Connections being closed and premium claims

Akademee

Hi everyone!

I am having a problem that seems to have persisted after the maintenance periods that the server has been having over the last 12 hours or so.  After the Maintenance period, I am being forcibly disconnected from the server about every 5-10 minutes.  The error mentions my connection being forcibly closed from a remote host.  No one else seems to have this problem and I would be surprised if it was my base since it is literally only 3 days old.  The coords of my base are x:-1342, Z:4406.  I know the smeltery bugs stuff out sometimes, but I even popped the controller for that so it isn't a smeltery any more when empty and not in use.  I don't know if this has to do with the maintenance since this is the first I have ever seen it in my few years playing on this server.  Many of my IE MV wires were gone after the maintenance as well, but those are easily replaceable and I don't need a refund, I'm just reporting.

I am also still waiting for my Premium rank claim blocks to be applied to my town "Area_PLR491".  I filed a /ds request yesterday and I haven't heard anything.  If someone could apply those claim blocks for me, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Akademee

Edit:  I looked into the IE cable issue, it seems that I lose the IE wires every time the server resets, but only in the chunk where my world anchor is set up (the center chunk of the 3x3).  Is anyone else having this issue?  Now the material loss is becoming a bit high.

Unless it's a "Timed Out" or "Internal Error", i think the disconnecting problem might be on your side (not 100% sure). If that is not the case, you can try to remove all the ftb related files and install it again.

To get your premium perks someone from staff needs to re-activate your account. This happens when people transfer their ranks from another server. You can open another topic addressing this issue and wait for the owner to re-activate your rank.

As for the IE problems, it has something to do with the world anchors and maybe some other chunk loaders. This also happens with AE2 cables and with different multiblocks and the only way that i know of to fix this is either remove all the world anchors or don't use the IE2 machines/items/multiblock structures.

On 2/19/2018 at 6:28 AM, brunyman said:

rank re-activated. Chunklaoders can cause issues, especially the anchors, try use the MFR chunkloader. About the disconnect issues may be a connection problem, does it still happen?

Thanks for the reactivation, I will look into to other chunk loaders and it might not be that much of an issue long term with the way I set my base up.  The disconnection problem is mostly solved (if it was on my end, it fixed itself), but the server seems to have been under extreme load over the last two days, even when there are only <5 people on.  There will be periods where the server lags out and my connection times out every 5-10 minutes.  I have also noticed that the server goes into maintenance mode almost every day if not multiple times per day.  Is this something that happens with the server now? 

It also really seems that RFTools is being abused on the infinity server.  We just had someone make a dimension of Nether Uranium Ore and that brought the server to its knees so bad the admins had to get involved.  There needs to be some system of mod approval or something for RFtool dimensions because it makes the game unplayable for the rest of us.  I can deal with a bit of lag, that comes with the package with this many mods (and it is better than a few years back) but these persistent problems make the game literally impossible (not inconvenient; impossible) to play for huge chunks of the day. 

Thanks!

• Founder

Hi, I placed the server into maintenance to find the lag source and I have 1 town that is causing it, just spikes up the server tps it's a combination of transfer nodes upgrades with lots of solar panels with glass fiber and tons of capacitors. All that is coming from a single town

hmmm, why? i removed more than the halv Capacitor bank and i dont use any chunkloaders for the moment...

i will remove more Capacitor banks. so the transfer nodes i also remove. but what should i take instead for glass fibra cables? the other ones cant transfer much energy...

Archived