Current state of Assassins Craft

xDrews

About 2 years ago I already wrote a post similar to this one here and I decided to write an updated version now, as players are coming back on the server.

In the last post I wrote, i talked about the server in general, in this one, i’ll be concentrating on Assassins Craft, as it’s the most played one at the moment and the other game modes either are unplayed, so it won’t be worth talking about their problems or they don't have any problems. 

I saw a lot of new players join Assassins Craft in the last days and also saw some players returning, which i haven’t seen in years. I don’t really know what caused that amount of players to join the server, but i am happy to see the server having population again. Maybe its the general Minecraft hype that’s coming back due to more free time caused by the coronavirus or just because Assassins Craft is a unique gamemode that doesn’t exist on any other server.

Also there were a few smaller Content updates on the server like the Scythe armor and the opening of the Winter Village dungeons that are really liked by the community. 

Aside of all those cool things that are happening on the server right now, there still are things that need to be FIXED and possible SOLUTIONS, about which i will talk now:

Spawncamping:

• Now that there are a lot of players active in Assassins Craft again, we again have the problem that players with high level Equipment (Like diamond Armor etc.) are Spawn Camping and also following low level players and beginners out of spawn to kill them.

• To stop this from happening, there could be a sowan protection added, that allows people to go out of spawn and have like 10 seconds of in which they are unkillable and can’t deal any damage. With this we could:

1. stop people waiting at the spawn exit until someone leaves from killing them

2. give beginners the chance to exit the spawn and the city without getting attacked and killed.

Grappling Hooks:

BUG GOT FIXED

• Spoiler

• Since the 1.15.2 update, there is a bug that allows players to place their grappling hook on blocks by right-clicking them. I’ve seen many grappling hooks all around the map. A Grappling Hook costs 40’000$, which is a lot of money for some players, so it’s really annoying to lose it because of a bug.

• By fixing the plugin that makes all of the Assassins Gear possible, the bug could be fixed.

Fly PvP:

• Players with Sponsor or a higher Rank have the ability to use the /fly command to fly around the map. This feature also brings the problem that it can be abused to fight while flying in the air, which brings a lot of disadvantage to the enemy and ruins their gameplay. I know, it says in the rules that its forbidden, but why not directly do something in the game against it?

• My Idea would be, that whenever a player activates fly with the /fly command, he won’t be able to deal or take any damage. With this we could make Fly PvP impossible, because the player who is flying, can't attack anyone.

Sniper Rifles:

• In my opinion, the Sniper Rifles (Netherbricks) are too overpowered, especially the Epic and Rare ones, that can be found in dungeons. They deal 5+ hearts of damage on a player, who has Full diamond armor with every piece enchanted on Protection 4. the Rifle shots seem to ignore the protection enchantments on armor and do full damage, like they would do on aa unenchanted set of armor.

• Make the Rifles detect the enchantments the armor have and lower the damage on armors with Protection and Projectile Protection enchantments.

Scythes Armor:

First of all, thank you for bringing the armor back into the game.

• In its current state, the Scythe armor is a bit useless for the fact it has a 1% spawn rate and is only obtainable in 4 dungeons. Its a normal leather armor with unbreaking 3 on it, except its dyed. 

• NOTE: I don’t know if the armor is still being worked on.

• Giving the armor additional enchantments or potion effects would be a cool addition and the armor would be worth wearing in a fight.

For example:

• A slight regeneration effect that gives back health over time while wearing the armor. It increases with every armor part you’re wearing

• A high unbreaking enchantment, since it’s still a leather armor and it has a low durability

• Jump boost on the boots.

This post isn’t meant to show that the staff is doing a bad job, and it's not my intention to discourage anyone. I really appreciate all the things they are doing and i know that they have a lot of work to do with all the modded servers.

I think that was it for the moment and i hope it wasn’t a total waste of time to write that. Thanks to everyone who took their time to read this, and feel free to comment something if you like to.

EDIT: I don't know why everything is bold, i cant change it.

What I'm about to say is directed to brunyman and the Managers and isn't focused only on Assassin's Craft (Although it would be cool if it were indeed implemented). 

Okay, so. I'm sure that this has already been suggested before by others (including myself), but I would really rather play the PvP modes of the server in the 1.8 version. Despite the fact that there is already a plugin allowing us the change the combat system, we still do not have the same feeling as if we were to get if we played in that version (1.8).

Lots of things have changed since then, some of them being the way the fishing rod works and the sneaking animation. Both of those aspects and many more now have a different impact on the way players fight (the rod no longer deals knockback and it's not convenient to ninja-bridge with the new animation). My point is that the fact that CTW, Skywars and other games are in 1.14 (or something like that) discourages players from actually playing them. It's no good when you want to play a fast-pace game but a newer version doesn't allow you to. 

I don't know if what I'm asking for is possible but our community members would be pleased to play these PvP games in the correct version without any problem. This is my point of view. In terms of what I'm suggesting, I believe that PvP based modes (like CTW, Skywars, even Assassin's Craft if it's possible) should be reverted back to 1.8. Either way, that's all I had to say for now. If you listen to us, I'm certain that you'll have great results. You don't have anything to lose, so why not give it a shot? 

- Aris

Heyy, I said this on chat but wanted to let you guys know that we are listening and that this topic will be considered! Again, if someone wants to say something, all suggestions are more than welcome (of course if you are being respectful).

Regarding the Hook bug, it has been fixed! (If you want you can edit and hide it with spoiler)

About Spawn Camping, this is a really hard to solve topic. There are a lot of ways of dealing with it, none of them could be 100% effective and surely none of the solutions will make people happy. So yeah, if you have more ideas of what we could do with this, let us know! Also, here is a post from Jimmel talking about this: https://forum.craftersland.net/topic/20661-ac-v1-dealing-with-spawn-camping/

Thank you guys!

To Deal with the spawncamping problem, i thought about something like this:

I Tested it on singleplayer with a downladed spawn.

It gives you weakness and regeneration on level 30 so you cant really do damage or get any. when you get out of spawn the effect lasts 20 more seconds, which is enough to get out of the city.