[Crafter's Land] [Post Blast Modpack]

Andrew2070

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this ModPack as a server on Crafter's?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What do you think of this ModPack?

• Amazing
    • Nice
    • Bad
    • Terrible

Wai whu? Why? Why u remove icbm? Sorry bro but Ima have to bail on this pack now ;(

Edit: rm removed computercraft so I dunt laek his pack either now :( both of u gotta add something cool to make up for the removed (open computers not gonna cut it)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CC and OpenComputer? Cool. (OpenComputer is for nerds. you need to craft hardrives, graphics, processor, RAM, monitor display pixels Oh, and SERVER HARDWARE! *cough* i no idea lua or whatsoever)
Also i like this, I'l dig underground base and add more layer block of bedrockium, diffierent locations to exit. (I have idea underground desgin from anime "Kateyo Hitman Reborn" at 50 episode beginning 10 years future)
I am this prepared modpack. (SP is no fun for me. but MP is more fun)

Current News:

Well my pack works fine on my shitty hp as a server with minor tweaks.

I will be attempting to have it tested it out on an actual borrowed "Server".

I already have previous configurations for Factions and other plugins.

McMod will be contributing the Crafter's PEX list for me to use.

We are looking into expanding our range of Magical Mods.

Expected MAJOR Plugins:

-AuthMe

-Essentials

-Factions

-FactionMobs

-BroadCaster

-BetterBlood

--[[For Testing]]--

Next Update Guideline:

--To work on installing AcademyCraft, as it makes you turn into IronMan.

--Install Modular Force Field Systems, so that players can protect themselves more.

--Update OptiFine to latest/newest version.

--Update FML to latest, to make it faster.

Our Test Server is complying fairly well with the latest version of the pack.

I tested a series of nuclear explosions and the server was able to render 24 out of 36 without problem.

Currently working on permissions and plugin configuration, the PostBlast team has one more trick up our sleeve.

Not sure what the deal is, but Rei's Minimap does not show up at all in the UI for your pack. This is a fresh brand-new install of 4.1.2 on a Mac, and you can see here it's enabled and everything in options, but no map shows up: http://imgur.com/a/Ss1dF

Its because of some bug with REI's, and i forgot to replace it with journey.

Which i will be doing in my next major release, one that fixes everything and adds more so no more updates are required.

Update 4.2.0 Released!

Changelog:

Added:

AcademyCraft

AE2 stuff (addon)

Botania

ProjectE

EnderTech

LomdaLib

JourneyMap

PowerConverters

StatusEffect Hud

Thermal dynamics: recycling

RfTools

McJyTyLib

Updated:
Mekanism

Project Red

Thermal Dynamics

Minecraft Forge

BDLib

~Forgot to Update Version Number in Custom Main Menu~

Notice to run the pack you must have Java version 8 installed.

The pack will no longer work with Java 6, 7 or any previous builds.

Please update to the latest version of Java 8 to use the pack.

Java 8 brings many benefits such as faster boot time and enhanced FPS.

Thank you for playing!

To address the controversy of how we would utilize this pack on a server:

The Post Blast server would work like any other Modded Server except it would replace Mytown with Factions. Now to make this work, we would place rules in the server, marking what is/isn't legal. 

We would also ban grenade launchers, rocket launchers, any kind of method to destroy other factions from outside. However, we would not disable guns, snipers and other weaponry that can be used to kill players/entities in the claim. This would allow for PvP in claims, but no damage to terrain.

Through this process, players would be entitled to safeguard their land on THEIR OWN.

Thus forcing them to build far away from each other, build underground, and build less attractive things they cannot defend. This would help bring Server Lag down to a minimum as people wont make lag machines or quarry holes everywhere, and people would be encouraged to vote to buy ammo/guns.

Players can also donate to buy a "Peaceful" setting for their faction, this way Brunyman makes money, and the server would be able to offer an option for those that do not want to be involved in any raids or to be raided by other opposing factions. A kind of "Switzerland" package that users can donate for.

We could also implement other tools within command signs located at spawn, and sell all kinds of kits.

Players could donate or vote to buy weapons in spawn so that they may protect themselves earlier on in-game. Players could also be provided a single gun and a single clip of bullets as a kit to help them survive.

As for Factions, Administrators would have access to bypass so as to delete, or edit factions.

That way the Admins can control the legalities of Factions and prevent any kind of "Unfairness".

All in all, whatever the server cannot do the Staff can, thus increasing motivation as well as increasing Staff Count. This would in turn bring happiness as active staff can stop rule breakers/abusers just as they do on Tekkit. Plus with overlapping mods with FTB, there will be more experienced players playing too.

So rage quitting cause someone sniped you, should not be a problem

As for spawn protection, simple world guard region protection + Faction Claim + prevention of guns.

Thats how i see it would work on a server scale.

Interesting. (Excuse me. I don't have time left there's still do homework and exam, sorry.)

What i do to do my list:  
1. -Builds underground base it's enough to make obsidian protect yourselves.

2. -RFTools to prevent entering players into my base, so i won't griefing my ME drives.
3. -Further mining more as making block of bedrockium. I guranteed in 1 year without damaged my base.
     Or? Alternative make a Force Field Emitter As long you've got enough power to make protect yourselves.
4. -Making the end game "High Tier" RFTools, Force Field Emitter, ComputerCraft, Gun automation machine by controlled ComputerCraft.
5. -Congratulations! You've got 100% protected your house.

I'm concerned now with this pack containing 179 mods, which in my opinion is huge. I understand if they're all required to meet your pack's needs, but this is over 25 mods bigger than both FTB and SkyFactory. To me it just feels like legacy mods from Tekkit, plus mods from FTB and SkyFactory, all thrown together into this pack. I'd personally recommend you go through your mods folder and evaluating whether each mod has a purpose to stay in the pack, but that's just my two cents.

Also, Menu scaling still doesn't work right when the GUI scale is set to large. You can see the version text collides with the buttons and the Post Blast text is completely cut off: http://i.imgur.com/S0amAga.png

Why would people donate for the "Switzerland" package when they can play on another one of our servers with greater protection? The factions plugin is bound to have claim bypasses too, if not more than you'd get with MyTown.

"So rage quitting cause someone sniped you, should not be a problem"

You sure about that? The lack of real protection unless you donate won't make the server very attractive for new players.

Finally, you do know that ProjectE needs a massive amount of configuration to make it not excessively op, right? By default you can literally get EMC from the sun to dupe items with.

Addressing Rmtwork's Concerns:

The Mod Count:

The Post Blast Team and myself feel that mod count does not matter as long as stability can be achieved, through this process we have located and introduced newer mods as well as the older and their updates to the 1.7.10 version of our ModPack. I am not a mindless maniac adding almost 200 mods for no reason, i configured/added them all according to my needs. However, i allocate 2/6 GB to the Pack and it runs fairly smoothly, never maxing out memory and offering me 60-100 fps. The server runs the pack with 3 GB and does not crash as often as it did back on 1.6.4, plus we have optimized it for stability. All in all the pack can be run by anyone with a shitty PC and 2 gigs of ram, if i can run it that means anyone can run the pack.

[iI] The Custom Main Menu:

There is a bug with the Auto setting for the GUI, however McMod and i were able to fix the settings for Large, Tiny and Normal. As long as you dont play with the GUI scaling option, the pack will default have large enabled, which scales to fit the screen. Only Auto has a bit of a bug where it scales to fit my Mac screen and not everyone elses whom have bigger/smaller screens. This can be fixed in a future release, once McMod has the time to parse more of my JSON code.

[iII] Factions:

The point of having factions over MyTown is to give players more "Freedom", it encourages them to be more "Active" amongst their members, as everyone wants to guard their "Nation", and not have to login and see it in ruin because someone machine gunned it. Thus server activity would go through the roof as a result of installing factions, and like any other plugin it has its limitations as well.

~Factions cannot stop all kinds of bypass, but that is what the staff is there for, to stop unstoppable abuse.

• Rocket launchers, explosive blocks, tanks, grenades and explosive ammo all banned by server.
  • In-Faction grief not allowed, you are not allowed to betray the faction that you are a member of.

• You are not allowed to set homes in other peoples bases, this is a common problem on Network.

• You are not allowed to Bug Abuse, which practically clarifies all kinds of stuff in the server rules.

• You cannot Kill anyone in spawn, being caught doing so will sentence you to a jail (Network)

• Drawbridges, IC2 Nuke, ic2 nuclear explosions, ThaumCraft fires, Witchery grief potions banned.

These would be the main restrictions players would have to face on the server, however they can still use guns/fighter jets/swords. I think its a pretty fair trade, as well these are restrictions we have on some of our servers already, why not enforce them here?

The staff can aid and assist in these matters, and PowerWarp can recruit a larger group of Staff Members to help out as well. They can handle reports which i'm sure there will never be a shortage of when and if the pack is hosted here on CL.

[iII] Rage Quitting:

Players that are experienced will play on the server, others whom are not interested in PvP can go and play on FTB/Tekkit. The server would have a disclaimer at spawn suggesting that if you are not capable of handling frustration, it is not for you. And That any disruptive behavior caused by legal and fair frustration such as being killed, will not be tolerated. Even so, we don't see many players raging or crying on Tekkit because they got power fist killed, etc. This is not much of a problem as well, there is the option of kicking ragers or even banning them for server hate. Plus, guns are easy to make they just require raw materials and a bit of time mining and resourcefulness. Players would be responsible with their lives, and would have to defend themselves by themselves. That is essentially what was covered in the previous section addressing your issue with factions.

[iV] ProjectE:

I added it based on reference from someone a long time ago, i had dismissed it before by having equivalent exchange installed, but added it to test it out, it hasn't quite met my standards and i may remove it in the next release.

My FeedBack:

My Pack is pretty much obsolete, and there is no use arguing with me over small bugs/issues it has.

I know the anatomy of my ModPack, i know its purpose, and i know all its capabilities quite clearly.

If you have any issue concerning the viability of my pack, feel free to post them, but i know my pack best.

You seem to think i'm an idiot that does not know what he's doing, on the contrary i've been at it for 2 years.

Ive brought this failed project through thick and thin, polishing it to making it one of my best inventions.

No one seems to have any issues with the content of my pack, much less having any issue running it.

You can check out the discussion page of my pack, see what i mean by the feedback i received.

Thanks, 

~Andrew2070/2060

• 4 weeks later...

[update [Feb/23/2016]: Post Blast ModPack is now V4.3.0]

Version 4.3.0 of Post Blast brings a whole new range of items, blocks and planets to explore!

We have also changed a lot of in-game settings and made the pack much more user friendly.

Explore a new solar system and fight/experiment against new aliens on more volatile planets.

IC

Specifics:

[1] Added:

-MorePlanets Add-on for GalactiCraft (Adds 4 more tiered rockets, new solar system, more planets/items).

-ZyinsHud v.1.3.9 for MC 1.7.10 (Cool new customizable HUD, allows for all kinds of on screen displays).

-VoltzEngine (Required for new ICBM version).

-ArsMagica 2 (Re-added now that it is updated to 1.7.10)

-AnimationAPI (Added as required by Ars Magica 2)

-Advanced Genetics (New Addition!)

-NuclearCraft (All new nuclear reactors - New Addition)

-FusionWarfare (All new weapons and machines)

[2] Updated:

-GalactiCraft Updated to Latest Version (Fixed multiple bugs, added new options, bit more specifics).

-Mekanism Updated to Latest Version (Not Sure about the changelog).

-Computronics updated to Latest Version (Not Sure about the changelog).

-ICBM updated to Latest Version (2 days ago) (Apparently added more missiles but not much).

[3] Removed:

-MystCraft Removed (No need for it with RFTools and other dimensions such as the new GC planets).

-ProjectE Removed (Never going to use it for a server side economy anyway, plus ic2 coins work).

Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/8t5DJ

More updates to follow, thank you for reading!

~Post Blast Team.

Archived