Server TPS issues

The server seems to run quite healthy with even up to 25 people on during weekend peak times. However, there's a very select few people who have bases where they either don't understand or don't care about the server lag their setup is creating. One of these certain people, a poisonous commoner, falls into the latter of these categories. They alone bring the servers TPS to its knees, causing more lag with six people on than 25 people without them. The speed of many things is literally halved. At that point you can't really argue against it impacting every persons quality of play on the server. It would be nice to see if some administration can investigate some of the more serious offenders.

We are currently undergoing investigation of some of these offenders. However, for me, when I try to investigate their bases, it causes me to crash, and I cannot fix the problem or see what caused it. Currently the only one who can do real work about it is the server owner, @brunyman. Hopefully he sees this and takes a look at the problem.

• Founder

Hi, yes, i'm aware of the issues, and I can also get the location of the chunks that case the lag, some bases are so heavy for server that the TPS goes down to 7 even with only that base loaded. problem is that the base being so complex it's hard to find the exact source of the lag, I don't know what will be the best action in this case.

I think "Laggy base" issue should be added to Rules list. I`m only not sure how to proof that specific base IS source of lag.

P.S. On many servers there is a plugin droadcasting coordinates of "Laggyes place on server". This helps staff members troubleshoot TPS issues.

Sadly, i don`t know name of this plugin.

From what I saw yesterday the tps has been fixed a good bit I had a solid 20tps almost all yesterday. 

Still a bit more work to do though a few peoples base drop the tps down a bit which happened before I went to bed last night. 

Overall keep up the good work :D

I'd assume that it does, and should be reported to higher up staff. Any laggy bases should be reported as well. It may even fall under Rule 12 of the modded server rules. Either way, not all of the bases have yet been identified and fixed yet. I know at least one of them was fixed, so it should help a little bit.

Toxicplebs base has been removed - upon his own request - and the server has seen a great improvement on server tps. Also the great work from the players requesting town removals and the staff team working on both regen'ing them and removing them have impacted the server aswell.

Because of this I don't see this topic longer relevant, if this is to be come an issue again in the future this topic can be revived or made another one. Until then, keep doing the good work everyone.

Topic closed.

• Henk locked this topic

Archived