[POLL] New rank for FTB IE

Timur

Should new rank be added?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Only PREMIUM+ and SPONSOR can vote!

• Yes, I want to have separate LEGIT rank, no cheats.
    • No, I don`t see reason to add this ranks.
    • I`m not sponsor, so show me result.

I noticed a small problem with Sponsor`s ranks on FTB IE server. Usually people who support our servers want to play game EASY way. They want to spawn stuff, and enjoy Multiplayer experience. Sometime they start game as legit player. Sometime they even complete modpack 100% legit. But later, they start spawning in stuff, because it`s fun. On EASY (dw20, SF, tekkit) modpacks it don`t cause any problems. But at hardcore modpack, it is a problem.

You say, what`s the problem? Isn`t Sponsor payed theyr money becase they WANT to be able spawn stuff?

The unswer is... not always.

Sometime people support server, because they WANT to support it. But at same time they WANT to play a game, without cheats. Legit way. I respect that kind of people. But, ability to spawn stuff, sometime VERY tempting. Especially when you struggle. And if you spawn stuff... dat`s it... your game is ruined.

FTB Infinity Evolved, Expert mode is ALL about struggle. People SUFFER playing this modpack. But, that`s is a reason why they play this modpack. The more you struggle, the more satusfaction you get in result. A bit BDSM, isn`t it?

I`m making this POLL to collect Supporter`s oppinion about, do they want to have \gm 1 and \i, or they want to play a game as LEGIT player, without access to cheats.

People without rank, don`t bother to vote, because i can see what names voted. Your votes will not be counted.

As @QuartzWitch suggested below , @brunymancan add 3 new ranks [PL+], [SL] and [SL+]. They got same permissions as Prem+ and sponsors, but without Item spawning abilityes. Also, this rank can trade any items in auction, and live with anyone in town. Like all legit players do. Changing Sponsor probably should be free of charge, or maybe some small fee for Brunyman`s work. That`s not for me to decide. Transfering SL rank to other server doesn`t mean you can`t get you cheats back.  You don`t need to pay for SL rank.

S and SL is totally EQUALL, exept cheats.

I'm way out of my depth here, however technically speaking, that would be a ton of ranks for nothing. I get where you're coming from, really. Thing is, Sponsors will always be Sponsors, and so will money. Restricting donors' permissions or introducing another rank at a different price point would probably cause turmoil, as it still wouldn't stop people from buying the fully featured one with access to creative mode, and would make existing IE Sponsors uneasy. You can't just trash that and revoke those privileges entirely. It's up to each donor individually to decide whether they'll be playing the game legit or not. As it should be, so long as it doesn't ruin the server, the economy and others' experience. All I'm saying is, there's more to consider here. It's not as simple as introducing just one more rank hoping people will stop cheating.

I don't see a large issue with this, if people want their creative mode and NEI revoked they will ask for it on the forum, and get it approved.

If anything I would want to see the possibility of something like S-(as quartz say) already in the donation shop. Only thing that's excluded from sponsor+ is the access to cheat. I don't think creative mode should otherwise be globally revoked. Players have bought Sponsor and Sponsor+ because of the gamemodes and there would be outrate. Changing perks for a donation rank is always tricky, and much more so if you're removing stuff.

Even if we are to add a S- rank, I still think it'd be more work for bruny for everyone that changes their mind, " I want to transfer to S+ now, I'm sick of S-" rather than the - yet - two that has requested their permissions to be revoked.

Well, that means i made my POLL wrong. This poll whould be about adding SL rank to server. Not limiting S ranks. Probably this topic should be closed?

Also, don`t call them S-, like if it`s less then S or S+.

I`d say PL+ SL and SL+, where "L" means Legit. Which os more respected then just "Pay to win". Especially on hardcore modpacks like FTB IE.

And about changing ranks back and forward. People do it all the time moving ranks from one server to another. Maybe @brunyman can make so it happens automaticaly. Like he did with daily chests in shop.

No, that'll be messy, just explain it at the top of your first post and edit in some large bold text in some other colour. Can't be missed. 

But my general opinion is that this would be very messy, and really not required in any way. requesting removal of permissions is as easy as requesting permissions.

With that being said, anyone who spends time reading this topic will know what it's about, I don't feel it's necessary to make a whole new topic.

The only idea of this new rank, is to "show the world" what this particular players decided to play legit AND support server.

The whole idea of supporting server without selfish motives. Also, it would be much easyer to staff member to keep an eye on players who just "spawn and sell all the stuff!"

It's up the individual if they wish to play legit or not, even if they are sponsor or up. Now if they can't handle the urge to spawn in items and want it gone then they can have it removed, as we've said. If they now only want to support the server there is a straight up donation for that exact reason.

63809aaaa11abdbec8c002ecbfd36583.png

You've heard my opinion so there's no need in me repeating myself, but this would just add more work to an alrealy very busy man.

And if now the player WANTS to support the server AND play legit, they are more than welcome to buy a custom prefix to brag about the fact that they are. 

Sure, i see your point. And i`m not gona convince you into something. I`m not a sponsor, i can`t even pay for Prem minecraft account. So i don`t know how supporters think. But what I can tell you for sure, I wouldn`t donate money to server, if I can`t get something for that money. Most of people rather buy a rank they don`t need, then just give money to server with no outcome. Just because if you give money, and get nothing in return, you gona feel fooled. But if you buy a rank, you get rank, you get commands you will or will not use... You get Respect... And many nice things. Just... in FTB IE... sometimes... you don`t need that temptation to use cheaty powers. You want to have ALL you got for your money.. exept cheats... And you want so people know, you DID give money to server, you supported it, you got all that power... But you don`t use it, because you want to be like others. Legit!

• 2 months later...
  • Henk locked this topic

Archived