Spawn shop item <Book Binder>

arazadaz

Well, the title says it, but the reason why i'd like it added to spawn is that expert mode disables the crafting recipe for the Book Binder meaning you can't get it unless you have creative mode. This can be changed in the config or it could be added to the Spawn Shop. Or both

Now, I don't see anything OP about mystcraft that could harm eco or players' advancement along the expert infinity evolved journey. This is why I believe it should be craftable, or at least buyable from the Spawn Shop as really, think about it, is there reason it shouldn't be available? It has also a huge advantage of keeping bored players active as it gives them something else to do.

However, either way there is no point in saying that the mystcraft world resets every week if it isn't possible to get to a mystcraft world even unless you have creative mode as mentioned before. It's like putting a carrot on a string with a pig trying to get it, however, it will never happen unless you decide the pig can have the carrot.

edit: Found out the message broadcasts on every server.

download.jpg

strongly disagree about adding this to the spawn shop- Expert mode is about challenge and that’s why it’s disabled on expert mode(it’s in the pack so that the guys on normal difficulty can play use it).

Adding it to spawn shop it would give you a way to get RFtools amount of items way before you even get an AE2. 

If anything we could suggest a custom recipe for it, something at the level of the Dimension builder, AE2 wrench etcetc.

I agree it should not be in spawn shop. It was made uncraftable by the mod pack developers for a reason. It defeats the grind you get the book and it's done no real infrastructure is needed. Now if there was a recipe that made this endgame I might feel different about it perhaps magic related endgame?

That's my opinion.

But as of now if you really need Mystcraft you could purchase Premium+ and spawn it. 

In reply to Manyouforgot and Henkekalmar. I agree with both of you that it should be a harder to craft item actually, but I don't agree with it only being able to be spawned with creative as that would mean if people wanted it they would then be banned from eco. Not everyone even likes creative and i'm sure they like being able to partake in the economy so its a loss loss for the people who have the same opinion as I.

I don't know much about mystcraft, don't know how it's powered, never made a world that way.  I have made dimlet worlds in normal and there is a lot to it even in normal.  I currently have a dimlet researcher and about 35 unknown dimlets sitting in an chest because trying to get all that set up on expert mode is not worth it to me right now.  Personally, I don't have a stake in Mystcraft right now, but it probably needs to be on the same "level" of difficulty as RF Tools if its gonna get added.

It's not just crafting the dimlets but the power requirements because you really don't want to die in a dim world and have no way to get your gravestone, another reason not worth bothering.

I will look into the possibility of adding the suggestion in the coming days and return to this topic incase I find something.

However  a couple of things that makes this difficult: We can alter crafting recipes using MineTweaker and it even shows up in the Player's NEI... However I'm not sure if it's compatible with the dire crafting table, or if those recipes are hardcoded in that mod. In that case we cannot use the dire crafting table. Not sure yet.
Another possible restriction to the suggestion you made is that the life orb is not meant to be consumed in the craft- and I'm not sure how that would be done in MineTweaker- as I don't have that much experience in it.

I'm also open for other suggestions, similar recipes for example how the AE2 wrench is made, using a chain of recipes - I can add multiple " mystcraft " recipes aslong as it doesn't break anything else.

Do note that this only really affects 3x3 crafting grids. I can't add a recipe in like the Molecular transformer for example.

As a side note, I think that- in the case of RFTools aswell- it should require both advancements in magic aswell as tech to unlock. However doesn't have to be as hard as RFTools.

5 hours ago, StonerBear said:

Keep in mind tho that mystcraft has it own ways to display "power" usage, in the form of instability... Which is deathly if you make a world containing liquid cryo + diamonds for example... And nothing to do about it.

I don't really think that counts though as that can easily be solved by defining your age. 

The same can be said about rftools if you don't define your dim properly and let rng do it for you. 

Actually, come to think of it... I am not sure this would be the best of ideas.

Mystcraft has seen a bit of instability for those who have toyed with it using creative. Not to mention that Mystcraft villagers are completely corrupt and does weird things for you if you interact with them. I think the intention was for this never to be active in expert so they didn't mind fixing, or actually adding most things.

It will probably lead to a very unstable infinity evolved; And what will we do then? remove Mystcraft...? Delete all the world? Un-do everyone's progress. We can't do that, we need to think fo this more before we add it I feel.

There is also a very specific way to set up mystcraft worlds or it will end up all weird with the world identifiers in correct places etc. The guy also recently remade the mod since he lost his original code, and there isn't even a fully set up wiki for the new version he made. Both of these could contribute to the fact that it is being buggy for people in creative.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived