Lobby For Modded Server Suggestion Please Read Brunyman

rocksmasher99

Would be cool if we had a lobby for the modded servers. People could still connect to old ips, but having a main lobby could get more players come to the modded servers. There would be portals to each of the servers in the lobby by them would say what mod pack and launcher you will need to connect with to join that server. You would connect to the lobby though the launcher then head though the portal to get to the server you want to go to.

Thank you for reading,

Rock

Would be cool if we had a lobby for the modded servers. People could still connect to old ips, but having a main lobby could get more players come to the modded servers. There would be portals to each of the servers in the lobby by them would say what mod pack and launcher you will need to connect with to join that server. You would connect to the lobby though the launcher then head though the portal to get to the server you want to go to.

Thank you for reading,

Rock

Rock one major problem. Tekkit is in 1.64 and hence will have to be excluded. Now heres why I dont like this. Many servers give out their LOBBY to people and use that to boost their player count. This is an unfair practice and really is deceitful for people looking for populous servers to play. Furthermore, it changes the chat dynamic darastically (I assume u want linked chat) and causes for way too much or Not at all. I dont think this is the right direction for craftersland.

From what I know a server can't make a client download mods and enable and disable existing mods. It's a super awesome concept but I don't think it's possible.

Its possible. He wants to use BungeeCord. Forge can connect to vanilla servers (idk if forge is required on server but im thinking not)  in 1.7.10 +  and wont cause mismatches with mod cause there are not any. My problem is more of a deceitful and dishonorable way of receiving players rather than if it works. It does work

P.S. I know craftersland is not trying to be decietful but more and more people are unable to find the good servers cause of these "connected" servers that basically lie about their player count.

Rock one major problem. Tekkit is in 1.64 and hence will have to be excluded. Now heres why I dont like this. Many servers give out their LOBBY to people and use that to boost their player count. This is an unfair practice and really is deceitful for people looking for populous servers to play. Furthermore, it changes the chat dynamic darastically (I assume u want linked chat) and causes for way too much or Not at all. I dont think this is the right direction for craftersland.

The chats would be separate and yea that would be a problem that the tekkit server is 1.6.4.

• Yusixs locked this topic

Archived