[Network] [Factions] Server Wipe Request

Andrew2070

Factions Wipe  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Factions wiped?

• Yes
    • NO

Hello,

The factions server has gone through alot, it has been corrupted by all the donors with creative access.

I mean today i found a bunker made of bedrock for a sponsor and his faction crowded with chests.

Hopes spawned in items are almost on every single person i have met. You kill someone or raid them they drop tons of spawend in items that say, lukegoh, hope, daverlos, mraboudi i mean what the hell is this.

Then on top of that these same donors use there op armors and potions to kill us off and sell our legit armor for money, again what the hell is this.

If you go around the world with a pickaxe almost every block is spawned in.

My own faction member alexlvov1 had huge loads of hopes items that i gave to [gm] legion.

I am pissed off that these donors can think there above the rules, they dont get banned for what they do, they simply just do whatever they want and say that the rules are not the rules. They avoid the rules and break each one.

Ask yourself this, 

Would you live in a server that had op armor for everyone but yourself?

Would you like it if sponsors and donors with creative attacked you and used there creative armor to kill you?

Would you like it  that sponsors armor and weaponry is so advanced that it can kill us and we cant fight them?

Does it make sence that sponsors get to go against the rules and we dont?

How is it that sponsors are allowed to fly into our bases and attack us, kill our faction mobs in creative...

Fight us off then fly away to regenerate there own health and come back and fight us?

To be able to set home in someones base or multiple bases?

I know its too much to ask for a complete removal of Creative access to premium + and higher, but There should be a one warning system, you spawned in items and gave them away, you are warned.

You spawned it in again you are now banned for 5 days, and finally a weeks ban and after that a demotion.

Rules should also be updated. Factions is a mess, i own a large castle but then again i would not mind rebuilding. So please Wipe the server next month

Vote yes if you are a legit player and want to play legitimately and fairly.

Vote no if you want spawned in items and to have the risk of being banned for it.

Check here for evidence:

http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/3847-network-factions-large-excess-of-sponsor-spawned-in-items-in-peoples-bases/

Thank you

~Andrew2060

Network is pretty smooth for me so network no but tekkit yes.

Also Zangow ? Network collapse ? Please , Network is one of the most stable servers i have seen and is growing.

Didnt you see spawned items?GM1 ppl spawning extreme amount of items and giving them-flying ppl pvp when flying.

Mrbatman, you are almost never active on Factions, you do not know the things that we have seen,

My faction and NorthernVampire aka TheLegendGhost's Faction has raided many factions and all we keep getting is spawned in items. Each time we do we burn them and report it.

WE caught them again a huge case this time. Plus after a wipe think of everything, no lag, no more unraidable sponsor bases, and more land to claim

Andrew how I said on the shoutbox:

The only thing that we can do is to ban them or warn them,they will still spawn items.Players will be very angry if we will have another wipe,no one wants to work so much and then another wipe.The staff wil confiscate the spawned in items.We will try to do everything that is possible to stop them.

The only thing that we can do is to ban them or warn them,they will still spawn items.Players will be very angry if we will have another wipe,no one wants to work so much and then another wipe.The staff wil confiscate the spawned in items.We will try to do everything that is possible to stop them.

And we must to wait for our ranks ... A wipe it is not so necessary .... you want a wipe because your factions was stolen ...

Last wipe was not more then 1 month ? 2 ?

Can't there be something similar to old creative server when people weren't able to take lava or water buckets. Maybe put that thing on items like armor,swords,bedrock,enchanting books,xp bottles,Golden apples etc. And again this is just an idea, i don't even know if its possible.

Their 1 hitting us.

Oh sorry, i didnt know about the past wipe, its just its frustrating how they can do whatever they feel like,

theres a limited amount of staff and i have only met two administrators and a single Gm, not to mention one mod and two judges.

Powerwarp is also the ONLY helper i have met.

None of them are usually online on factions and if so its hard to contact them as they live in various timezones.

So if you guys spent a little more attention on factions we might just resolve this problem. :)

OR recruit more helpers to do so as done on tekkit.

~Andrew2060

Sponsors have been a problem for a long time, it's not the first wipe request we get. Even if there will be another wipe, the sponsors will make sure it has to be wiped again in less than 2 months. Other servers wipe their maps once a year, because their sponsors don't get 90% of the acces that the GM's that worked their butt off to get where they are for money. 

If we want to solve this problem, simply remove the creative and item command from the Sponsors, they will never learn from it if they don't get punished permanently or can't use the command from the very beginning.

There's no point in wiping to get rid of the OP items if the permissions that Sponsors are the same. That, or either they should get a 1 month ban on the first time they use their commands against the rules ( oh wait, we don't have rules for sponsors and we were told to not ban them anymore ). 

Solving these problems first will create a balanced economy on our Servers, otherwise there will be no progress and players will leave because they can't match to the Sponsors.

Basically, if we block creative access, Then no one buys any of those donor ranks.

The thing is minecraft is  a buesness now a days, we rely on them to support the servers hosting bills,

As Mojangs EULA says so we cannot offer anything that makes the game unfair or affects gameplay for money.

Creative Control plugins can keep sponsors from giving items out, If you press Q items still wont get dropped and a warning will come that they are not allowed to do that. If they try and drop it from there inventory screens again another warning will come that they have no permission to do that. And if they place these blocks or try and put them in chests the items would not get stored in  chests, and whoever mines the placed blocks would not be able to retrieve them since they are spawned in. There are plugins that do this.

More importantly i know more databases lag servers but CoreProtect or LogBlock would actually help since they allow staff members to roll back a single person, a certain area or if necessary the entire server. It would allow them to wipe it by time. so if a sponsor goes on a frenzy of giving away items then well just /CoreProtect rollback (sponsor-Name) (time)

It would also help manage the fact that some people take advantage of staff members refunding items and make up false stories to get items.

Nevertheless we dont necessarily need a wipe, it was merely a suggestion. Changing a few things maybe restricting creative access or blocking it for a while to show those donors that we mean what were saying.

I know no one likes wipes, and its better of that we dont have one, like i said it was a mere suggestion. We need more enforcement of the rules and to keep these creative donors in line. Most of them believe that they are STAFF members and feel that they can break as many rules as they want and not risk any punishment. Either restrict creative, or enforce the rule to not give those items away and to report them if lost in pvp.

~Andrew2060

If you go around the map you will see tons of blocks spawned in by donors using creative and Limited Creative does not solve too much things. Although it can restrict creative players to use blocks that may be useful for them but poisonous for the server. The sponsors still have access to command /give or /I and if they are on survival...the items are registered as legit items, so the plugin is pretty useless in this situation.

Now, Andrew is right with one thing: TOO many items spawned by creative, the server is getting laggier day by day, even if the provider doesn't say so. The more plugins the server has, the laggier it will be for players to join and play. A wipe will only solve the map problem, as a lot of you already know, but there are still lots of plugins and configuration to be done.

The sponsors and premium+ players shouldn't be banned neither, because it's their right to use creative, but...yes they can get some restrictions.

Anyway, even if there is more staff recrutied, they can't stay all day all night to babysit creative players, it's hard work and a big lose of time and the server can't be wiped month by month just because of this problems. I remeber that before the last wipe, the spawn zone was getting lagged and annoying because of sponsors who were spawning withers everywhere...

Archived