My suggestions for Craftersland.

Twynics

These are all of my suggestions for Craftersland that I think will make it more of an enjoyable experience for players, reduce hackers and rule breakers in general, and make life easier. Please note that this list is ongoing and will be updated as I think about new ways to make this network more entertaining for all!

1. Make CTW an official gamemode. There's no reason not to, it's a strong marketing point and original to most people. It can attract a lot of players' attention if advertised and developed right. It also gets sufficient amount of players to be a main gamemode- it's not really a "minigame" anymore.
  2. Add more maps. Right now in CTW and in most lobbies/games in general, there aren't enough maps. It's just the same old maps being played over and over again- not that this is bad but it shows that not a lot of effort is being put into the server and puts a bad mark on the server. Removing "Frozen Arena" on CTW would also be much appreciated as it's a nightmare to play on with the anticheat. It always thinks you use the 'step' hack.
  3. New punishment system. The current punishment system is rather flawed because hacking is a week long ban. That just isn't right, 3 weeks at the minimum. Players will just get back on and start hacking again and again. I also see a lot of repeated offenders in my reports quite often so it just adds more evidence that the current punishment system is not working. I might do out an example table of a better system.
  4. Better translations. Get some people in here who can translate English & Spanish fluently. It looks really unprofessional if all the deathmessages are saying, "Username was shoot by username". That's just in game though, a lot more of the mistakes are on the forums. 1 day would be all you need to fix all the mistakes...
  5. Better AntiCheat. I know I probably just sound annoying now but I can't stress how important a good AntiCheat is! It really drives new players away if they are continuously getting kicked for "autoclicking" when really they were just mining! Sure, it might stop cheaters, but any new player won't want to stay a day here if it keeps happening and they don't know why! When I first joined I had to ask Marce why it kept happening but I doubt most people would even bother themselves to do this. They'd just leave!
  6. Fix the commands in CTW. Again, another minor issue but none of the commands in CTW work! To message somebody you have to use: "/minecraft:tell username" whereas in Assassins you can use/msg, /tell and /w! You also need to fix /tp
  7. Creative instead of observer before/after matches end. Maybe it's just personal preference but I think that going into creative would be more visually pleasing than observer mode. It also means you could use /tp instead of scrolling through your hotbar looking for the right player which is rather annoying and difficult!

I will be updating this list over time and I would love to hear more suggestions! Just reply and I will add it!:P

I totally agree

8 minutes ago, Twynics said:

Fix the commands in CTW

The commands for the staff too; they don't work in-game, we have to go to the lobby every time for a simple /warn. And when we are specting a game, we should have perms for the command /v.

In addition, we made a list of bugs, and no one of them was fixed.

15 minutes ago, Twynics said:

Better AntiCheat.

Everyone wants that. There is a topic (well, there are lots) dedicated to it, made by you  

We have already discussed all the points before, but I don't see changes :/ CTW doesn't have any update since last summer's. It needs more attention, it's one of the most played games in Network.

33 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

So, this isn't a Craftersland suggestion post, Rather a CTW suggestion post, all these points aren't relevant or needed on other servers. 

How is it a CTW suggestions post? Sure, I based many of the points off of it as it's the gamemode I play most, but that makes no sense... 

all these points aren't relevant or needed on other servers. 

1) How are they not relevant? Please elaborate. 

2) Yes, they are. Again, how are they not?

25 minutes ago, MarceLOL said:

The commands for the staff too; they don't work in-game, we have to go to the lobby every time for a simple /warn. And when we are specting a game, we should have perms for the command /v.

In addition, we made a list of bugs, and no one of them was fixed.

50 minutes ago, Twynics said:

How many developers does the server have?

26 minutes ago, MarceLOL said:

Everyone wants that. There is a topic (well, there are lots) dedicated to it, made by you 

Yeah, I thought I'd make it a little more precise and easier to find here.

26 minutes ago, MarceLOL said:

We have already discussed all the points before, but I don't see changes :/ CTW doesn't have any update since last summer's. It needs more attention, it's one of the most played games in Network.

As you discussed them, probably in a meeting, what did bruny say? And I agree.

I should have added, "on the servers i've played", i've never encountered any of these issues on either the tekkit, or skyfactory servers.

apologies for the confusion. :) 

I only meant it's not a Craftersland network wide issue, only to select servers, such as the CTW gamemode. 

What even is CTW? i see it mentioned all over the place, but no idea what it actually is. 

6 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I should have added, "on the servers i've played", i've never encountered any of these issues on either the tekkit, or skyfactory servers.

Yeah, it's not on those servers. I haven't played them.

apologies for the confusion. :)

No problem.

I only meant it's not a Craftersland network wide issue, only to select servers, such as the CTW gamemode.

Yes, but there aren't specific places to put suggestions for different servers in unfortunately...

What even is CTW? i see it mentioned all over the place, but no idea what it actually is. 

CTW stands for Capture the wool. It's a very popular gamemode in which you have 1 or more wool rooms on your side. The enemy has to enter those wool rooms and retrieve their wool, bring it back to their base and place it on the monument and they win. You have to defend your wool rooms to prevent the enemy from entering and retrieve your wool from their side, and bring it back. It's hard to explain and easier to show you in game.

EDIT: I don't know if you wanted to know what the abbreviation stood for or the actual gamemode and how to play, so I just did both :P

Just now, Twynics said:

what did bruny say?

It was a long list from all the bugs in Network, he said "I'll see what I can do", and well he solved Hiipo's bugs very fast, but only Hiipo's.

5 minutes ago, Twynics said:

How many developers does the server have?

As far as I know, Brunyman and Powerwarp are the only ones that can manage this

1 minute ago, MarceLOL said:

It was a long list from all the bugs in Network, he said "I'll see what I can do", and well he solved Hiipo's bugs very fast, but only Hiipo's.

As far as I know, Brunyman and Powerwarp are the only ones that can manage this

Thanks, the server needs developers fast...

I agree with most of the stuff you said. The anticheat they use currently is AAC which is from spigot. I believe this is a bad choice considering a free hacked client can get around it. Twnynics, also the server owner is the developer he is a very good one.

If any owners can contact me I own an anticheat that no cheaters can cheat with, called shadow.

15 hours ago, Wggun said:

I agree with most of the stuff you said. The anticheat they use currently is AAC which is from spigot. I believe this is a bad choice considering a free hacked client can get around it. Twnynics, also the server owner is the developer he is a very good one.

If any owners can contact me I own an anticheat that no cheaters can cheat with, called shadow.

Good job on coding an AntiCheat! But cheaters always find a way - even with the best AC's. Apart from that it doesn't matter if the owners a developer. One developer isn't enough to run a server this size. It's too much work for him. And thanks for agreeing!

17 hours ago, Twynics said:

New punishment system. The current punishment system is rather flawed because hacking is a week long ban. That just isn't right, 3 weeks at the minimum. Players will just get back on and start hacking again and again. I also see a lot of repeated offenders in my reports quite often so it just adds more evidence that the current punishment system is not working. I might do out an example table of a better system.

I would say a permanent ban would be the best option, hacking ruins player's experience and the fun of PvPing. Getting unbanned should be something difficult in hacking punishments, because, as you said rule breakers break rules again and again, so they don't understand that there are rules and that they have to follow them. Also, rules are not really clear, in some servers /rules says that hacking is a 7d ban and others 5d, etc, that makes staff members impart different lenght in punishments for the same offence. There should be a unified rules list in the forum and the /rules should be updated. Agree on most of what you said, nice post.

2 hours ago, Twynics said:

Good job on coding an AntiCheat! But cheaters always find a way - even with the best AC's. Apart from that it doesn't matter if the owners a developer. One developer isn't enough to run a server this size. It's too much work for him. And thanks for agreeing!

I don't code. One of my great friends and I sell it on some market website :)

3 hours ago, Twynics said:

Apart from that it doesn't matter if the owners a developer. One developer isn't enough to run a server this size. It's too much work for him.

True it's a lot of work, owners have lives too. However it's up to brunyman to decide who he wants messing around with the servers, as there's been (trust) issues with this sort of stuff before. Another thing to note is, devs don't work for free. It's a lot of CL servers to maintain and cover hosting expenses for, I don't think we're exactly running on a huge budget. 

Other than that, you're right about every single one of your points, however I'm positive the staff are aware of most of them, you just can't see their topics on those, haha. Just remember a lot of this takes time to think about and later on implement, time that's hard to come by when there's so many servers to look after.

3 hours ago, CARAJOCOMER said:

I would say a permanent ban would be the best option, hacking ruins player's experience and the fun of PvPing. Getting unbanned should be something difficult in hacking punishments, because, as you said rule breakers break rules again and again, so they don't understand that there are rules and that they have to follow them. Also, rules are not really clear, in some servers /rules says that hacking is a 7d ban and others 5d, etc, that makes staff members impart different lenght in punishments for the same offence. There should be a unified rules list in the forum and the /rules should be updated. Agree on most of what you said, nice post.

Thanks for agreeing, however regarding the permanent ban, permanently banning someone will reduce the player counts and encouraged ban evading as they know there's no other way to play again without appealing. I think a 30 day ban would be much more effective as it stops this.

28 minutes ago, Jimmel said:

True it's a lot of work, owners have lives too. However it's up to brunyman to decide who he wants messing around with the servers, as there's been (trust) issues with this sort of stuff before. Another thing to note is, devs don't work for free. It's a lot of CL servers to maintain and cover hosting expenses for, I don't think we're exactly running on a huge budget. 

Other than that, you're right about every single one of your points, however I'm positive the staff are aware of most of them, you just can't see their topics on those, haha. Just remember a lot of this takes time to think about and later on implement, time that's hard to come by when there's so many servers to look after.

Good response. I didn't know there had been trust issues before and that really sucks that there has been! I'm sure if you went looking on the Minecraft Forums you could find some alright developers that could learn to code the right language on here. I know there are a few good ones that have been found on there.

The problem in CTW, the real problem that everyone is complaining about, and a lot of ban evaders and users do it, and get banned over and over and still do it, is the

Wool bug abuse.

They would not stop doing it even if they have millions of days of ban. Just look at the leaderboard: Top wools placed = Top wool buggers.

http://imgur.com/a/wkAi4

Madness...

The punishments of wool bug abuse are completely unfair, people just ban evade and keep doing it. The solution is when they get caught doing it, reset their money.

Im tired of people that ALWAYS plays in full dia, op sword and op bow. I will not say names of who use it but I could name a LOT of people.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2017 at 11:22 PM, Main said:

The problem in CTW, the real problem that everyone is complaining about, and a lot of ban evaders and users do it, and get banned over and over and still do it, is the

Wool bug abuse.

They would not stop doing it even if they have millions of days of ban. Just look at the leaderboard: Top wools placed = Top wool buggers.

http://imgur.com/a/wkAi4

Madness...

The punishments of wool bug abuse are completely unfair, people just ban evade and keep doing it. The solution is when they get caught doing it, reset their money.

Im tired of people that ALWAYS plays in full dia, op sword and op bow. I will not say names of who use it but I could name a LOT of people.

Or, a much simpler method. Remove the glass and blocks above the wool monument. Problem solved!

We already proposed some solutions for the wool bug like:

"Protecting the placement of the wool with bedrock like in octc, that's the easiest and fastest solution to the biggest problem in ctw. "

and @josueIlI's: 

1.- Generate entities in the crystal where the bug is made, in an exact point. Like invisible ArmorStand or FallingSand with respective crystal textures. 
2.- Mode of game to adventure (gm2), when you receive the kits the items would have to be modified, like which blocks you can place in the types of blocks or like what tools you can break the types of blocks or with which kits you can put to an area.
3.- Make a system to detect inventory and put the wool when you press a special button

Archived