do is go into singleplayer, create a brand new world, exit the world, then go into like \Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Presents SkyFactory 2.5\saves\%WORLD_NAME%\region - and paste these 4 region files into that, then launch minecraft back up and then go towards your base coordinates (  -7168, 0 14336 )

You can use /tp if you are daring.

DISCLAIMER: I tried doing this on my own, teleport to the area but it would just put your client in a crash loop, it appears to have too much stuff over there for the client to be able to load it. It might be possible still if you approach it slowly and only load a few chunks at a time. BUT, if you cannot reach your island in single player without crashing, then there is nothing that we, Craftersland, can do to help that. 
Since for a server the load is spread evenly between the client and the server, where the server loads all the.. well.. maths. and the client loads the rest. When you put things into singleplayer it all of a sudden puts all the stress on a single unit, which might be too much for it to handle.

3 hours ago, Henk said:

These are the 4 region files that cover your base, what you need to do is go into singleplayer, create a brand new world, exit the world, then go into like \Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Presents SkyFactory 2.5\saves\%WORLD_NAME%\region - and paste these 4 region files into that, then launch minecraft back up and then go towards your base coordinates (  -7168, 0 14336 )

You can use /tp if you are daring.

DISCLAIMER: I tried doing this on my own, teleport to the area but it would just put your client in a crash loop, it appears to have too much stuff over there for the client to be able to load it. It might be possible still if you approach it slowly and only load a few chunks at a time. BUT, if you cannot reach your island in single player without crashing, then there is nothing that we, Craftersland, can do to help that. 
Since for a server the load is spread evenly between the client and the server, where the server loads all the.. well.. maths. and the client loads the rest. When you put things into singleplayer it all of a sudden puts all the stress on a single unit, which might be too much for it to handle.

Thank you very much! I will try it a little bit later. If you want, please remove the link now (I downloaded it) if you do not mind and close the thread. Tks again, have a nice day.

Archived