[Crafter's Land] [Post Blast Modpack]

Andrew2070

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this ModPack as a server on Crafter's?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What do you think of this ModPack?

• Amazing
    • Nice
    • Bad
    • Terrible

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This modpack seems great but the only thing that concerns me is of bees.  Bees are scary.  They sting you and irl, they don't make enderium and hard stuff.  I like, no I love making tinkers construct tools and then I don't have to enchant everything because I just need to find lots of redstone and stuff = no mining.  (I mean crafting)  Perfect for a pack where the idea is to get blown up every week or so do to there not being any protection plugin.  However, it is a favorite pasttime of mine to blow up bees with ICBM missiles... so there is that.  I'd be curious as to how many shovels there are in the game.  I might have to play it through sometime.  I'll try not to lose them in a nuclear explosion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahahaha :)

ICBM got severely setback after its original author (calclavia) discontinued it.

It was recently updated to 1.7.10, but is now a pointless mod because it's literally like basic artillery.

All you can do is fire missiles at a max range of 8000 blocks, that can do the following effects:

• Blow a 3x3 hole in the ground (spherical)
  • Set Fire to a 5x5 area (square)
  • Few other stupid things in it.

However, i went ahead and got myself opencomputers, mekanism, +few more.

Indeed, this looks like a great pack, i'm just wondering how will it work on a multiplayer server, what protection system should protect the bases from missile attacks, will mytown work?

You won't be able to stop missile attacks on player bases.

Unless you disabled ICBM or have the bases be in alternate dimensions with no portals or other such mods allowing them to travel to that dimension.

ICBM is fun to play with alone, or with friends privately. But in a open world mass multiplayer server it has no place. The new players will get rekt by anyone already with missiles. Maxstripe with missiles = R.I.P. server.

Spawn would be rekt etc. Unless ofcourse as i said, alternate dimensions. Then what, how large of a area does each person get? how do they travel around? It doesn't workout as a multiplayer server to me.

Edit: the ICBM mod can be looked at like the SPAMR launcher. The SPAMR requires the player to be at the target while the ICBM is able to remotely launch. Both bypass all towns. Both cant be stopped. ICBM is more incognito and also much much more destructive than the SPAMR Launcher.

On tekkit we have the SPAMR disabled and still players finding creative ways to bomb towns and spawn.

On FTB the players use magic to grief. Even FTB staff town got raised into the air then bombed.

Not that post blast isnt a good pack. But for a mass multiplayer server and have players want to stick around on it and play with being bombed by ICBM all the time I dont think many would want to be around very long. Deffinitely would have to disable ICBM or at the very least not allow donators with gm1 to use the missiles because on day 1 the others would be bombarded. And the world would be pretty much demolished to bedrock.

* UNLESS each world was in its entirely own dimension. Like give each player a town in its own rift world or a ae spatial storage. And have signs for them @ spawn they can tp to their home and /sethome

Then @ spawn have the portals to the deep dark, and the end.

This way they can mine and stuff. But then what? I dont have much else after that. Their towns would be untouchable. Unless they let someone into it. And without mystcraft you cant have a portal to the town. So it would be safe atleast.

But I think its more practical to disable ICBM and have 1 overworld like we do already.

@donvanblahblahblah

Several grief prevention plugins including grief prevention, world guard, and i believe factions automatically stop missiles but grenades are a different story

You have to stop looking at everything as a towny server, this would be perfect for factions

Indeed, this looks like a great pack, i'm just wondering how will it work on a multiplayer server, what protection system should protect the bases from missile attacks, will mytown work?

Thanks!

Having MyTown Installed would protect against petty grief, attacks and bug abuse like on Tekkit and FTB.

However what our modded servers lack is advanced PvP, because the new rules place restrictions on Tekkit

and FTB has keepInventory enabled, thus making PvP something pretty useless as nobody really leaves their town.

Here is how i see it could work:

We choose two options, either go Factions based (Pro-Pvp) or MyTown based (Passive PVP).

[1] MyTown2: 

• Protect Against everything, but we disable the ICBM mod, and only guns can bypass claims.
  • Make it like the Old Tekkit, where weaponry bypasses claims, so only what you drop can be taken.

[2] Factions:

• We Install Factions and give a clear warning that your stuff is not protected against modded bypass.
  • Thus any small glitches with wrenches and all would allow people to steal certain machines from you.
  • Hence people will hide their factions deep underground or far away from other people (to be safer).
  • People can also setup all kinds of traps like sentry-guns, automated CC's which control drones etc.
  • Raiding would allow people to use their guns and weaponry like snipers, etc to attack claims.
  • However, we ban all the rocket launchers, grenades so that no one can blow stuff up from far away.
  • Everyone wants this system, where there is enough protection, but not too much protection.

I think we should go More Factions based, and can disable mods for the server wherever required.

IF you decide to use the pack, i can add the IP into ALL the clients, (into 7000 peoples computers).

They can then simply click multiplayer, and the IP address would already be there for them to click on.

Thanks in advance.

Personally both ideas sound great, but there are a few things I want to point out here:

1. I know one of our big target audiences for something like this for Factions would be players on Network playing Space Factions, but how many do you think would be willing to come from Network to a Modded Server, as well as have a PC strong enough to support a fairly big pack like this one?
  2. The 7000 downloads is just all time downloads, I wish Technic had this but they have no way to track downloads over time, so I wanted to point out the pack only has 7000 total downloads since summer of 2015. Also doesn't exclude players who downloaded it, their PC couldn't run it, or they didn't like it, so they no longer play the pack.
  3. MyTown doesn't have any ICBM protection code, so ICBM will have to be disabled or there isn't any real way to protect against the mod.

Im debating on whether or not to add the following

-ArsMagica 2

-ThaumCraft (+Addons)

-Mystcraft

-Blood Magic.

-Witchery

I was thinking of making it into a game of several options,

use knowledge to build yourself a variety of machines, arsenals or tamper with dark magic and control enemies.

New Description would be :

Times have changed... The world is once what it was long before the war. Knowledge is success, but how will you use it? To master the art of darkness? Or rebuild an empire with industrial ingenuity. The choice is your's....

Then pack would be mess,it wold look like you have put bunch of mods in one place without any reason.There wouldnt be any order,it would be like FTB.

Personally both ideas sound great, but there are a few things I want to point out here:

1. I know one of our big target audiences for something like this for Factions would be players on Network playing Space Factions, but how many do you think would be willing to come from Network to a Modded Server, as well as have a PC strong enough to support a fairly big pack like this one?
  2. The 7000 downloads is just all time downloads, I wish Technic had this but they have no way to track downloads over time, so I wanted to point out the pack only has 7000 total downloads since summer of 2015. Also doesn't exclude players who downloaded it, their PC couldn't run it, or they didn't like it, so they no longer play the pack.
  3. MyTown doesn't have any ICBM protection code, so ICBM will have to be disabled or there isn't any real way to protect against the mod.

Reply to #1:

You target a passive, peaceful and "Builder" type audience, i target a war mongering chaotic                                 audience. Players dont necessarily have to move from one server to another, we could get new ones too!

Aside from that, my shitty mac can run the pack at a constant of 70 fps, so anyone could run it.

Reply to #2:

We started trending about two months ago, which is why i revived the pack, we went up from 2500.

Plus, the runs that happened are fairly recent, around last month they went up from 12000 to 17000.

Reply to #3:

ICBM got nerfed, I was going to remove it anyway, but left it in to continue the legacy of the pack.

I'd be a little worried running 2 custom packs at once, I feel like they'd be cannibalizing each other's audiences because our packs do have some fairly significant overlap in mods and such. I guess we'll have to see if Bruny would like to run 2 dedicated servers at once. If not, maybe we can have a "trial run" of like one month on each pack to see popularity.

Also, you'll need to do some work on your main menu. At GUI Scale Auto the "Post Blast" text is cut off, and at GUI Scale Normal the background doesn't scale to fit the window properly. See what I'm talking about here: http://imgur.com/a/EY5hD

Also I can't say how fast the pack will be outside of your PC, because your pack has 161 mods in it with version 4.1.1. Our FTB and SkyFactory servers have just over 150, so I'm still concerned about how many people would actually be able to run the pack in our target audience. 

Also, you'll need to do some work on your main menu. At GUI Scale Auto the "Post Blast" text is cut off, and at GUI Scale Normal the background doesn't scale to fit the window properly. See what I'm talking about here: http://imgur.com/a/EY5hD

Also I can't say how fast the pack will be outside of your PC, because your pack has 161 mods in it with version 4.1.1. Our FTB and SkyFactory servers have just over 150, so I'm still concerned about how many people would actually be able to run the pack in our target audience. 

Im working on the GUI currently, it was quite messy at first as JSON is not my specialty.

The mistake i made in my frustration was that i forgot to enlarge the image and center it.

So that when MC stretches it out, the entire thing will stretch out on its own.

Not sure why it doesn't work well on windows, it auto scaled on my mac somehow.

Will look into it and run some more testing later on, for now skype me.

Icbm missiles is a projectile I believe. Any plugin that disables projectiles in claims should disable this... I can do some tests when I get time

My town has severely updated since 1.6.4 and the 1.7.10 version disables explosions in claims but I rly don't want this to be another town server tbh this pack has lots of potential

@rmtworks

I still think your pack is cool and all as a update for tekkit but this has potential to be a brand new seperate server for players who don't want to be restricted by anti griefing rules

My opinion is that we Replace tekkit with rmtworks pack and we test out a 1.7.10 modded factions server with Andrews pack. Tekkit is so old that it's not even featured in the launcher anymore and I ( I believe I speak for other players when I say this) am bored with tekkit. I mean I completed the pack like 5 times now and it's a cycle

Join on restart> complete tekkit by going to Mars within month> get bored and kill players> take a 2 month hiatus> come back and get bored so plays around with glitches and stuff> get banned> join ftb or skyfac> repeat

I totally understand that as a less restricted server option, my concern is about player base though. Because in the end any of our servers need a stable player base to help fund and keep the server open. One of the major target audiences of this pack would definitely be Space Factions on the Network server, but with players going from 0 mods on Vanilla to 161 with this pack, who knows whether their mind and their PC could handle it :P Also with little protections, new players will face a difficult time versus the experienced ones which have all the resources to wipe out any new player they wish.

One of the major target audiences of this pack would definitely be Space Factions on the Network server, but with players going from 0 mods on Vanilla to 161 with this pack, who knows whether their mind and their PC could handle it :P Also with little protections, new players will face a difficult time versus the experienced ones which have all the resources to wipe out any new player they wish.

It is a proven fact that factions gets the most players. I've never been on space factions but from reading the forum posts it looks like it sucks, no obsidian destroyer, no betrayal, no cobwebs? If this will be a thing craftersland needs to get some faction experts to help them.

No one cares about the noobs in factions give em some gear, a sword and send them into the wild survival of the fittest

It is a proven fact that factions gets the most players. I've never been on space factions but from reading the forum posts it looks like it sucks, no obsidian destroyer, no betrayal, no cobwebs? If this will be a thing craftersland needs to get some faction experts to help them.

No one cares about the noobs in factions give em some gear, a sword and send them into the wild survival of the fittest

Those players that you call "noobs" are actualy one of potential donators.And remember everyone starts as noob at some point so you are not better than them. ;)

Those players that you call "noobs" are actualy one of potential donators.And remember everyone starts as noob at some point so you are not better than them. ;)

so what do you propose? No one kills each other on a FACTIONS server?

Jesus, this post is not meant to start a fight nor is it meant to undermine each other.

Rmt i understand the hype, but c'mon man you haven't seen me compare your pack with "The 1.7.10 Pack"... As for everyone else, lets look for the best option for the community, it doesn't matter if one or both packs are hosted. As long as we can all have some fun on a brand new modded server, there is no need to argue about which pack is better.

(Clearly mine is :P)

i haven,t installed and tryed the pack yet, we will have world domin. soon, i,l see this week when will i get the new dedicated server, but i was thinking that this pack has something different? or doesn,t?

This Pack has Flans Mod, more advanced Dark Magic (meant for PVP).

The Pack is designed for PvP, It is like PureSurvival on Network, you know with the sponges.

We offer guns/swords/weapons, but nuclear missiles no longer exist, nor do any weapons of mass destruction.
We also offer tanks, fighter jets, aircraft, helicopters, and what not (which can be disabled if required).
People want a chance to have some risk, as risk gives thrill and thrill leads to happiness most of the time.
All in all my pack is the ultimate design of all the latest tech/magic mods for the concept of Chaos.

Sure it has some graphical bugs, and compares fairly with FTB.
But the reality is that it is not FTB, and that bugs can be patched, plus i have no issue configuring the pack for CL standards.

Updating to V4.1.2:

GUI Fix/Improvements:

9BUOL1w.png

~Scaling fixed, GUI now fits all three modes, Normal, Auto and Large. (Tiny is just too tiny but it works too).

FPS Improvements:

• Better FPS Mod Installed, changes Minecraft processing math to make it more efficient.
  • Changed Settings and made them optimal for an average of 100 fps with a shity pc.

Lesson:
Don't use macs to edit JSON files.

~Improved the graphics too, would never have done this if RmtWorks hand not pointed it out!

~Big Thanks to RmtWorks for the feedback!

Archived