Building a self sustaining fusion reactor is pretty easy but can use a lot of resources to build.  You can easily get 50k rf/t with a setup like this that would power your base and a handful of laser drills easily.  Here is a step by step guide on how to make a self sustaining fusion reactor.

For this build I used:

32x Electric Turbines

32x Electromagnets

32x Electromagnetic Glass

8x Sound Mufflers (Optional but recommended)

1x Fusion Reactor

1x Chemical Extractor

1x Aqueous Accumulator

1x Energy Cell (Needed only for jump start)

Any building material (I used Cobblestone)

Redstone Conduits (Can use any item that can transport power.  Even Tesseracts can be placed directly on top of turbines)

Fluiducts + Pneumatic Servo (Can use any pipe that can transport water)

Step 1: Place your fusion reactor up in the air.  I usually like to go 3-4 blocks up from the ground.

uEp5O7T.jpg

Step 2: Place Electromagnets around the fusion reactor for the inside part of the ring.

kAAHjho.jpg

Step 3: Create the outer ring using electromagnets.  It is important that you leave the space between the electromagnet rings empty with air (ignore placeholder cobblestone block in picture)

2FUn20Q.jpg

Step 4: Add the top and bottom to the electromagnet ring.  This can be made using electromagnets or electromagnetic glass.  Make sure there is empty space between the electromagnets and electromagnetic glass.

UzJebJT.jpg

Step 5: Add a ring of any material (I used cobblestone) to hold in the water above the electromagnets.

yNdwI7M.jpg

Step 6: Fill in the area above the electromagnets with water as shown

BWUTGB1.jpg

Step 7: Add redstone conduits from the top of the fusion reactor in the middle up above the water.

Qvhczeo.jpg

Step 8: Place your turbines above the water.  They only work over water.

xTjdxcD.jpg

Step 9: Add redstone conduits.  Every turbine needs to be connected to a redstone conduit.

5pmgQjU.png

Step 10: The top part of the reactor is now done.  Now we need to setup the part that feeds it fuel.  Directly underneath the fusion reactor in the middle.  Set up an aqueous accumulator in the ground with two waters beside it.  Make sure the top of the aqueous accumulator is set to output (orange).

ctqbjcl.png

Step 11: Place your Chemical Extractor directly on top of the Aqueous Accumulator and place fluid ducts from the top of the extractor up into the fusion reactor.  Use a servo to extract the deuterium from the extractor into the fusion reactor.

ee3an79.png

Step 12: Run redstone conduits from the back of the extractor up and around to the top of the reactor connecting it to the redstone conduits on the top.  This will power the extractor.

p0aJtgV.png

Step 13: You will need any type of charged energy cell to jump start the reactor.  You can charge one up at spawn if needed.

NisitQi.png

Step 14: After a minute or so, you should start seeing plasma inside the reactor and the turbines starting to spin.  Congratulations you now have a self sustaining fusion reactor giving you 50k worth of rf/t.  You can pick up the energy cell now and start connecting this new power source to the rest of your base.

4jbwrA6.png

Step 15: (Optional but highly recommended) Add sound mufflers.  Thank me later.

90C0cwH.png