Change for the better

Hello, my username is DaBe00593 for those that don’t know me I used to be staff, making this post isn’t easy for me as I’ve been a strong supporter of Craftersland sense 2018. But I believe that now is a vital turning point for Craftersland, but the events that unfolded in #Lobby on the discord really disappoint me.

I’ve thought about making posts like this in the past, but after being silenced in the lobby and having our opinions purged from the chat because we didn’t adhere to the same opinions as the staff. Unfortunately, the first thing I’d like to discuss is from Brunyman himself. 

http://ns539541.ip-144-217-10.net/tekkitbans/index.php?action=viewplayer&player=iim_an_idiot&server=0

The link provided is a permanent ban of one of Jasmine’s alts, and although I know this ban will most likely get scrubbed because it’s the owner of the server, but for brunyman to ban the use of the word “gay” and then use it so casually to insult a player is just a huge letdown for the future of this server.

And another topic id like to cover is the lack of training on staff, When I started staffing on Craftersland I was linked to a document to read then sent over to the Cl staff discord, and after I joined, I had no counseling whatsoever, and one of my first punishments was done improperly because of it, now although this could have changed since I was staff, I highly doubt it. And another note on staff etiquette is that the tier system should get a complete overhaul, one of the main topics is staff being inactive, and one of the biggest problems with inactive staff is that the response times of staff are slower and slower. When jasmine got into a staff account, I pinged tekkit on discord and it was at least an hour before someone did something about it, and another problem I see with the current staff structure is that Managers have the biggest job with that being inventory rollbacks, claim rollbacks, and stuff like that, and there is a limited number of managers, and posts get backed up because managers have life’s outside of Craftersland and then players get upset.

I’m not alone in this, and I’m sure there are a lot of other people who feel there are some things that should change, I created this post because I feel like Craftersland needs to change for the better,  

I staffed Craftersland for a while, and honestly my time there was great and all, but I noticed something I should of noticed earlier, the staff team isn't the same anymore.

Maybe it's the fact Henk's gone? No longer in charge of the staff team, or the constant back tracking.

It just recently took me to realise, CL staff team is ran like a communist community, and is probably the reaoson the community is crumbling, I miss what CL used to be enjoyable and fun, but currently it's turning into a dictator ran state, and I don't think I can stick around for it anymore. I miss how I could ahve fun with my friends outside of Cl without being punished inside, but it's what it is. I hope CL turns around and goes back to it's roots.

I personally think @Henk Needs to come back, he's a great born leader for this community, he kept everything in check, even when he was inactive, his presence within Staff Team was enough to keep us all going.

• Founder

Hi,

Since we started this community in 2011, going 10 years ago now, we had plenty of staff members and it's not the first time that retired members return claiming that they are supporters while they create different groups in the back called better craftersland or stuff like that and the real reason on such posts is to show how bad we are and just divide.

In the end this is a private Minecraft server, a collection of servers that are public and open for everyone to play on for free with a donation store to help keep it all running. As this is a game in the end staff will always change as jobs, kids and stuff like that become more important, let's not cry for the past as it will never come back, Minecraft itself is not the same. The nice thing about Minecraft and the diversity of private public servers is you can play on what server you like nothing will stop you from finding a better server.

We will continue to open new servers, running latest game versions while trying to keep the old ones still running as long as funds allows us to, we are aware of the issues handling staff on so many servers and we will take steps to improve moderation time.

I didn't know others hear me say gay so casually, but thanks to letting me know. I'm sorry is someone indeed felt insulted and I apologize. Taking things out of context to make it dramatic, pour Jasmine, after using hacked clients to grief spawn and troll other players and got banned on 10+ accounts and after he insulted in chat he got insulted back 1 time.

Hello, I thank you for your response, I would just like to make it known that the "real reason" behind this post isn't to "show how bad we are and just divide" the real reason for this post was because our opinions where being deleted from a channel, and so i followed the opinion of such staff members and made a constructive post about how I believe that some things need to change.

However when you bring up the topic of finding a better server, I'm sure there are other servers out there, its about the community on Craftersland that made me want to make this post to put my thoughts out there and to allow others to recommend stuff like change. this post isn't about crying for the past its about wanting a better future for the community. 

it means quite a bit that your willing to take the steps to improve moderation time and that your aware of the issues with your staffs ability to handle a situation, but saying you will take steps and actually taking those steps are two very different things, I will love to see some of that growth in the future.

And regarding you insulting a member, its not taking it out of context, no matter what jasmine did it doesn't mean that you have the right to insult them, that's like saying "Do what I say not what I do" which is a very ineffective teaching method especially considering your the owner of the server. your player base looks up to you to keep this server running. 

Thanks
-DaBe00593

";-; boohoo bad man said gay."

I was never one for political speak. It's the internet. If you get hurt or offended by words on a screen kindly leave the internet.

"Boohoo these volunteers are slow"

The server is free... Most of the staff work almost around the clock for some fancy colors in their name... Hell most of the servers are in offline mode. It costs you a big fat load of nothing to play here. I'd say a response time of 1 day ain't too fuckin bad. 1 hour?! That's pretty rad.

In conclusion cry more please. At the end of the day bruny is accountable to nobody, staff are free, and servers are free to play on. You want a nice sheltered world full of good christian boys and girls play SP. Im still here because chaos is fun. You don't get this kind of shit on hypixel or so.

Hello, Either way this post isn't about your actions as a whole and unfortunately I did step out of line with the last section in my post regarding your negligence so I do apologize, when you say "But he has rights to do what ever he wants" i assume your referring to jasmine, No they dont have the right to do what ever they want, and infact they actually stopped griefing because it wasn't actually accomplishing anything, but some good did come from it, because of what they did now prevents future rule breakers from using those glitches, and i don't say this to make them sound like gods because they aren't, they are just like everyone else

I created this post primarily because of the way staff are handling things because this posts didn't even get considered, this topic was locked and there was no reason stated for why it was locked, now there doesnt always need to be a reason but something is better than nothing.

8 minutes ago, Slit said:

I was never one for political speak. It's the internet. If you get hurt or offended by words on a screen kindly leave the internet.

The server is free... Most of the staff work almost around the clock for some fancy colors in their name... Hell most of the servers are in offline mode. It costs you a big fat load of nothing to play here. I'd say a response time of 1 day ain't too fuckin bad. 1 hour?! That's pretty rad.

In conclusion cry more please. At the end of the day bruny is accountable to nobody, staff are free, and servers are free to play on. You want a nice sheltered world full of good christian boys and girls play SP. Im still here because chaos is fun. You don't get this kind of shit on hypixel or so.

I thank you for your response on this topic however from how I'm reading this, it sounds as if you only created this to "stir the pot" 

I created this post so that way I could voice my current complaints with the server as it is and that's what I've done, I would kindly ask that this topic get locked to prevent this from going any further than it currently has because i feel that if this keeps going on it will lose its focus of what I started this for

Thanks DaBe00593

Nah I'm not here to stir the pot. I'm here to voice my opinion. The server will do whatever bruny wants whenever. He holds all the cards.

Ignore the spoiler I fucked something up.

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Slit said:

Nah I'm not here to stir the pot. I'm here to voice my opinion. The server will do whatever bruny wants whenever. He holds all the cards.

Ignore the spoiler I fucked something up.

Reveal hidden contents

Not really a community then is it?

Secondly, you seem to be a huge white knight, regarding the situation, do you know how fucked up staffing is at the moment? Literally it took 10+ retirements for Bruny to accept there's been a huge issue, bruny made managers do something, that was replace ranks, HELL WE DON'T HAVE THE NEW RULES LMAO, STILL NOT HERE, The community doesn't do shit or go anywhere, cause Bruny has to sign off everything, what the point is EPIC? What the point is Hen- Oh Right He's gone, which I wish he wasn't he provided stability and equal playing field, instead of certain people getting an upper hand against him. I miss Henk, I disliked him, but he ran CL really well. Staff aren't free one dude Duped on staff team, only got a warning instead of being punished according to the rules, then broke the removing GMC tag, still only a staff warning.

Staff are free? My ass, they're insanely restricted and hushed regarding their opinion.

In before the Managers close this for unconstructive, and silence opinions as per usual. As they like to do, I dare them, and It'll prove my point they're avoiding the point of being criticised.

Or hide this comment, I've got it screenshotted so I can prove that it was silenced ^^

:) 

I'm not trying to white knight here. I'm just saying it like it is. Yes bruny can do whatever the hell he wants. Most of the time it's in the servers best interest, hell most of the time he does a good job. My point is complain and cry all you want, CL will always be the same and I love it for that. I haven't been here for years on end for nothing, I haven't joined and left staff for nothing, I haven't helped build and enjoy servers for nothing. I do them because it's fun and they end up not being perfect. If everything was perfect then I would have no reason to play. No reason to make all the friends I have over the years. But if one day Bruny loses it and wreaks havoc on servers, makes a dumb rule, says "bad man words", or bans a specific item (he's done this one). What am I gonna do? Report him to the cops because "muh freedoms"? No. It's the internet. Nobody is entitled to anything unless you own it. Even then there are exceptions, legally anyways.

7 minutes ago, Slit said:

I'm not trying to white knight here. I'm just saying it like it is. Yes bruny can do whatever the hell he wants. Most of the time it's in the servers best interest, hell most of the time he does a good job. My point is complain and cry all you want, CL will always be the same and I love it for that. I haven't been here for years on end for nothing, I haven't joined and left staff for nothing, I haven't helped build and enjoy servers for nothing. I do them because it's fun and they end up not being perfect. If everything was perfect then I would have no reason to play. No reason to make all the friends I have over the years. But if one day Bruny loses it and wreaks havoc on servers, makes a dumb rule, says "bad man words", or bans a specific item (he's done this one). What am I gonna do? Report him to the cops because "muh freedoms"? No. It's the internet. Nobody is entitled to anything unless you own it. Even then there are exceptions, legally anyways.

I don't care he said gay, my issue isn't with Bruny, it's with the management team, that are incorrectly dishing out bullshit situations

Eih, as the saying goes "boys will be boys". I used to have an issue with the moderation team on the server I played on. So I gained influence and rank and fixed it. If you want to fix something then try. There's no harm in trying.

1 minute ago, Slit said:

Eih, as the saying goes "boys will be boys". I used to have an issue with the moderation team on the server I played on. So I gained influence and rank and fixed it. If you want to fix something then try. There's no harm in trying.

I said management, not Moderation. Can you read?

16 hours ago, brunyman said:

while they create different groups in the back called better craftersland or stuff like that and the real reason on such posts is to show how bad we are and just divide

It was Betterland smh

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2021 at 6:28 PM, Slit said:

He is right, Its hard on us when we have our own life's. We don't get paid for this we are volunteers, Most servers only have around 3 mods/ helpers to deal with stuff. Commonly we will also have to wait on a manger for inventory resets and others.  Thank you for pointing this out and defending the moderators of this community. 

• 3XJ locked this topic