[FTB Infinity Evolved] Time for server WIPE? Vote here!

brunyman

Infinity WIPE  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Time to do a full WIPE on Infinity Evolved Server?

• YES! New Map seeds, fresh start and land to explore!
    • NO! Don't WIPE now, let's wait more.
    • I don't care. Show me the results.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

infinity.png&key=2f8076c80019991a5593cf4

So, time for a server WIPE check, the last wipe was about 6 months ago on 1st February 2019. There is still room for new players in the overworld but player count dropped a lot lately. If we WIPE all data will get a reset except for ranks, we will generate new map seeds and provide a download link of the old map. Server lag will be reduced and a fresh map for all to explore!

Vote in the pool above and let us know what to do next.

Server live map:  HERE

If we wipe we will generate new map seeds and provide a world download link for the existing main world.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you really think that a wipe is not needed? I’ve been searching for Silverwood Sapling for almost three days.
It seems to me the time to update the map, it has already been searched by players and it is difficult for beginners to find something.

Wherever you come, there were already people there. Pits, blocks, buildings, free and beautiful places are few, and a random teleport with a 60% chance will send you to the town to another player.

15 hours ago, Mayoicu said:

Do you really think that a wipe is not needed?

Well, wipe MAY be needed, but it's only 3 month passed, it's too early. Practice says best wipe time is about 5-6 months.
But if still, you can ask @brunyman to make a POLL to decide if wipe is needed. And if 2/3 of active community say YES, then there will be wipe.

P.S. I'm pro-wipe, so you got my support here. But i will not go against community. There are many more modpacks to play while you waiting for  wipe.

3 hours ago, Timur said:

Well, wipe MAY be needed, but it's only 3 month passed, it's too early. Practice says best wipe time is about 5-6 months.
But if still, you can ask @brunyman to make a POLL to decide if wipe is needed. And if 2/3 of active community say YES, then there will be wipe.

P.S. I'm pro-wipe, so you got my support here. But i will not go against community. There are many more modpacks to play while you waiting for  wipe.

The server has been running since february, so 8 months in already. I am pro wipe as well.

The server can be expected to get a wipe during this month, possibly before halloween.

7 hours ago, Akademee said:

I'm not sure where you got 3 months from man

My mistake, i read date of Bruny's first post of this topic. I forgot it was about wipe poll, not about wipe itself. Poll have failed, so he said... "We will check the server status in 1 or 2 months again" so probably it's a goood time for a wipe poll, @brunyman.

20 hours ago, Mayoicu said:

Many servers practice map regeneration, maybe you should think about it?

You mean "WIPE", right? Wipe is not only map regen, but also inventory clean, all base deletion and all progression deletion.
Only thing left is donator perks.

• brunyman unfeatured and unpinned this topic

A wipe is a reason for a lot of old players to return to the pack. They see it as a fresh start for everyone and a new competition to engage in, especially as this is Expert Mode.

A new map also provides a new seed and locations to explore.

Regenning chunks can quite often go wrong with the AE2 meteorites which appear out of random, and while it isn't really a big deal, this is just a short term solution and to expect a modded server to run for years is quite utopic.

I will close this topic as we have a new wipe poll opened.

T/C

Archived