A payed chunkloader-ish thing

Darknesscafted

Basically what i'm trying to say is add a kit that allows a player to chunk load their island for maybe $5.00 or $10.00 

1st you would make good profit of that because their are many people who would pay in a heart beat for that

2nd i think it would be a great addition if u don't want to pay stick to the 4 chunks but if your willing to pay out a few dollars or pounds whatever you got you can chunk load the entire base without having to build withing chunk boundaries and not having to tare down something you spent a fair amount of time on (hint hint wink wink)

please take this suggestion into regard and i would greatly appreciate it

I guess the reason that this chunk loader limit was brought in, was to help with server performance.  before, with the 15 chunks per player limit, area loaded was a maximum of almost 64x64 block area - 1 chunk, 3840 blocks, not counting Y axis. out of an island which is 200x200 blocks which is 40,000 blocks, not counting the Y axis. Letting people load their entire island would greatly impact the servers performance a hell of a lot more than giving everyone 15 chunks back. 

4 saved chunk loaders is plenty for a smart player, as you can still use more than that, its just that, if the servers performance dips, you might lose those extra chunk loaders, except your 4 saved ones.. but you can still use more than 4 chunk loaders, its just you could lose them without warning if server needs to recover from a performance issue. 

Just be wise about which chunk loaders are your saved ones. 

I wish people would stop moaning about this, It's a blessing we get chunk loaders at all! Apologies for any offences caused. 

If i'm incorrect about any of this, please let me know.  

And it would be "paid" for the threads title. 

Brunyman and I had a little chat about the chunkloader system the other day, you can actually set custom amount of chunks for players with the plugin he has coded. So, what we can do in the future is add more saved-chunkloader slots as the donator tier gets higher. Say maximum 8 or 9 total slots for Sponsor+. Since Skyfactory never really had massive tps-lag instances from player bases in the past few months, we can introduce this system to skyfactory's donator ranks if brunyman likes it.

Also, in 1.10, the chunks are cubed now (16x16x16), so for 1.10 servers, we may have to increase the number if enough people vote for it and the server is capable of handling it

ouch, 16x16x16 chunk loaders sounds like a lot more work than it should be, 'CubeLoaders'

I was going to suggest the ranked players get more chunks, but then i thought, if we do that.. may as well make chunk loading Donator only perk?!

26 minutes ago, Yusixs said:

Brunyman and I had a little chat about the chunkloader system the other day, you can actually set custom amount of chunks for players with the plugin he has coded. So, what we can do in the future is add more saved-chunkloader slots as the donator tier gets higher. Say maximum 8 or 9 total slots for Sponsor+. Since Skyfactory never really had massive tps-lag instances from player bases in the past few months, we can introduce this system to skyfactory's donator ranks if brunyman likes it.

Also, in 1.10, the chunks are cubed now (16x16x16), so for 1.10 servers, we may have to increase the number if enough people vote for it and the server is capable of handling it

+1  this i like :)

I used to play a server where the players would get ranks based on their playtime on the server, the ranks wouldn't get anything extra, but recognition for being loyal to the server, i.e. when the player hits the 10 hour playtime marker they're upgraded from default, to a beginner, or something like that, it's just a little extra for the players who are loyal, but can't support the server in a monetary sense. 

Failing that, maybe add ranks for checkpoints hit with votes? for 100 votes you get an upgrade through the free ranks system? and the top tier rank would get an extra chunk loader? idk i'm just throwing ideas around. 

7 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I used to play a server where the players would get ranks based on their playtime on the server, the ranks wouldn't get anything extra, but recognition for being loyal to the server, i.e. when the player hits the 10 hour playtime marker they're upgraded from default, to a beginner, or something like that, it's just a little extra for the players who are loyal, but can't support the server in a monetary sense. 

Failing that, maybe add ranks for checkpoints hit with votes? for 100 votes you get an upgrade through the free ranks system? and the top tier rank would get an extra chunk loader? idk i'm just throwing ideas around. 

There are ranks already for hitting voting markers, I believe. 

There's not really a rank for reaching a vote marker, you just get some extra money when you do reach them ($250 I believe)

As for the chunkloaders:

First, the entire island would only be loaded if that player is online, otherwise a lot of (big) bases will be loaded all at once and the server will get laggy.

Second, I don't think there's a need for a whole island to be chunkloaded. Most of the machines can be build in a few chunks and you can also build platforms on top or below your existing island.

I do agree with what Yusixs had in mind, extra saved chunloader spots for donaters.

As Voodoo said, maybe give players an extra saved slot if they have 100 votes or so. This way you give players another reason to vote, which is also nice for the server itself.

This is what I think of this, feel free to add some things.

• Founder

The chunkloader save system is built with kits in mind and each player can have different amounts of max chunkloaders, we will be adding more chunkloaders to ranks and a kit, I didn't add them yest because we were still testing the plugin but seems that works fine

• 2 months later...

Hey about chunk loaders, if you are still testing the plugin you should know that the items themselves dissapear. Something gets rid of anything that loads chunks. Its not just chunkloaders its anything. I think my chunk loading ward is going well but if you guys can fix that it would be great. 

I believe it's too early for SF 3 to have more loader. I am not supporting the idea of more loader for ranks...

unless the loader have ability to detects that it's the one that causing tps drop below a specific number and it unload itself.  < I support this :D 

Will this new chunk loading system be implemented on all modded servers?

If so, here are my thoughts on the amount each rank should have*

Default = 4

VIP = 5

Premium = 6

Premium+ = 8

Sponsor = 10

Sponsor = 12

*As for the 1.10 Servers allow them to have double the amount of chunk loaders as chunks are only 16x16x16 blocks rather then the 16x16x256 

Overall, just a suggestion, if anything is changed that is fine. :) 

Archived