Open Computers program for Draconic Reactor! [Skyfactory 3 MC1.10.2]

unknown.png

Draconic Control Guide!
Server IP: sf3.craftersland.net
Credit for code: XyFreak

Hello and welcome the a step-by-step guide of Draconic Control program. A piece of code made by XyFreak to ensure that your draconic reactor becomes a "set it and forget it" power system. Before we move onto the guide I would like to state that you should read everything carefully as a simple mistake in following the steps can lead to catastrophic results. I would recommend having at least 1 billion RF in your power storage before starting this reactor. Any how, let's get right into the guide!

Building the Reactor

This will be divided into further spoilers with screenshots just so everything stays clean and tidy. If you guys have any problems in running this program/building this reactor then feel free to PM me on discord or on the forums.

Materials List

2017-07-30_1.png

Let's get on with the shopping list. You will need (in order of appearence in the screenshot above):

• Some building blocks
  • 4 Reactor Stabilizers
  • 2 Flux Gates
  • 1 Reactor Core
  • 1 Reactor Energy Injector
  • 3 Adapters
  • 4 Draconic Energy I/O Crystals
  • 8 Awakened Draconium Block (Depends on how much fuel you want to add, 8 is max limit)
  • 1 Crystal Binder
  • 1 Computer Case (Tier 3)
  • 12 Screen (Tier 3) (You can customise the size too)
  • 1 Keyboard
  • 1 Analyzer (Open Computers)
  • Some cable
  • 1 EEPROM (Lua Bios)
  • 1 OpenOS Floppy Disk 
  • 1 Hard Disk (Tier 3)
  • 1 Central Processing Unit (Tier 3)
  • 1-2 Memory (Tier 3.5) (Tier 2 and 3 Should work aswell, haven't tested)
  • 1 Network Card
  • 1 Internet Card
  • 1 Graphics Card (Tier 3)

Step 1 - Building the Basics

Start off with getting 4 blocks above the ground as shown in the pic and have a distance of 3 blocks in-between the reactor core and stabilizers as shown in the pictures below:

2017-07-29_23.13.59.png

2017-07-29_23.30.07.png

Step 2 - Installing Adapters and Actuators

Now you need to add the Reactor energy injector on the floor with a flux gate below it. The flux gate's arrow should be pointing towards the Injector. Place the adapter right next to it as shown in the pic below.

2017-07-29_23.30.41.png

Then, place a flux gate behind one of the reactor stabilizers such that the arrow on the side of the flux gate is pointing away from the stabilizer. Afterwards, you just need to add 2 adapters to the sides of both Reactor stabilizer and Flux gate.

2017-07-29_23.34.36.png

Step 3 - Configuring Draconic I/O Crystals

Here are some controls for the draconic crystals before we get into the steps:

• Shift Rightclicking with an empty hand on the crystals changes the Input/Output mode of them
  • Shift Rightclicking with the crystal binder selects the first crystal you wish to bind and highlights it on your screen (Denoted by a green box) 
  • Rightclicking on the second crystal will bind the two together successfuly

First we are going to take a look at the Energy Injector side. Place a crystal at the bottom of the flux gate and set it to Output mode. Now set the crystal which is linked to your energy storage system to Input mode and bind them together as shown in the pictures below:

2017-07-29_23.50.38.png

2017-07-29_23.50.42.png

2017-07-30_01.11.20.png

Now we are going to configure the I/O Crystals at the Stabilizer's flux gate. Set the Crystal attached to the flux gate into Input mode and set the crystal attached to your energy storage system to output mode. Bind them together via crystal binder and this should be the result:

2017-07-29_23.48.08.png

2017-07-29_23.49.15.png

2017-07-29_23.49.56.png

Step 4 - Adding Open Computers 

First thing's first, add the tier 3 monitor, I chose a 4x3 one as it best suits my needs for a readable-looking GUI. You can choose whatever size you fancy. 

2017-07-29_23.52.37.png

Next, add the computer attached to the monitor with a RF power source to keep it powered.

2017-07-29_23.53.03.png

Afterwards, connect the 3 adapters and the computer via cable so they stay linked and functional.

2017-07-29_23.53.57.png

Next, add the components into the computer and press the power button to turn it on.

2017-07-30_01.13.26.png

Finally, add a keyboard somewhere on the monitor so you can install the program.

2017-07-30_01.15.03.png

Installing the Program

Textual tutorial

Okay so after you have pressed the power on button, you'll have to follow the following steps on your monitor (Right click it to access):

1. Execute "install" in your monitor. You will have to install the OpenOS software first. (Type in Y if it asks for Y/n questions).

2. Type the command "wget http://xypm.tenyx.de/standalone/dc_installer.lua". You can copy this and press middle mouse-click inside your monitor GUI to paste the command. This will install the lua file and it's necessary components.

3. Run "dc_installer" to install the files.

4. Paste in the command "pastebin get mv2QEQHx /etc/draconic_control.cfg". This will install the file in the /etc/ directory which is required.
  5. Type in "edit /etc/draconic_control.cfg and you'll see that the addresses are filled in with temporary XXXX, YYYY and ZZZZ's. You will have to change this to the actual address of the components. For now just hit Escape to exit the screen.

6. Grab an analyzer and shift click on the three adapters, they should give you the addresses of the block such as this:

unknown.png
    unknown.png

7. Click on your monitor again and remember the middle-mouse paste trick.
    Replace the XXXX, also denoted as the reactorAddress with the address produced by the adapter next to the Stabilizer.
    Replace the YYYY, also denoted as the fluxGateDrainbanAddress with the address produced by the adapter next to the Flux Gate attached to the Reactor Energy Injector.
    Replace the ZZZZ, also denoted as the fluxGateOutputAddress with the address produced by the adapter next to the Flux Gate attached to the stabilizer.

8. Press "Ctrl + S" to save the file and "Ctrl + W" to exit.

9. Then, run the two commands "draconic_control start" and afterwards, "dc_gui"

10. Finally, Hit the charge button in the reactor's stabilizer GUI enable fail-safe mode aswell. When it's done charging, press the activate button and you're all set! 

Note:  Each adapter in the world has a different address aka you cant copy paste your harddrive in another setup and hope it works. You have to check and change the addresses each time you make a new setup somewhere else.

Video Reference

Here's a video of me installing the program as shown in the step-by-step textual tutorial. Please forgive the horrible quality of open computers screen as my laptop's screen isn't big enough to render it all perfectly.

Side Note: I will try to make a better video on this soon