brunyman i want to ask you something...

• Manager

About 3 years now i have been using turtles in the skyfactory 2 and skyfactory 2,5 servers with the approval of the staff to help people with some stuff like clearing platforms on the nether's spawn and getting graves in it or in the overworld when someone dies outside of the island's border. Although i have been recommended to ask for a formal permission from the owner to use them since i have been spawning them using " only willing to discuss this with staff " .

The turtles are banned in the skyfactory 2.5 because they can be used to bypass protection. More specific they are like robots that can be programmed to:

- be wirelessly controlled

- break and place blocks

- interact with inventories

I hope this request is clear to you and my intentions are only to use them for good, I understand if the owner does now want to give it but I would be glad that the patch for these turtles being restricted is rolled out or I am given permission. I have played on your server for more than 3 years and never used them for malicious purposes. Looking forward to your reply!

I think it's a bit unfair if you get access to use turtles. They are banned for a reason and just because you've been on the server for a long time, doesn't mean you should get access to items that other people can't use. I mean, even staff can't use the restricted items and I'm sure Bruny trusts us.

Staff is there to get graves for people when they die outside of their island or in the nether. We can also clean the nether platform, no need to use turtles for that.

Even if you have a lot of playtime, that doesn't mean you get treated like you're special and different from others, that would be unfair. Hell, Lancelot has the most hours out of everyone, but he doesn't get special perms for that.

Still, it's Bruny's decision, but if 1 person gets access, how many more are going to ask for it with the reason "I've been here for a long time/played a very long time?"

I understand you have good intentions but we need to pull everyone under the same roof- As it would be otherwise unfair to every other member of our server with the same rank as you. It's like when your teacher asks you if you brought gum for everyone, and since you didn't you had to spit yours out because it would be biased and show favoritism which is just bad.

Anyways, back to your request- let me get this right... you have been using turtles for 3 years? They are restricted so you are then using an exploit to get around that.. okay.. that alone is actually a bannable offense:

[2] No Bug Abuse/Exploiting Bugs:

• 1st offense = 2 day ban.
  • 2nd offense = 7 day ban.
  • 3rd offense = 14 day ban.
  • 4th offense = 28 day ban.

Includes but is not limited to bypassing any punishment, duping, or glitching.

I agree that turtles should get some sort of patch because I absolutely love them but until they do I don't think we can give them out to all players or even worse; a couple of handpicked "trusted" players .. there would be too much hate from the rest of the playersbase. And who would even determine that? Us "managers" usually don't get the luxury of getting to know our players on a 1 to 1 level but even then we are to make the call if they are trustworthy?

If ever- but until a official fix or unban goes out to turtles I'd recommend you stop exploiting the method you have been using or next time it will be bannable. We didn't make the plugin to  be bypassed.

Archived