Reinable Taint Spread Brunyman

Elonol21

Taint is one of the greatest things in Thaumcraft 'cause its a hard biome that spreads and if u had it near ur spawn in deep dark it was a great challenge but now taint is no danger.

Taint is also a great thing to tinker around because you can test how fast it spreads how fast u can destroy it and mutch more

In the Thaumcraft config is a Taint spread number default in Sky Factory is 0 but normally its 200 i think.

Hope you understand me

Elonol21

Taint is still there but there are no biomes because it doesnt spread

I looked in my own configs and managed to reactivate taint spread in singleplayer

Thaumcraft is so easy in 2.5.4 because u can craft great- and Silverwood saplings easily without infusion

1. Great and Silverwood Saplings are now craftable in a Crafting tabel (i think that destroyed Thaumcraft a bit)

2 there need to be a tainted node  for taint at ur island and they are quite rare in the overworld

3. cause point 1 u can cure the taint with Silverwood

4. You need to build near the tainted node to make the taint spread

5. cause we are in Sky Factory u can simlpy destroy all tainted blocks

6. i think there a enough Thaumturges that can sell/give you items to cure the taint

I think taint isnt as "potential destructive" as cursed earth in a dark room

I never found a Tainted node in the Overworld in my whole playtime in the overworld

i think the modpack devs dont know Thaumcraft well they only made things easyly that shouldnt be easy for example getting silverwood trees

also they destroyed any balancing in this mod cause Greatwood and Siverwood where the most important trees to make progress and they

are quite rare in the normal Thaumcraft.

In the last Sky Factory there was a usefull Thaumcraft tab that was extra added some ways to get silver and Greatwood but these ways required Thaumcraft infusion and in order to do that u need a bit progress in thaumcraft ,

The new way to get silverwood is getting a dark oak sapling some leave and witch water this crafting is ways to easy because it needs no research and no Thaumcraft items the modpack devs destroyed a important part of the balancing .

Only that alone will make the taint to no danger but they also disabled the taint spread and destroyed another great part of the forbidden knowledge in thaumcraft.

Greatwood and silver wood are easy in normal thaumcraft. Just run accross the overworld and/or make mystcraft worlds. The tab you speak of still exists, its just that the witch water recipe is better. I like this recipe because it makes thaumcraft doable with the same ease as in a normal world.

Yea, Skyfactory is so easy since the update where they(modpack devs) added a crafting recipe for Great wood sapling and Silver wood sapling, which now even the newbie people that don't know a lick of thaumcraft can just make the saplings in the mod like that without doing the infusion like before in order to make them. As for enabling taint spread, I agree it should be enabled, because there are a lot of people that do thaumcraft on the server where if your taint becomes a issue on your island, then just ask someone that's doing thaumcraft to sell your the item that cures taint(Ethereal Bloom) or make it yourself if you already completed the research for the item(Ethereal Bloom).

------------------------------------------

Wiki page for taint - http://thaumcraft-4.wikia.com/wiki/Taint

StarFaded you forgot that yo u can use Silverwood to destroy the taint

Silverwood trees often have pure nodes that will change the biome into magical forest and destroys the tain.

So there is a very simple cure

Elonol21

I understood like nothing from why would you want taint enabled... all but blablabla about silverwods and greatwoods being so awesome, but no obvious reason why this feature should be enabled again.

Speak clearly... so we can undestand what and why you want something enabled/disabled.

What would you use the taint spread for, what would be its purpose, how can enabling this can help? Answer these questions... and we'll see:)

What would you use the taint spread for

I would tinker around with taint and try somethings out like Tainted Mobs of example i always loved it to have a taint area in my base

what would be its purpose

It would make the Deep Dark and the Overworld harder and it would be a stable source of the Vitium aspect in thaumcraft

how can enabling this can help?

Without taint spread taint can spread and there will be always only like 2-4 conected taint blocks so there are no tainted mobs spawning and there is no chance of infecting new Mobs so the deep dark is incredibly easy.

I don't think it needs to be enabled, because there is very little advantage; you can still spawn tainted creatures to get vitium. Most servers have taint spread disabled for the players that don't need thaumcraft. When you bring a tainted node to your base, the biome will change to taint biome.

• Yusixs locked this topic

Archived