A Raiding/Mining World

qtChan

A Raiding/Mining World

A Way To Help New Players

Proposed by qtChan

So as some of the players start searching for structures in an exploration based modpack, RLCraft, they might find themselves stuck and disappointed to find out that most of the structures are already raided, specially battle towers. Even though this is not really a major issue, since there are still some decent dungeons that new players could find, it is without a doubt going to be a problem as time pass by since since as the world gets older the lesser the dungeons and battle towers that are available for players to raid. This will then eventually lead into a world reset which will sadly reset all players hard work and hence may cause into the lost of O.G players. I know think of an idea to solve this both issues. This idea is the Raiding World!

WHAT IS THIS RAIDING WORLD?

This raiding world is basically just the same normal plain overworld that the normal RLCraft would give. Although, this one is separated from the main world. This world is meant to be used for adventuring, raiding, and mining purposes in which this world will reset every month in able to keep it's freshness.

WHY SHOULD WE ACCEPT THIS SUGGESTION?

This suggestion is designed to both benefit the older players and the new players. It helps new and normal players to find and raid dungeons and feel the full experience of RLCraft! It also helps them gather resources much easier since this world will never run out of it. It also prevents any future resets due to world related issues such as the lack of dungeons. And lastly, it will greatly help the server as it will attract a lot of new players since they know that it is easier to progress in this server thanks to it's abundant resources.

WHAT ARE THE CONS?

The main con of this is the fact that it may and will cause lag since it will add a new plugin (I think) and a new world for the server to generate. And since this is basically an advertising strategy to attract more players, it will surely cause more traffic and lag than usual so those occasional 1-8 TPS lag spikes will certainly increase, This, however, could be fixed by allocating more system resource to the RLCraft server. If you think about it, the community of RLCraft is pretty decent and it never gets 0 players! This is an investment that is worth it.

Got Any Insights? Ideas? Complains?
Post them down below and lets discuss them!

It wouldn't add too much lag, if implemented correctly I think is fairly easy

make a clone  map/server/world

disable portals, machines and anything else other than exploration

limit this world to 5k blocks or something rational.

create a main portal @ spawn connected to this new world.

and have the world reset every week or so 

this is helpful for the goals of 2020 right ?

29 minutes ago, JeanAlc said:

It wouldn't add too much lag, if implemented correctly I think is fairly easy

make a clone  map/server/world

disable portals, machines and anything else other than exploration

limit this world to 5k blocks or something rational.

create a main portal @ spawn connected to this new world.

and have the world reset every week or so 

this is helpful for the goals of 2020 right ?

I don't think a clone is necessary :3 We just need a seperated world for adventuring and stuff.
Meanwhile I agree with disabling the machines and portals and the world border.
Anyways, thank you for your insights! 

This would be a great idea and new ppl will come by when they can clear battle towers and dungeons!
I agree with that and it should not add that much lagg i mean if it adds lagg ppl in nether and end will lagg the overworlds aswell its a separate world.

• Ness27 featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Ness27 locked this topic

Archived