[SUGGESTION] New Hosting Service/Lift Plugin

DeBunnynator

I've noticed that the server crashes quite often, and I've been thinking of donating, and shutting down my private server to play exclusively here. However, it's hard to want to do that when the server will crash what feels like 100 times a day. I'd highly recommend going through a different hosting service. 

On top of this, I'd say get the lift plugin. It eliminates the need for ladders and stairs and introduces a whole new aspect to the game that makes building creation much more interesting. The 1.6.4 version of this plugin is here:

https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/lift/files/749410

the Server Spec's and host are more than enough for the server, unfortunately the problem lies within the modpack not being optimized and left with numerous bugs which cause crashes, some of which are fixable ( which have been in our case ) and some are not fixable unfortunately and those are the reasons it crashes

17 hours ago, supaspork said:

the Server Spec's and host are more than enough for the server, unfortunately the problem lies within the modpack not being optimized and left with numerous bugs which cause crashes, some of which are fixable ( which have been in our case ) and some are not fixable unfortunately and those are the reasons it crashes

Yeah. Its prone to happen with almost any modpack. Its why you might see so many crashes. Its a bunch of mods that don't play nice together crammed into one game, which can cause serious problems. We also don't try to ban every item that causes lag, so player's can still enjoy tekkit as is.

• Founder

Hi, the server crashes are not because of hosting, this runs on a dedicated machine with i7 and 64GB RAM. The crash issues are mixed, sometimes some mods crash it, generating a crash report or freezing the server. These mods dont have source code like ComputerCraft or Thermal Expansion and we cant fix the issues because of that. 

What about the lift plugin? Should we try it out?

22 hours ago, brunyman said:

Hi, the server crashes are not because of hosting, this runs on a dedicated machine with i7 and 64GB RAM. The crash issues are mixed, sometimes some mods crash it, generating a crash report or freezing the server. These mods dont have source code like ComputerCraft or Thermal Expansion and we cant fix the issues because of that. 

What about the lift plugin? Should we try it out?

I'd highly recommend it Brunyman, the lift plugin, as I said, adds an entire new aspect to the game and leaves more options for creating advanced buildings!

7 minutes ago, DeBunnynator said:

I'd highly recommend it Brunyman, the lift plugin, as I said, adds an entire new aspect to the game and leaves more options for creating advanced buildings!

Same here. I looked at it just now, it seems really cool :) 

• 4 months later...
  • geri33 locked this topic
  • geri33 unlocked this topic
  • geri33 locked this topic

Archived