Stop Giving Bc Quarries As Vote Rewards

sky01_

BC quarries still cause a lot of lag. They are in the Restricted Items list (and yes, I know it needs to be updated) and should not be allowed to be placed.

Even worse, many new players (who may not know about BC quarry's TPS bugs) are given a BC quarry as a vote reward. They then get it running, effectively crushing the server. Nobody likes to play with 1.52 TPS, which is common when somebody runs a BC quarry.

Long post short: stop making BC quarries so available because they really hurt server performance and gameplay.

We had no issues on FTB because of BC quarrys, and not even lag issues, when we had such a low tps was because of some RFtools worlds, I also I do not agree on restricting the item

Lag wise, not so much. 100x20 chunk sized holes down to bedrock in overworld... yes.  Poor ugly ugly overworld.  Course could restrict the use of them in overworld - allowable in whatever other dimensions. 

Several times, the server has had very low TPS and it jumped back to normal when somebody turned off the BC quarry they were using. I can think of 2 recently, one before the reset and one this week (kasquer was BC quarrying in the Twilight Forest, causing server lag, and TPS normalized when he turned it off).

At the very least, remove them from the vote crates. The ender quarry is already an option in the same vote crate as the BC one.

Remove the quarry and add random Thaumcraft node :D

Also is it true making the World Hole upgrade in the ender quarry causes lag or no? Because xAngel disagree with me on that one, I heard flowing lava causes lag, but is that only the overworld, or the overworld and the nether as well? So he made a huge quarry in the nether and there is like 100 lava fountains everywhere.

Also I think RFTools dimensions should be turned off again, because they only make lag and are more trouble than worth.

Also is it true making the World Hole upgrade in the ender quarry causes lag or no? Because xAngel disagree with me on that one, I heard flowing lava causes lag, but is that only the overworld, or the overworld and the nether as well? So he made a huge quarry in the nether and there is like 100 lava fountains everywhere.

Also I think RFTools dimensions should be turned off again, because they only make lag and are more trouble than worth.

Giving out node placers is not a good idea.

Regarding quarry lag, world hole is a bad idea. It causes many block updates, liquid flow and holes are not nice. The problem with BC quarries is that they load all the chunks they are mining and they create holes.

About RFTools lag, we are trying to address this issue. Liquid dimensions are the worst, as they tend to update in cascade, which kills the server.

water, not lava.

Edit: where from water in nether? Read properly before you post.

Archived