[Compainy](all tekkit mods/admins)

TheFunMusician

In-Game Nickname: all of 'em
Your username (Optional): TheFunMusician
Time and Date: all da time

Description of what happened: (I'm assuming that this should be posted here, but I am willing to post this under the suggestions tab)

so, today I had an issue with the admin(itshairyharry) in the discord about not punishing (warning) both parties in an argument and I feel this is unjust. There was even a time when I felt the need to tell a bad guy 2x to stop talking to me as they allowed him to keep speaking as I was getting in trouble and getting warned twice, yet he still didn't warn him.

the only reason I bring this up is because the only craftersland server I've ever had an issue with anyone was within tekkit and I feel like this is not a rare incident as tekkit has over 2x more complaints than the dw 1.12 and has LESS active members and as you scroll through the list you can see mods, admins, and GMs listed there an eerily high amount.

it's common knowledge for the general public and staff that tekkit is toxic. Like, seriously, if you ran a poll and asked every single player which CL server was the most toxic then you would see what I'm talking about. At that point it is no longer an issue with players, per se, but the people in charge of the players.

part of what makes a good leader is accountability, but in every instance reported it has become more of a "We're right and you're wrong" situation. At a certain point we should step back and say 'is it everyone else that is wrong or am I the one at fault'

Screenshots or Proof: EVERYWHERE

List of eyewitnesses: EVERYONE

so, today I had an issue with the admin(itshairyharry) in the discord about not punishing (warning) both parties in an argument and I feel this is unjust. There was even a time when I felt the need to tell a bad guy 2x to stop talking to me as they allowed him to keep speaking as I was getting in trouble and getting warned twice, yet he still didn't warn him.

I wasn't  there at the time but I will still answer as I've read up the whole argument on discord, next time you start a fight don't expect that there will be no backlash from the other side as well, we generally try to diffuse a situation rather than straight up punish on discord, that's how we have been doing it with tekkit for a long time, saying the N-word was highly unacceptable and in my opinion you are lucky to have left with only a warning cause I wouldn't have done the same thing. 

the only reason I bring this up is because the only craftersland server I've ever had an issue with anyone was within tekkit and I feel like this is not a rare incident as tekkit has over 2x more complaints than the dw 1.12 and has LESS active members and as you scroll through the list you can see mods, admins, and GMs listed there an eerily high amount.

Tekkit has had triple the amount of player's from almost the rest of the servers, that is until we launched SF4 which I've noticed some of the tekkit players have gone there, I don't know where you got the "and has LESS active members" from, tekkit had over 60 players online over a month ago, just cause there are not that many players now doesn't mean we never had a lot of players.

it's common knowledge for the general public and staff that tekkit is toxic. Like, seriously, if you ran a poll and asked every single player which CL server was the most toxic then you would see what I'm talking about. At that point it is no longer an issue with players, per se, but the people in charge of the players.

Everyone at this point knows tekkit is toxic, we do what we can to combat the toxicity, even when it's not obvious that we do, we actually do. It's one of the lightest modpacks and it attracts people from all sides 

Staff also have their own limitations, we can't be online 24/7 to combat rule breakers as we have lives of our own, do we sometimes make mistakes? Definitely, we are not perfect in the heat of the moment we can also make mistakes. Do I feel like this was an unjust punishment? Not at all.

First off, it doesn't improve any situation by threatening me with what you could have/would have done if you were active at the time the incident occurred. Yes, I get that getting a little ghetto may not have been the wisest decision I've made doesn't justify his actions, but that is where I grew up and that is how I learned to combat stupidity. I used the term "nigga" in place of "bitch" to speak to a 50 year old white person. Please don't make a racial issue where there isn't one, especially since I'm gathering you've never even lived in the ghetto.

A wise man once said "one sin doesn't justify another's". I accepted that I did something wrong. The issue isn't that. The issue is staff deciding to ONLY punish ONE person TWICE for something that actively involved TWO people in the wrong. If you punish someone for breaking a rule then you should punish the other for breaking the same rule if it was present. 

In the picture below it shows that I asked a certain player (the other player in the argument) to stop talking to me and I followed the procedure to alert the mods (as I should have done because I was being harassed AFTER a mod ended the argument). Is there something else I should have done when I feel I've been wronged? I requested mod help AND I posted a complaint. Do I also need to post a separate complaint about him as well so as to not leave any bases uncovered so I can be justly tried in a case against someone else? I didn't purposely leave anything out and I damn sure didn't delete any content from discord like the moderators did.

As for the server, I've played on TEKKIT for months and at no point have I EVER seen more than 20 players in tekkit. In fact, while I was on for the couple of HOURS today I didn't even see more than 7 players online, including myself. No staff, btw, but I digress...

Furthermore, everyone does agree that tekkit server is toxic. My claim is that a good portion of the toxicity is spawned from the staff, themselves. Hell, I've never been banned for anything other than my name, but there's staff currently active that HAS been banned and confessed to have done what they were banned FOR. That doesn't seem very proactive.

And lastly, nothing I posted in my original complaint was rude or disrespectful or even a LIE so please, staff, if you take the time to read my post try not to threaten me by saying how "lucky" I am that I received a specific punish--- especially when I'm not refuting the issue. I find that to be highly distasteful and, quite frankly, disrespectful and rude.

I may have acted out today, but I've got a clean slate and I'm making a complaint. Please at least acknowledge WHY the staff chose to say that the reason he wasn't warned was due to me 'pinging' him to leave me alone, even though it was clear he was directly speaking to me without ANY resistance from the moderators. In this case, Harry.

Screenshot_20190511-042545.png

Screenshot_20190511-044530.png

First off, it doesn't improve any situation by threatening me with what you could have/would have done if you were active at the time the incident occurred. Yes, I get that getting a little ghetto may not have been the wisest decision I've made doesn't justify his actions, but that is where I grew up and that is how I learned to combat stupidity. I used the term "nigga" in place of "bitch" to speak to a 50 year old white person. Please don't make a racial issue where there isn't one, especially since I'm gathering you've never even lived in the ghetto.

Your logic baffles so you decide to use the n-word as a replacement to "bitch"? If that's not a racial issue I don't know what is.

A wise man once said "one sin doesn't justify another's". I accepted that I did something wrong. The issue isn't that. The issue is staff deciding to ONLY punish ONE person TWICE for something that actively involved TWO people in the wrong. If you punish someone for breaking a rule then you should punish the other for breaking the same rule if it was present. 

In the picture below it shows that I asked a certain player (the other player in the argument) to stop talking to me and I followed the procedure to alert the mods (as I should have done because I was being harassed AFTER a mod ended the argument). Is there something else I should have done when I feel I've been wronged? I requested mod help AND I posted a complaint. Do I also need to post a separate complaint about him as well so as to not leave any bases uncovered so I can be justly tried in a case against someone else? I didn't purposely leave anything out and I damn sure didn't delete any content from discord like the moderators did.

The severity of the issue is what caused your punishment, what maverick did by far does not fall under harassment, if you don't want someone to talk to you there is a simple solution, either stay in the server you actively play or block the person you don't want to be spoken by. There is a difference between someone actively going against you and someone speaking his mind of you at the moment.

As for the server, I've played on TEKKIT for months and at no point have I EVER seen more than 20 players in tekkit. In fact, while I was on for the couple of HOURS today I didn't even see more than 7 players online, including myself. No staff, btw, but I digress...

Furthermore, everyone does agree that tekkit server is toxic. My claim is that a good portion of the toxicity is spawned from the staff, themselves. Hell, I've never been banned for anything other than my name, but there's staff currently active that HAS been banned and confessed to have done what they were banned FOR. That doesn't seem very proactive.

I can bring up server's statistics that show otherwise about the amount of player's that have been only the past month only on one occasion the max playerbase was below 20.

I'd like to know to who you are referring to when you say "but there's staff currently active that HAS been banned and confessed to have done what they were banned FOR."

And lastly, nothing I posted in my original complaint was rude or disrespectful or even a LIE so please, staff, if you take the time to read my post try not to threaten me by saying how "lucky" I am that I received a specific punish--- especially when I'm not refuting the issue. I find that to be highly distasteful and, quite frankly, disrespectful and rude.

I may have acted out today, but I've got a clean slate and I'm making a complaint. Please at least acknowledge WHY the staff chose to say that the reason he wasn't warned was due to me 'pinging' him to leave me alone, even though it was clear he was directly speaking to me without ANY resistance from the moderators. In this case, Harry.

I also find it unfair how you stack up all the tekkit staff in this complaint, not everyone is the same, not everyone works the same way, not everyone had something to do with that situation, if you were talking about someone specifically you should've used that name alone.

I've said all I had to say really, if you want any more information ask the person that punished you directly.

7 minutes ago, TheFunMusician said:

To clarify: I violated rule #7 and was justly punished.

Another player violated rule #15 and there was no punishment because... I pinged him to stop talking to me to make everyone aware that I was being harassed?

Discord server rules are different from ingame server rules #information has all the rules for discord

Edit: on the above post i dont know what happened with the quotes, those fat spaces should've been there, doesn't let me edit it

1. Okay so calling an old white man a nigga is racist. Got it.

2. He's OBVIOUSLY continuing an argument after a moderator ended the issue. If that's not harassment "then I don't know what is"

3. Server statistics are on the first page. Look it up. That's where I pulled my data from.

And Ramma as been banned before, but I didn't want to bring names as the person is irrelevant. The actions, however, aren't. 

4. As a team, you are all in charge of a server. Anything good happens you all can take credit and vice versa.

1 minute ago, TheFunMusician said:

And Ramma as been banned before, but I didn't want to bring names as the person is irrelevant. The actions, however, aren't. 

Yes, I was banned before, infact twice. My actions were rule 2 aka bypassing, and were handled correctly by the staff team, I took my 2nd ban as a sign to change the way I act and reformed, I don't see why you need to use this as a justification in your complaint If I'm totally honest.

2 minutes ago, TheFunMusician said:

1. Okay so calling an old white man a nigga is racist. Got it.

2. He's OBVIOUSLY continuing an argument after a moderator ended the issue. If that's not harassment "then I don't know what is"

3. Server statistics are on the first page. Look it up. That's where I pulled my data from.

4. As a team, you are all in charge of a server. Anything good happens you all can take credit and vice versa.

1. It's not who you call the n-word, its how you decide to use it that makes it racist.

2. That hardly looks like an argument, on my point of you he made things clear with you, which by far doesn't fall under harassment.

3. If  you are talking about all the server except tekkit and network having 80+ players, it shows the overall playerbase since all the server except tekkit and network are connected via a hub server. Not every single on of those server have 80+ players.

4. Ramma has been banned and i was the person to ban him, since then I've seen Ramma's change and everything he did to no longer be the person he once was. He was accepted by Henk's decision (and henk is the Main Manager and dare i say Co-Owner of these servers) Henk himself saw ramma's change and it was that which allowed him to finally staff after he was denied previously.

We are choosing not to punish someone that hasn't actively called you names, you have been provoking him and its quiet obvious, there is a difference between someone responding to your provocations and you saying stuff like "Dust in your veins ass lookin Moses" and even then you were verbally warned to not continue this, as far as im aware you have only been officially warned for saying the n-word.

Just now, TheFunMusician said:

I broke rules and I've been punished. He continued an argument to 'make things clear with me'after an admin ended an argument and dished out punishment. I can't make things 'clear' with him because that would be harassment... am I getting this right?

You can make this clear with him without continuously calling him names 

Alright. Since you have given me permission to 'make things clear' with him I will do so on discord very publicly as to not confuse the staff as to my intentions.

You're using my example of why I WAS punished to justify why he WASNT punished even after he continued after an admin said stop (which, where I come from, means 'cease' or 'do not continue to speak about the subject'

Archived