[Direwolf20 1.7.10]Big Reactor / Computercraft modem bug

XGreSlimeX

Greetings, for a while now (even before the wipe) I experienced a bug with Computercraft and Big Reactors.
When I hook up the modem of Computercraft on the Big reactor (connected to my computer too). When I leave the area and return (aka unload the chunk) and I go to my computer it says that the modem isnt connected with the reactor, when I go and check it is connected. I have to right click the modem on the reactor twice (disconnect and connect) for it to work again. The reactor isnt that close to my base so its quite the pain in2017-11-20_21_53_13.thumb.png.61aacbffc44b83fadf6d69191af6a82b.png the ass.

This doesn't seem like a bug, but is indeed one of the inconveniences of chunk loading in minecraft. However I suggest the following:

Have the computer and modem in the same chunk as the reactor. This will prevent the program finding no reactors and crashing as you are approaching the area. If this yields the same issue then the next best thing to do it to load all chunks that the reactor, computer and networking cable is in (which can get really costly).

Feel free to post the results here.

Archived