[1.12.2] Lower the price of /buyclaimblocks

cmyk

Hello,

Currently the price of a claimblock on 1.12.2 is $50 per block. It's not $50 for a chunk its $50 for a single block.

Lets do some math.

• A minecraft chunk is 16x16
  • This is 256 claim blocks per chunk. (A claim block extends to bedrock so height doesn't matter)
  • 256*50 = 12800

That is $12,800 to claim a single chunk ?

Suggestion: Lower a claim block to 6.25, this will make a chunk cost $1600 which I think is a fair price and everyone will be happy :D

Thanks!

I think that the suggested price is too low, you're meant to play for claim blocks and gradually expand or buy them in mass via donation, that's part of the monetization model. Obviously, it should be reasonably expensive to get a claim, and considering that valuable resources sell for no more than $2000 (except for early game), you should expect to be able to get a 10x10 area for $2000 => $20/block. If the price is too high then either circumvent it by donation or play for longer and focus on expanding what you have vertically.

2 hours ago, Hcaz said:

I think that the suggested price is too low, you're meant to play for claim blocks and gradually expand or buy them in mass via donation, that's part of the monetization model. Obviously, it should be reasonably expensive to get a claim, and considering that valuable resources sell for no more than $2000 (except for early game), you should expect to be able to get a 10x10 area for $2000 => $20/block. If the price is too high then either circumvent it by donation or play for longer and focus on expanding what you have vertically.

I based my prices off of tekkit since a chunk costs $500 iirc. I’m not too familiar with the dwolf economy so maybe my suggested price was low, but my point still stands, the current price is too high. 

Reasonably Expensive 

I agree with this, however, I think the system isn't supposed to be used (the buying of claim blocks) well on "our" servers, I think it's just one of those things which has been left at its default value, and just not disabled, however a price reduction would he really nice so I do keep having to buy claim blocks from buy craft lol

• 8 months later...