Cap_America

Network Server (Ac v1, Factions, etc.)Tekkit

In-Game NicknameCap_America

Nickname of the one you are complaining about: 

• [P][Mechanic]Sybis
  • [Sponsor] [Nick]: Nova
  • xShockbladexZedx

Description of the situation:

So a few days ago, somebody asked if I was a boy or a girl. Typical question. I replied that I'm agender and that my pronouns are they/them/their which should be pretty standard. I've been on this server before, said this before, and other users never had an issue. Sure, some questions were asked politely and I answered and we all went on with our lives. This time, Sybis turned inappropriate and refused to leave me alone insisting I wasn't the gender I say I am and just being all around awful. I did my best to just get through it and ignore them. But I got on the server today and not only were they continuing to ask about my genitals, users Nova and Shockblade started in too. All I want is to just play one of my favorite games in peace but Sybis spams chat with "xx? or xy?" and "boy? or girl?" and "stick? or hole" all the time making it impossible for me or other players to use the chat function. I've requested them to stop politely which didn't work and even went so far as to state bluntly "just fucking drop it already" and they refuse. I took a few screenshots as a sample of the things they send.

Screenshots/Video Proof (Required):

1) 725d33efd4.png

2) cfa32c05e9.png

3) e44d21047c.png

4) 24604a7185.png

Players that can confirm your situation (If applicable)[VIP] CasualPsycho

I was online at this time as well, it seemed as quite a few players had engaged in the topic. It was an ongoing topic for awhile with constant questioning and inappropriate behavior. After being asked to stop, the players reacted with "We are just having fun." Disappointed in players involved and in the behavior they had, which was constituted as "fun".  Definitely an unnecessary amount pestering.

2n921Kz.png

And it would continue afterwards:

DxSLsBZ.png

Yeah like it's made it impossible for me to continue playing. My PMs are filled with people sending me messages, pestering me to react/engage/debate and calling me a liar/sick/broken/a troll. I can't even leave my base because at least one player has camped there waiting for me to leave to kill me and take my stuff (Sybis). While that in and of itself isn't against the rules, it's damn annoying and has made it impossible for me to do anything at all.

I just want to go to the moon and mine cheese.

Okey... this is a hard one. You have all the right to present a complaint against them. But they haven't broke any rule..

I dont know what you're seeking with this complaint. We can not ban them for this reason. But I'm sure we can warn them and make them stop harrassing you.

Personally I think this situation shouldn't happen. You should be open minded with other sexuality.

I'll speak personally with the tekkit staff. I'm sure this issue should stop anytime soon.

Hi I noticed this was an open topic and would like to attach an opinion from the other side. This was one of the most fun conversations I have had because there were so many passionate opinions on it. I can't comment on the DM stuff because I sent none and received none regarding the topic. What I can say is that in global chat, getting triggered like this will always result in this. This is just a case of trolling. I come from the United States where this is actually a very debated issue so I think discussion around it is pretty cool. Also most people seemed to agree that there was no problem with gay/lesbian/trans people, however, you have to pick one of the three genders, being boy girl or attack helicopter.  

I do want to say it is completely okay to engage in political discussions, as they are often encouraged in today's world, but it is not okay to target and harass someone. I feel bad for Cap_America that they were continually targeted for questioning, even after requests for it to stop. Whether you agree with someone or not, you should always respect them. Cap_America did not get the respect they deserve here. It's a shame. 

Take it for what it's worth, don't troll. It doesn't get you very far in the real world. -Spring

I noticed this post and I know it's not my area but even then this saddens me, how people are just so close-minded and won't accept people's likings and genders. They aren't being curious, they are actually harrassing you up to the point where other people are DMing you and asking you the same thing which just won't let you play comfortably and making you get into arguments with them, ultimately making the thing bigger and making other people join the troll-wagon.

I'm pretty sure there's something that can be decided within Tekkit staff but the Rule 15 can and should be applied in this case in my opinion. This is just infuriating.

Screenshot_193.png

2 hours ago, Spring_Water said:

I do want to say it is completely okay to engage in political discussions, as they are often encouraged in today's world, but it is not okay to target and harass someone. I feel bad for Cap_America that they were continually targeted for questioning, even after requests for it to stop. Whether you agree with someone or not, you should always respect them. Cap_America did not get the respect they deserve here. It's a shame. 

Take it for what it's worth, don't troll. It doesn't get you very far in the real world. -Spring

So if someone asks me "Hey why do you have a big tower?" and I say I like big things, and they repeat the question, over and over, its harassment? My only steak in this is the political discussions which I think were really fun and I only wanted to mention that. Overall, I really don't care about the rest of the situation as it does not concern me but I do want to put out there that Sibys is a friend and I think he was just having a little fun. Sibys has always been ready to help others and has even helped me out. Many of us were disappointed in Cap for reporting Sibys. The other two however I don't care about and would kill in a heartbeat. 

EDIT: Sorry for posting after the fact, I wanted to post before but forgot to his submit button and went afk. I also did not see Supa's reply. 

While i understand asking stuff is not specifically harassment, it is 1) the fashion in which they did it and 2) he asked them to stop, because he was clearly feeling targeted by said players, in which they refused to stop and continued to harass him.

Their questions were not simply out of interest/curiosity, they were asked in a fashion in which was borderline derogatory and meant to belittle him

1 minute ago, supaspork said:

While i understand asking stuff is not specifically harassment, it is 1) the fashion in which they did it and 2) he asked them to stop, because he was clearly feeling targeted by said players, in which they refused to stop and continued to harass him.

Their questions were not simply out of interest/curiosity, they were asked in a fashion in which was borderline derogatory and meant to belittle him

Ok sucks to be them, feels bad for Sibyis. 

Archived